Nicholas Sparks Novels discussion

NS General discussions > Favorite Character(s)

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Doug (new)

Doug | 50 comments Mod
Brenna,

Great topic - but this is a really tough choice to make! :)Doug

message 2: by Doug (new)

Doug | 50 comments Mod
Brenna,

My problem is that I like all of the lead characters I have met in his books.

On the other hand, I like your choices - The Notebook is a great choice - I even liked the actors who played the leads in the movie. Oh, and Dear John - I can't say enough about the three main characters in that novel. Still, since "A Walk to Remember" was my first - I have to say the two leads in that novel have to be among my favorites. To think that the woman in that novel was based on Nicholas sparks' sister and the man on his brother-in-law. :)Doug

message 3: by Kendra (new)

Kendra (mrse1107) | 4 comments Hmm favorite characters?
Well, from the books I've read so far, I would also agree with the lead characters from The Notebook.
I chose them because they were just so endearing and they really brought me into their love affair.

message 4: by Karen & Gerard (new)

Karen & Gerard (wwwgoodreadscomprofilekzemek) | 4 comments I didn't read "The Notebook" but saw the movie and really liked the man.

I also liked Miles and Sarah in "A Bend in the Road" and the girl in "A Walk to Remember" but I can't remember her name.

message 5: by Doug (new)

Doug | 50 comments Mod
Karen,

Yes, James Gardner did very well acting the leading role as the man in "The Notebook" - I also thought Gena Rowlands was great as the woman - what a tough role to play.

Has "A Bend in the Road" been made into a movie? :)doug

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I have to say Miles from Bend in the Road and John from Dear John. I just both of these men, I think it that they both were so heart broken and I could really feel for them. I just wanted to jump into the book and comfort them.

message 7: by Doug (new)

Doug | 50 comments Mod
Michelle,

I love the idea of "I just wanted to jump into the book and comfort them." That is such a Wonderful thought! :)Doug

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura (ljeast29) | 1 comments I loved the lead character in The Wedding. I loved his transformation through the novel and the love he deeply felt for his wife.

message 9: by Doug (new)

Doug | 50 comments Mod
Laura,

Thank you for bringing up the Wonderful characters, and especially the husband, in the "The Wedding". That was such a great short novel. :)doug

message 10: by Vita (new)

Vita (Retro_Librarian) | 38 comments My favorite character, so far, is Noah Calhoun. You can't help but love him!

message 11: by Rickie (new)

Rickie Crandall (sidstia) | 8 comments Its got to be Taylor and Denise from the Rescue...by far my absolute favorites, I think I've reread them like six times already

message 12: by Allison (new)

Allison (allisonfn) | 31 comments I agree with Vita about Noah, but I've noticed that all the books I read, I fall in love with the main male characters. Noah (The Notebook), Landon (A Walk To Remember), John (Dear John), and Jeremy (True Believer/At First Sight). Jeremy is my favorite though!

message 13: by Brandie (new)

Brandie (brandiemichelle) It's hard to pick a favorite character because they are all so great. But I'm with everyone on Noah in the Notebook. Especially after seeing the movie and the role played by both men. It's hard not to adore them.

ps....is everyone excited to see Nights in Rodanthe?? I loved that book and can't wait till the movie comes out this fall. Starring Diane Lane & Richard Gere.

i wish they'd make a movie based on the guardian, bend in the road, and the rescue!

message 14: by Doug (new)

Doug | 50 comments Mod
Brandie,

It is very difficult to pick a favorite - the lead characters all bring so much to the novels - :)Doug

message 15: by Farzan (new)

Farzan (PersianGuy1983) | 86 comments Let me think about your topic ,I can say I really like Garet Blake's character , because his feelings to his wife is full of praise.

message 16: by Vita (new)

Vita (Retro_Librarian) | 38 comments I agree with Allison, I can't help but fall in love with the main character of each book I have read!

message 17: by Nouran (new)

Nouran Gamal (theRealnou) ALL of them starting from the dog in the guardian to the kids in safe haven, he just creates characters that are impossible not to love and i totally forget that they are fiction

message 18: by clk610 (new)

clk610 | 3 comments No doubt about it - NOAH.

message 19: by Kay (new)

Kay i love all character in nicholas's books!

message 20: by ambiekraftsreads (new)

ambiekraftsreads NOAH NOAH NOAH!!!
Oh to be married to him. How blessed Allie was.

message 21: by Kari Jennifer (new)

Kari Jennifer (karijennifer) | 5 comments Miles - Bend in the Road. I like him the best because he has such a compassionate heart.

message 22: by Denise (last edited Nov 11, 2011 05:39AM) (new)

Denise (deelilahbard) | 4 comments My favorite characters would be:
(In no particular order)
1. Denise Holton (The Rescue) - Probably because we have the same first name. Haha! But, other than that, of all the books I've read by Sparks, for me, I guess she was the one that was described as the almost-perfect-lady. I imagine her as the ideal partner of any man. She's kind, patient, a loving mother and partner, everything a woman wants is in her! :)

2. Jamie Sullivan (A Walk To Remember) - She was such a sweetheart. It was really tragic on what happened to her. But, her character was really inspiring.

3. Jeremy Marsh (True Believer) - The best parts of the book were when he looked for Lexie and when he went back for her. Such an amazing man. I haven't read "At First Sight" yet so I don't know what else is about him.

4. Steve Miller (The Last Song) - He was such a loving father. Of all the things that had happened to him, being the one accused of leaving his family, he was still there for her children and would always be there for them. A perfect man. A perfect father..

5. Savannah Curtis (Dear John)- I love her name. :) HAHA! LOL. But, Amanda Seyfried did a great job on the movie. :)

I love everyone though. :)

message 23: by Jessi (new)

Jessi | 13 comments Noah from the Notebook and Jamie from A Walk to Remember really stand out to me

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

i would have to say john (Dear John). his love story with Savannah was just timeless

message 25: by Lynne (new)

Lynne | 2 comments Allie & Noah ; Jane & Wilson

message 26: by Allison (new)

Allison Urban I love Julie from The Guardian and I like John & Savannah from Dear John. I hate hate hate Wilson from The Wedding.

message 27: by Allison (new)

Allison Urban Oh, I forgot about Thibault from The Lucky One. He's awesome! He's just an amazing man, and one of my heroes. He has inspired my older brother to go into the U.S. marines! I love Logan Thibault...

message 28: by Denise (new)

Denise (deelilahbard) | 4 comments I just finished reading Safe Haven and I have to say that, Katie is now one of my favorite characters. :)

message 29: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic (beatricemasalunga) I like Landon. :)

message 30: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (kgrobo83) | 2 comments Allie from "The Notebook" is my favorite. It's because of what she overcomes to be with Noah. Her parents didn't agree with their relationship as mine have acted about my relationship and I am now married to him and he is the love of my life. He is an amazing man just like Noah. It's hard to overcome a family who doesn't like a man that you are with and give up things just to be with him. I feel that Noah did something special by telling her it was over because giving up your family is rough. Takes a real man to do something like that. I just think all in all that book is amazing and Allie is my favorite of all time! Well, of course, with Noah coming in close second =-)

message 31: by Christina rae (new)

Christina rae (chrisyraejay) | 23 comments Noah Calhoun
Jamie Sullivan and Landon Carter
Paul and Adrienne

and the one based on his brother "The Choice"

message 32: by Nancy (new)

Nancy I like some of you have enjoyed all the lead males in the various Sparks novels I've read. Noah & Landon are my favorites though.

message 33: by Salama R 140A501 (new)

Salama R 140A501 | 11 comments Will and Ronnie - The Last Song

message 34: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne Miles from A Bend in the Road.

message 35: by Aishee (new)

Aishee | 6 comments Travis and Gabby from The Choice,Landon from A Walk To Remember and Jeremy from True Believer and At First Sight

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

mmmmmmm hard, i really like Travis and how he's so gentle but if u havent noticed all the guys he writes about have the same concept in each one but i like Travis- The Choice, I really was okay with Will - The last song- but for some reason i didnt like him as much as i did Travis and Logan- The lucky One

message 37: by Salama R 140A501 (new)

Salama R 140A501 | 11 comments I liked London from A walk to remember

message 38: by Aishee (new)

Aishee | 6 comments I like Miles too. He's different from other Nicholas Sparks characters
P.s. quite charming too

message 39: by Salama R 140A501 (new)

Salama R 140A501 | 11 comments My favorite characters now are Jamie and London from A Walk To Remember.

message 40: by Bruna (new)

Bruna Linhares (brunalinhares) | 2 comments My favorite is Travis from The Choice

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Ally and Noah

message 42: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Bowes | 7 comments Alex and Katie

message 43: by Melissa (new)

Melissa M  | 6 comments Ally and Noah

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Noah, Logan Thibault, Colin Hancock