Author Support Group discussion

Group Therapy > "Author's Remorse"?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (fiona64) Hi, everyone. I was just notified that my short story, "The Judas Kiss," did not place in a competition where I had entered it. Now, I know I'm not always going to please every judge, but in hindsight I think the story was stronger before I tinkered with it prior to send-off. :-/ Of course, I can always go back and remove the changes I made, but it doesn't alter what I sent to this contest (and to one other where I entered the same story).

Anyone else deal with this kind of "author's remorse" over their work?

message 2: by Jaimey, Co-Moderator (new)

Jaimey (jaimeygrant) | 287 comments Mod
Sharon wrote: "Hi, everyone. I was just notified that my short story, "The Judas Kiss," did not place in a competition where I had entered it. Now, I know I'm not always going to please every judge, but in hindsight I think the story was stronger before I tinkered with it prior to send-off. :-/ Of course, I can always go back and remove the changes I made, but it doesn't alter what I sent to this contest (and to one other where I entered the same story).

Anyone else deal with this kind of "author's remorse" over their work?"

Heck yeah. I can't really elaborate on that but I know exactly how you feel. :o)

message 3: by Madison, Co-Moderator (new)

Madison Paine (madisonpaine) | 132 comments Mod
Sharon wrote: "Hi, everyone. I was just notified that my short story, "The Judas Kiss," did not place in a competition where I had entered it. Now, I know I'm not always going to please every judge, but in hind..."

After 23 edits a pesky "s" tormented me when I got my books back from press. I had to pay $75 to get it corrected. Torture!!!!