Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Incorrect Book Information

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessie (new)

Jessie (jesshallett12) | 1 comments I did a search of C.S. Lewis to locate The Chronicles of Narnia. However, I was extremly disappointed when I found that the wrong book number was placed beside the book titles in brackets. "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" was listed a Book 1, while "The Magicians Nephew" was listed as Book 6, among these others:

-The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - listed as b. 1
-Prince Caspian, book 2
- The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, book 3
- The Silver Chair, book 4
- The Horse and His Boy, book 5'
-The Magician's Nephew, book 6
- The Last Battle, book 7

While I am aware that this is the order in which the books were published, it is NOT the order in which the author wished them to be read, and NOR is it the order in which they are sold. This order reads:

1. The Magician's Nephew
2. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
3. The Horse and His Boy
4. Prince Caspian
5. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
6. The Silver Chair
7. The Last Battle

message 2: by Seizure Romero (new)

Seizure Romero | 11 comments It may not be the order in which they are sold now, but for years the order was per your first list. There are thousands upon thousands of paperback copies of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe with a "1" on the spine. Goodreads is simply reflecting the information found on the book itself.

Pictures:
http://www.amazon.com/Chronicles-Narn...

message 3: by Seizure Romero (new)

Seizure Romero | 11 comments This has nothing to do with Goodreads and everything to do with book publishers. The books were originally published (and sold) in one order and then in 1994 were rearranged and published (and sold) in a different order. The book/volume numbers changed as well.

While there may be some inaccurate data in the system, Goodreads is (or should be) simply reflecting the publishing information found in/on each book, depending upon when it was published.

See the following link for details:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronicl...

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45024 comments Mod
Goodreads is (or should be) simply reflecting the publishing information found in/on each book, depending upon when it was published.

Agreed. Although in this case that may be confusing, I don't think there's really a better option.