Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > Georginia Kincaid series

Comments Showing 1-50 of 100 (100 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jess (last edited Jun 24, 2009 01:56PM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments One of Richelle Mead's series is the Georginia Kincaid series. is anyone currently reading one of these books or has read it? (our group read her first book Succubus Blues as June BOM, and we are continuing it as a mini-read)

How do people like this series?

Here are the books (in order):
Succubus Blues
Succubus On Top
Succubus Dreams
Succubus Heat
Succubus Shadows

Please hold off on commenting until July.

** Note - Spoilers are allowed but please indicate at the top of your post if you will be writing a spoiler. Thank you **

message 2: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I really liked the first book in this series, I think it's funny that our first author of the month coincides with last months BOM and now our mini read lol.

But I was a little sad at the end of the first book so it makes me a little leery to continue lol. I kind of like happy books. Not depressing books.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 437 comments I just finished this series last week, and I have to say, Jess, if you're after HEAs, this isn't the series for you. That's not to say it isn't good, in fact I think it's a brilliant series and I loved each and every book. I did have to take a break between books three and four though as I was feeling a bit emotionally drained. It's a great reflection on Richelle's writing though, as I became so wrapped up in the characters she created that I laugh when they laugh, and cry when they do. It's not all doom and gloom, but as this is a UF series you can't depend on the couple walking happily into the sunset at the end of each book. You just have to sit back, watch their adventures and hope for the best.

message 4: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments oh crap.. lol.. I like HEA endings!!!!

message 5: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 326 comments But there is still one more book in the series that is yet to be published.... so you may just get your HEA! And I agree DarkHeart, her writing is amazing. (Even though I had only read her VA series)

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 437 comments Is there only one more book coming for this series? Eek! I believe in the HEA, and think the pain we feel along the way will make the pay off that much sweeter. We'll shall see though.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh wow. I didn't realize there is only one more book. :(

message 8: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (craftymommy) | 23 comments According to her faq page there's 6 or 7 books planned in the Georgia Kincaid series. The next book out in 2010 is book 5.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh cool! Thanks Melinda!

message 10: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (craftymommy) | 23 comments No problem.

This series is my favorite and I'm just going nuts waiting for Georgina's HEA. :)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Me too! I just can't decide who I want it to be. LOL

message 12: by Anna (new)

Anna (aknas22) | 349 comments I've only read the first book in the series and thought it was ok...I haven't rushed to continue the series. There didn't seem to be much happening in the book and Seth as the love interest didn't...well...interest me.

I just read summaries for the next books in the series and have decided that maybe I should give it another try.

message 13: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 326 comments Melinda wrote: "According to her faq page there's 6 or 7 books planned in the Georgia Kincaid series. The next book out in 2010 is book 5. "

=O
Both of her Georgina and VA series are 6 or 7 books long! I wonder if they are her fav number for books or if it is a coincident!!

message 14: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments I think it's a good series, but it definitely takes a darker emotional turn. It lost almost all of that wry, sarcastic humor I loved by book 2, with only rare glimpses after that. From the first chapter of the next one though, it seems to have returned and I'll welcome the change! I started to get depressed reading it!

message 15: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments ::::MAJOR SPOILERS::::

Ok ... I just finished Succubus Heat... ::sigh::

I'll start light. I loved the "fucking angels" and "Tim Horton's" throughout the book! Made me laugh everytime! XD

I also loved that in the big battle at the end all 3 of Georgina's kind of current exes were involved. LMAO

I figured the mysterious helper was Roman. I'm actually glad he's back. I like him. I don't know why. I just do.

Now with the heavy. I'm really dissapointed in Seth and Georgina for screwing around behind Maggie's back. Both of them pride themselves on being so moral and good and then they do something like this. Poor Maggie. :(

I'm NOT looking forward to Maggie finding out and confronting them. It's bound to happen. It's going to be HORRIBLE! It will most likely make me cry. lol

It seems that they bring out the worst in each other a lot of the time. Don't get me wrong I like Seth but it is possible he isn't "the one" she's meant to be with. I think she's too focused on him to look at anyone else.

I think she needs to get away from Seth. Too much drama.

There have been some theories that have been floating around in my brain for awhile....

The contract... states that every mortal she knew would forget her. Now since they'd be all dead and gone by now it makes sense that there isn't a problem.

BUT with her intense feelings for Seth and some moments between them that they both feel are deja vu. Especially the part where he told her "You are the world", the whole "mystical" part of them being together, and the part about always coming back together and being in each other's lives.

I'm thinking maybe Seth might be her husband's soul reincarnated? I know it's crazy but it just popped into my head and makes sense as to the whole Niphon thing.

Now if it's true (most likely not.) It doesn't necessarily mean he's "the one". It didn't work out long ago, it might not work out now.

Which brings me to the man in the dream. What if the dream is true? I'm thinking with her finding the tortie it's going to be somewhat true. I just think that Georgina wants it to be Seth. I don't think it's Seth though at this point. Their relationship and situation is damaged beyond repair.... almost.

What if the man is Roman?

I know. Not likely but he came back out of nowhere and is going to be a permanent fixture. He genuinely seems to care about Georgina still as well. He had a somewhat odd reaction to her dream. Just a thought.

message 16: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments SERIES SPOILERS

Amelia, so with you on almost everything! It's those brain waves again!

I loved Roman coming back because for some reason I've always liked him too! I think he'll add some much needed spice and levity to the coming books.

As for Seth, I've never really cared for him, and my apathy turned to dislike and disappointment in this book. It felt...so tawdry and cheap, them having their little fling.

Not to mention the changes it's brought to Georgina's personality. Too angsty, too self-absorbed, too whiny. Where's her backbone? The bastard ran off and banged her friend, and she's still pining for him? He did it for her? Am I supposed to buy that crap? Shiiit. Girl needs a slap upside the head.

As for the contract thing, a lot of people have the vibe Seth's a reincarnation of hubby. But since that still wouldn't make hubby "alive" I personally feel it wouldn't impact the contract, demons being tricksy crafty negotiators and all. But, Carter always trying to support G & S's relationship does give the reincarnation theory further validity.

My pet theory has always been that the mystery jewelry-maker will turn out to be someone from her time, turned immortal. She's always commenting on how the pieces of jewelry are almost precise replicas of things she owned back in her human days. I'll even venture to guess it's the guy she had an affair with that started her whole downfall.

But I'm so over everything having to do with Seth and Maggie. They need to move to Botswana, Outer Mongolia, Abu Dhabi...just away.
I think the vision is most certainly not Seth. And if it DID turn out to be him after all of this, I'd pitch a fit. A major one.

What did you think of the whole "stain on Seth's soul, direct ticket to hell" revelation? If he's going to hell after this one act, I'm on my way to hell's subdungeons.

message 17: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments AGAIN WITH THE SPOILERS!!!

Yea! I always liked Roman too! I think Georgina would benefit with a little nephilium love in her future!

Yea I honestly hated Seth after succubus dreams ... I mean he's such a "great soul" and "nice guy" yet he went out and slept with her friend! Really? I mean Georgina had her fling but that's it. It was a fling with someone Seth didn't really know. Was it right? No! Was it worse than what he did? HELL NO!

You know! I was going to say the whole bit with them being together just seemed really ... Cheap? Dirty? Lacking? It was just kind of Oh look.... we had sex. behind your girlfriend/ my friend's back. So trashy. I expected him to atleast end it with Maggie if they were going to get down.

OHHH! Thank you! Georgina WAS annoying! I found myself getting irritated everytime she talked/thought/was with Seth. It's like .... He screwed your friend! Dumped you! Trashed your immortality! Then up and flaunted a relationship with the friend he screwed! Really? Love of your life? Great guy?

Not to mention the fact that she just didn't really care enough to stop for Maggie. It just made me dislike Georgina. Which is sad. I really did like her in the earlier books. She needs to get her spunk back!

Yea Carter supporting their relationship is weird... I'm wondering if he will still be a supporter after this book though?

::Gasp:: I totally forgot about the jewelry! I love your theory! I'm going to use it! It's way better than Douche Seth being her husband! lol

Yea I feel bad for Maggie. Poor girl is caught in the middle and doesn't even know it. I feel like she's going to find out. I mean come on. It's one of the worst things that could happen. so it will. lol I dread it though. It's going to be really sad... and embarassing. :(

I also hate the fact that Seth is going to marry her to make up for the fact that he cheated! UGH! He should just leave her alone! He doesn't deserve her ... or Georgina in my opinion.

Oh yea! I forgot to mention that tainted soul bit! ... I felt kind of bad ... but then I didn't. lol

I mean he knew what he was doing was wrong. He shouldn't have done it. I feel bad/annoyed because Georgina is going to tear herself up over this! UGH! More Seth pining!

I don't know ... his act was sleazy in the extreme!

Hopefully Roman can take some of the pining away! ::waggles eyebrows::

message 18: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments Spoilers otra vez

Douche Seth asking her to marry him was just ludicrous. But Maggie is an idiot for saying yes anyway. Good lord, they've been dating how long? And she'd just been complaining he'd lost interest. Sigh. That whole situation is just...ARGH.

And...I really wasn't upset about the soul stain either. Send him to hell. Screw 'em.

Seth always struck me as that smarmy guy who everyone else keeps telling me is nice and great, but I know better...

message 19: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments Yea Maggie has never had a serious relationship before. She is new to it all. I wish she had said no! UGH! They are both going to end up miserable in that marriage! ... If it gets that far.

I used to like Seth in the first book... and in the 2nd ... I think. I can't remember. lol

The more I think about these last 2 books the less I like him. I thought I still liked him in this book but then the sleezy affair went down and I sat back and thought about all the stuff he's done.

My attitude now is "That ho needs to go!" with Seth.

I was wondering if Georgina is going to get a new love interst. It's kind of ridiculous how all these men have just fallen in love with her suddenly, Seth, Dante, Roman. I think it would be a bit too much to add in another.

Then again without another love interest I think she'd be pining over Seth. She will most likely end up with Roman for a bit but she will resist at first. thinking he wants to kill her and all. lol

Don't you just love Carter!? I wish she could end up with Carter! Naturally it's impossible since he would fall and be a demon and yadda yadda, but still, he's fantastic! ... fucking angels! lol

message 20: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments Love Carter. I wish he was around more so we could learn more about him. So elusive!

I miss Peter and Cody having more page time. I hope we see more of them!

As for love interests, Seth is technically taken, and Dante is off in the wild blue yonder. So that leaves her with Roman. If they don't hook up, then I hope she gets back into her full Nancy Drew mode like in the early books and finds some big thang to distract her.

When's the next one due out?.

message 21: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) I just bought all 4 on amazon....lol

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Succubus Shadows is due out in April 2010

message 23: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments Yea if she and Seth attempt getting back together I am going to scream. It's just DONE!

Go Roman!!!

Did you feel bad for Dante? I felt a smidgeon bad. He's a dirtbag but he did the only thing he could (in his mind I don't agree with what he did at all. It was stupid.) to show her he loved her and would support her. All this while she's running around screwing Seth. ::rolls eyes::

I'm not sure but I get the feeling that Dante isn't coming back and if he does it won't be until the last few books.

Maybe it's good for Georgina to take a break from serious relationships for awhile and get back to her kick-ass former self.

message 24: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments I actually liked Dante. I don't agree with what he did either, but his reasons made me feel badly for him. And you're right, her two-timing him compounded my sympathy. I think for all his stupidity and his blackened soul, he did love her. It's too bad he keeps making the "evil" lesser choices in life.

I think it's hilarious that Roman tried to murder her and yet we're rooting for Georgina to get with him. Oh, the twisted worlds of Above and Below.

message 25: by Amelia (last edited Dec 14, 2009 03:47PM) (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments I know! Though he didn't try to kill her until after she had betrayed him and he thought she didn't love him. Still he was carzy wanting to kill Carter! Unacceptable! lol

I think it's pretty obvious Roman isn't going to kill her, he's under Jerome's binding not to, and I think he genuinely cares about her still. Gah! I just like him. lol

message 26: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments Amelia wrote: "I know! Though he didn't try to kill her until after she had betrayed him and he thought she didn't love him. Still he was carzy wanting to kill Carter! Unacceptable! lol

I think it's pretty obv..."

He best leave my Carter alone, gosh darn it...

I think she and Roman will bicker like children for awhile. I'm hoping to get a lot of laughs out of that!

:)

message 27: by Amelia (last edited Dec 14, 2009 03:47PM) (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments Oh for sure! I think her immortal friends will be in it more too. :)

message 28: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) I can't wait for Succubus Shadows :D

message 29: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (racheleb76) | 60 comments Finally finished this series, and I agree with everyone's comments. But I didn't actually hate Seth in the 4th book; the whole thing kind-of seemed pathetic to me. Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if he and Georgina actually had a chance. Characters cheat all the time in stories, and it doesn't seem so bad if they really are in love and end up together. (I don't know why that makes it seem more acceptable to me.) Anyway, there was really no point in them cheating in this story. They never had a future. It just ended up hurting everyone involved.

And why would she want to sleep with him anyway?! If he had the lack of decency to fool around with her friend, the least he should have done was quit coming to the bookstore and, like, move out of the state or something.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves Carter! He would be perfect for her, if not for the whole falling angel bit. What about Hugh? I really like him, too.

message 30: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments I like Hugh muchly, but I think of him more as the sometimes annoying brother or cousin who likes to convince you to do stuff for him because he's a lil chicken...

I don't know why.

message 31: by Shannon (last edited Feb 13, 2010 03:28PM) (new)

Shannon C. **spoilers**

After the third book when Seth cheated on Georgina with Maggie and then turned around and got engaged to Maggie, I can't stand him. I already am still upset over this, and think that it stinks that Georgina still carries a torch for him. If the last book ends up with them getting back together, that's just absurd.

As a side note, I like Carter too. Great character!

message 32: by Christie (new)

Christie (cibarra) Add me to Team Carter. He seems so invested in Georgina's life. I'd love to see them end up together.

message 33: by Amelia (last edited Feb 13, 2010 08:57PM) (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments I wish Carter could be Georgina's HEA but he can't without falling... which would make him a different person entirely.

Seth is pathetic, hypocritical, idiotic... I could go on.

If Seth and Georgina end up together I will punch 79784678046 babies in the face. Tread carefully Richelle Mead! All these infants' faces are at risk!

message 34: by Narnies (new)

Narnies Spoiler alert

Team Roman. I really liked him in the first book and was pretty gutted about what happened so in the last book I was all smiles when he came back. I've got my fingers crossed that he's the mystery man too, I do like a man that's dangerous and sexy yet ohsonice. *sigh*

I did think for awhile that Carter was going to be the mystery guy, that would have appealed as well, but I figure that really can't happen now. He sounds more like he's her fairy godmother. LOL.

Don't get me started on Seth. ARGH. I thought he was okay in the first book, pretty boring though, and from there he just got worse. Now he's in official douche territory. Really dislike that he proposed to Maggie, he doesn't even mean it, specially since he gave her a diamond and not a ruby. Stinkbum.

I'm not too sure about the sound of the next book, it's still got whatshisface in it, but here's hoping it's the book where he goes to hell and Georgina realises how awesome everything is without him.

message 35: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments SPOILER

Oh pfffffffffffffffft! The next book is going to be a total whinefest on Georgina's part. She's going to (most likely) risk everything to try and saves Seth's soul. Maggie is going to find out about them. Roman will save Gerogina's ass. Seth will treat her like shit. AND she and Seth will probably get together in the end (the most infuriating part).

message 36: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments SIGH.

message 37: by ♥Lynn ♥ (new)

♥Lynn ♥ I am currently read book 4. I did not read the post about because I did not want to find something about before I read it. I just wanted to say that this book is REALLY getting on my nerves. I had to walk away after 114 pages. I mean really, enough of Seth already. I am not sure I like Maddie, Doug is cooler. He only had like 2 lines in the last book. Sad. Stop acting like a 2 year old already! I think that Carter is going to be the one person she ends up with. I think soemthing is up with her contract and I think it has something to do with the Andrew (holy man she loved way back when). I think she can only have a child by a holy man. Sounds odd, I know but it is what I think/hope 4.

message 38: by Narnies (new)

Narnies Maddie's alright, she's just oblivious to things she shouldn't be.

Possible spoilers!!

If everything happens like Amelia predicts then I'm giving the books up. Screw Seth, let him burn already. I vote that she should just hide in a room with Roman for the whole book and do the nasty ^_^

message 39: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments I read the description and I foresee SO much more angst. Which will lead me to give up on the series too.

message 40: by Narnies (new)

Narnies Which sucks, because it'd really be quite easy to please us all. Boo!

message 41: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments **spoilers**

I just don't see mooning over a man who solves relationship problems by banging someone else. Backbone!! Get some!!

Sigh.

message 42: by Narnies (new)

Narnies I felt that sigh.

message 43: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments Damn skippy.

message 44: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments Michelle. Our brainwaves are totally in sync right now.

SPOILER

I say Seth is getting his just desserts by whoring it up. Let his soul rot. Who gives a hoot?! Not me. Not Michelle. Not 97598758973 of the other people that read the books.

I looooove that Carter theory ::sigh::
If it could only be true. :(

message 45: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments Rot rot rot!!

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Lynn, I love your theory! That would just rock!

Amelia, make it 97598758974, if you didn't count me in the 97598758973.

Seth = blah

It has to be Roman, just has to be!

message 47: by ♥Lynn ♥ (last edited Feb 16, 2010 10:32PM) (new)

♥Lynn ♥ Dear Seth,
You are in deep shit. You slept your way into a hole, but not one of pleasure. I use to like you, but not much now. You should stick to writing. It will be your fault if Amelia beats any man she comes across with the name Seth.

message 48: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments LOL, Lynn!

message 49: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 1011 comments LMAO

It's true Lynn! I don't even like that name anymore.

The Seth hateration has reached 97598758974!

message 50: by Christie (new)

Christie (cibarra) LOL Lynn! I love it :)

« previous 1