fiction files redux discussion

bradbury fights the good fight!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonathan, the skipper (new)

Jonathan | 609 comments Mod
. . .patrick the librarian sent me this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/20/us/...

message 2: by Michael, the Olddad (new)

Michael (olddad) | 255 comments Mod
Great article ("“I don’t believe in colleges and universities. I believe in libraries..."), and GREAT opening photo. Thanks for sharing Newpops!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I wonder if Bradbury is using his influence to make sure that the library keeps books on the shelves, rather than selling them to make room for more DVDs. (My local library has sold two hardback editions of Rabelais that I donated; I guess there was a greater need for another Adam Sandler comedy.)

Oh ... I see Bradbury is being Mr. Cranky Pants again... despises the Internet. Well, not all of us were fortunate to live during the golden age of Weird Tales.

Helpful info about where to find Bradbury if anyone wants to stalk him. I'd like to go sneer at him and tell him that as a writer he peaked during the '50s ... and then ask him to autograph my copy of The October Country.

message 4: by Martha (new)

Martha Kate | 198 comments He may hate the Internet, but Mr. Bradbury was happy to charge my company nearly ten grand for web rights to use one of his pieces on a state test. Ah well, I'd still read Dandelion Wine any day of the week