Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Amish Book Discussions > Any fans of the Kate Burkholder series by Linda Castillo?

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Maynes van brunt | 18 comments I love the Kate Burkholder series of books by Linda Castillo. Not your typical Amish Romance fiction for sure! But really good!

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 127 comments I love that series! I've read them all including the short story Long Lost.

message 3: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Maynes van brunt | 18 comments Me, too. Did you see the movie of the 1st book on Lifetime with Neve Campbell? It was really good!

message 4: by Julie (new)

Julie Kramer These are suspense stories at their finest, with just enough hope to offset the darkness.

message 5: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 1054 comments @Debbie: When was the movie aired? Do you know when it might be shown again? Despite having Lifetime, I was not aware of them doing a movie for Pray for Silence.

message 6: by Janie R. (new)

Janie  R. (janierfreeman) Certainly a Linda Castillo fan here.

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 127 comments I didn't know about the movie, but I would like to see it. I wonder if it's being replayed or on DVD?

message 8: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Maynes van brunt | 18 comments Melissa wrote: "I didn't know about the movie, but I would like to see it. I wonder if it's being replayed or on DVD?"

I was wondering myself. I will post if I find out anything.

message 9: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Maynes van brunt | 18 comments The Lifetime movie was Sworn to Silence and will air again on Jan 22 on the Lifetime Movie Network. It does not say what year though, as the movie was shown January 2013. I would watch the listings. There was an article that came out when the movie was airing this past January, that indicated it might become a TV series, but I have seen nothing regarding that since.

message 10: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Maynes van brunt | 18 comments Oops! The title of the Lifetime Movie is An Amish Murder, based upon Sworn to Silence.

message 11: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 127 comments I will have to check when it gets closer and set it up to tape. I really want to see it. Too bad if it's not going to be made into a series.

message 12: by Jeff (new)

Jeff | 1 comments I saw the movie when it first aired. I had Kate pictured all wrong. More like Kate Smith in my mind. I hav eread all published to date and all through me for a loop. Hard to say if I had a favorite. I learned a new term I had never heard before "Manure Management"!!!!!!

Jeff

message 13: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Maynes van brunt | 18 comments Jeff wrote: "I saw the movie when it first aired. I had Kate pictured all wrong. More like Kate Smith in my mind. I hav eread all published to date and all through me for a loop. Hard to say if I had a favorite..."

I can't wait for the next installment!

message 14: by Carrie (new)

Carrie | 1 comments I love this series!! I'm halfway through book three and I just DVR'd the movie!! I can't wait to watch it.

message 15: by Denise (new)

Denise | 1 comments I love love love those books. I can't wait for the next one. Did anyone read the short story that Linda wrote that is available on Kindle?

message 16: by Christa (new)

Christa | 1 comments It is one of my favorite series, and I enjoyed the movie too. I am so ready for the next installment!

message 17: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Maynes van brunt | 18 comments Carrie wrote: "I love this series!! I'm halfway through book three and I just DVR'd the movie!! I can't wait to watch it."

It is a good movie. I hope you enjoy it!

message 18: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Maynes van brunt | 18 comments Denise wrote: "I love love love those books. I can't wait for the next one. Did anyone read the short story that Linda wrote that is available on Kindle?"

I read the short story. I enjoyed it!

message 19: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Maynes van brunt | 18 comments Christa wrote: "It is one of my favorite series, and I enjoyed the movie too. I am so ready for the next installment!"

I think the next book comes out in the Spring.

message 20: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1286 comments Mod
I haven't read any of the series but they are on my list. If I read the short story first will it mess with the series?

message 21: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Maynes van brunt | 18 comments Not really. It uses the same characters in all of the books, so they have developed over time. The short story is good, but doesn't do the series justice.

message 22: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 127 comments I watched the Lifetime movie recently. I liked it and I thought it was very true to the book.

message 23: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Maynes van brunt | 18 comments Melissa wrote: "I watched the Lifetime movie recently. I liked it and I thought it was very true to the book."

Glad you enjoyed it! I hope they do a sequel!

message 24: by Rowena (new)

Rowena (rphilbeck) | 12 comments Oh I'm such a fan!!! I am waiting too for the new one to come out in the Spring. Yes, I did ready the short story on the Kindle. It was really good too!! Karen Harper is also a good author as well. Lots of twists and turns in her books too.

message 25: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Maynes van brunt | 18 comments Rowena wrote: "Oh I'm such a fan!!! I am waiting too for the new one to come out in the Spring. Yes, I did ready the short story on the Kindle. It was really good too!! Karen Harper is also a good author as well...."

Spring can't come soon enough!

message 26: by Rowena (new)

Rowena (rphilbeck) | 12 comments Debbie, Yes she is. I can't wait for the new book!! Its funny that I just happened to pick up one of the Amish books last year and I was hooked. Strange how that happens.

message 27: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1 comments I love reading Linda's books. She has a way of intriguing the readers

message 28: by Rowena (new)

Rowena Philbeck | 8 comments Yes she does!! Its funny you can't wait for the next book to be out..you read it fast…then wait for the next!!! Have a Great Weekend!