Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Goodreads Tips, etc. > MY BOOKS feedback needed

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresainohio) | 0 comments Goodreads is asking for feedback on my books. They are going to be changing it and want to know what the GR members want. You need to be a member of goodreads feedback to post suggestions. Posting here they won't see it.

Teresa

message 2: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8264 comments Teresa wrote: "Goodreads is asking for feedback on my books. They are going to be changing it and want to know what the GR members want. You need to be a member of goodreads feedback to post suggestions. Posting ..."

Teresa, what changes are you recommending?

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14990 comments Carol:
I asked that our page status be held if we moved a book from currently reading back to to-read. I hate that I lost the "note" to myself on my progress on The Book Thief. I think you lost your page count on The Yankee Years too. (I saw it on your status update and then when I clicked to the book, your status, like mine was gone when the book went back to the library.

I agreed with a suggestion that they update the sort options to help with different book shelves that we might like to sort, for example, by the order I want to read them on my to read shelf, the date read on my read shelf, or my current read shelf sorted by who knows? I also asked, though that might not be directly part of My Books that when you search for an edition it would be easier to find the audio books and not plow through multiple pages of the same titles in different languages.
And you'll love this one, Carol -- for status updates -- a way to keep up with the time listened to on audio books! :)
Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Teresa, what changes are you recommending? "

message 4: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresainohio) | 0 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Teresa wrote: "Goodreads is asking for feedback on my books. They are going to be changing it and want to know what the GR members want. You need to be a member of goodreads feedback to post sugges..."

I posted a long post over there,

I want a bar graph that slides instead of stars,

and different ways to do my shelves.

message 5: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8264 comments Ann wrote: "And you'll love this one, Carol -- for status updates -- a way to keep up with the time listened to on audio books! :) ..."

Yes, I would like a way of noting progress in books on disc, you are right! Good one!

And you are also right that I lost my page count when I put The Yankee Years on my newly created "To Finish Later" shelf. Good eye!

message 6: by Ann (new)

Good news! I moved the audio of The Book Thief back to my currently reading shelf and my atatus from when I was reading it last was retained!

Carol/Bonadie wrote: "And you are also right that I lost my page count when I put The Yankee Years on my newly created "To Finish Later" shelf. Good eye! "

message 7: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8264 comments Ann wrote: "Carol:
Good news! I moved the audio of The Book Thief back to my currently reading shelf and my atatus from when I was reading it last was retained!
"

Does that mean it was lost and then restored? Or that someone made the enhancement that you were requesting?

message 8: by Ann (new)

I think it means that what appeared to be lost (my page count status) was just hidden until the shelf was changed back to currently-reading, Nice! Goodreads contines to impress me.

Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Ann wrote: "Carol:
Good news! I moved the audio of The Book Thief back to my currently reading shelf and my atatus from when I was reading it last was retained! .......Does that mean it was lost and then restored? Or that someone made the enhancement that you were requesting? "