Janet Evanovich Book Group discussion

TODAY IS THE DAY...

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (Mandylou) | 6 comments Finally book 15 is out...

message 2: by Michelle B (new)

Michelle B (karenshell) | 3 comments i've already ordered my copy! have to wait til next week though to get it :(

message 3: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Bought mine this morning at Target. On Chapter 3.

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 25 comments I can't decide if I want to buy it today or wait till Sunday for the signing. :(

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 12 comments My neighbor and I went to Target to get our copies, and than had breakfast at McDonalds to celebrate. This is a summer tradition with us.

message 6: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (Mandylou) | 6 comments I love traditions! That's great Sarah. I too ordered mine online Michelle hope to have my copy by Friday of this week.. I thought~ I've waited this long for this book what's a few more days?

message 7: by Emily (new)

Emily So. I am almost done and it is great! I laughed so hard at one point I was crying and choked on a gummy bear. I am sad I only have about a few chapters left. :(

message 8: by Rosey (new)

Rosey Whiting (roseywhiting) | 15 comments Emily wrote: "So. I am almost done and it is great! I laughed so hard at one point I was crying and choked on a gummy bear. I am sad I only have about a few chapters left. :("

I bet I know what your talking about, and I literally got the giggles, I went through this so fast and now I am sad it's over. I bought all the books so I could reread them every now and then... sigh... now I'll have to find another book.

message 9: by Emily (new)

Emily Rosey wrote: "Emily wrote: "So. I am almost done and it is great! I laughed so hard at one point I was crying and choked on a gummy bear. I am sad I only have about a few chapters left. :("

I bet I know w..."

Try the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews. It is an Urban Fantasy series and gets pretty grusome at times, but the charcters are very well written. The female lead is great and she gets me laughing with her sarcastic wit. It is a very different genre so if you don't enjoy the paranormal stuff, I wouldn't try it, but I think it gives it quite an edge.

message 10: by Phyllis (new)

Phyllis | 15 comments Emily wrote: "So. I am almost done and it is great! I laughed so hard at one point I was crying and choked on a gummy bear. I am sad I only have about a few chapters left. :("

Is it out in paperback? How many pages?

message 11: by Rosey (new)

Rosey Whiting (roseywhiting) | 15 comments Emily wrote: "Rosey wrote: "Emily wrote: "So. I am almost done and it is great! I laughed so hard at one point I was crying and choked on a gummy bear. I am sad I only have about a few chapters left. :("

..."

I usually don't read paranormal stuff, but I read a series by Dean Koontz, (Odd Thomas was the book), and it was great. It had quite a bit of paranormal things in it, so I will check it out.

message 12: by Annie (new)

Annie (anhabella) | 14 comments Rosey wrote: "Emily wrote: "So. I am almost done and it is great! I laughed so hard at one point I was crying and choked on a gummy bear. I am sad I only have about a few chapters left. :("

I bet I know w..."

You can also try the Sophie Metroplis Series by Tori Carrington. It is very simular. Think Stephanie Plum crossed with My Big Fat Greek Wedding... It is hilarious. The Flower Shop Mysteries by Kate Collins is another good series. I just started the Scrapbook Series by Laura Childs and the Sookie Series by Charlaine Harris. Both are good. I am not all that into the Vampire theme so I have to take the Sookie series a little at a time, but the Scrapbook series is based in New Orleans and is quite funny. I will try to think of the others that I have tried recently and liked.

message 13: by Rosey (new)

Rosey Whiting (roseywhiting) | 15 comments Annie wrote: "Rosey wrote: "Emily wrote: "So. I am almost done and it is great! I laughed so hard at one point I was crying and choked on a gummy bear. I am sad I only have about a few chapters left. :("

..."

I appreciate it. I've been reading the same authors for a long time and now I'm running out of books from all the authors. I'll have to order the flower shop mysteries, my library is poorly stocked, and they seem very fun.

message 14: by Amy (new)

Amy | 25 comments Rosey wrote: "Annie wrote: "Rosey wrote: "Emily wrote: "So. I am almost done and it is great! I laughed so hard at one point I was crying and choked on a gummy bear. I am sad I only have about a few chapters ..."

I love Kate Collins books! Great reads.

message 15: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 223 comments Mod
Buying mine today! Can't wait!

message 16: by Jan (new)

Jan | 1 comments I just joined this group. This is my favorite author! While I was on vacation my mom had to go to the library to get a book. I went with her and we fought over who would read #15 first. I won! I read all day long because I was afraid she would "steal" it. It was great. Also, when 14 came out my mom and I went to her book signing. Janet is very nice and I have pictures with her and with her daughter.

message 17: by Meagen (new)

Meagen  (mfox) | 2 comments I did the same thing with #14! She is a very gracious woman and so kind! I told her I was writing my own book and she told me to email her any time with questions- I couldn't believe it! #15 was great- lots of Ranger! "Babe!" I'm a Morrelli girl myself, but I do love Ranger!