Everything Paranormal discussion

Off Topic > Looking for a good audiobook

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna (bookluvr_13) I just finished Twilight on audibook and I really liked it. Now I am looking for more paranormal audiobooks. Do you have any recommendations? I like to get my audiobooks from www.booksonboard.com and they have a good paranormal selection. If you are looking for a good price and a good selection, I would check this site out.

message 2: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~, The Restorer (new)

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 1227 comments Mod
Wow wish I could help but I don't listen to audiobooks.

message 3: by Michelle B (new)

Michelle B (karenshell) | 370 comments Mod
I've only listened to the stephanie plum audibook(which was funny), sorry i cant help.

message 4: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) Alex wrote: "I just finished Twilight on audibook and I really liked it. Now I am looking for more paranormal audiobooks. Do you have any recommendations? I like to get my audiobooks from www.booksonboard.com a..."

The Harry Dresden books by Jim Butcher on audio are great! I usually don't like audio books, but I make an exception for this series because they are so good. James Marsters, who played Spike on Buffy, is the reader and he's perfect for them.

message 5: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) I've only listened to a couple of audio books--and my results were about 40 percent I liked and 60 percent I disliked.

Warning on the Dresden books tho--do NOT expect Marsden to have Spike's accent. He uses his "regular North American" accent.

message 6: by Cathy (new)

Cathy  (cathygreytfriend) I have more sci-fi and traditional fantasy audio than paranormal, but feel free to browse my shelves. The Time Travelers Wife was wonderful in audio format, with and man and woman each reading their respective parts; it added so much to the story. The Merry Gentry books by Hamilton are well done, but can get a bit racey if you're listening in the car, might be distracting. I read that Pride and Prejudice and Zombies was well done as an audio, as well, it's on my TBR list. I'm listening to City of Bones now and I like it so far. The reader isn't terrible, but not great either. She doesn't feel like an actor, just someone reading reasonably well.

Also, I have seen other posts asking this as well, you might want to try searching a few of the other groups such as Urban Fantasy, SciFi and Fantasy Book Club, Paranormal Romance, and Witches. Weres, & Vamps, Oh MY! Good luck and let me know if you find anything that sounds good, I'm always looking for leads.

message 7: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) Ok, this isn't a PN, but I still think I'll pass on the warning--do NOT get the Janet Evanovich book Metro Girl as an audio book. The reader frankly SUCKS. She reads kind of in a mono-tone except when she says the words NASCAR guy then its kind of a deep gruff voice. And yeah, Janet DOES say that a LOT in the book. It was ok the first time (any variation in tone was welcomed) but after the 4th or 5th time? Not so much.