Debate discussion

140 views
Swearing regulations in the group

Comments Showing 1-50 of 101 (101 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 6408 comments Okay,

So i had banned swearing recently, except for in the non debating discussions, expecting that everyone would cooperate, and that those who didn't would simply leave. Unfortunately for me, this did not happen, and in turn i have the BIGGEST HEADACHE EVER. Davis, you are driving me insane.

I SHOULD ban you, but to be honest i dont have the heart to do it, which is strange seeing as you have no problem spamming the group and calling me a prude satan sucker.

So, to relieve the throbbing in my head, i am letting up the swearing ban, and putting on new regulations.



1. Swearing is allowed in the group at an absolute minimum, with the exception of the non-debating discussions.

2. In cases of excessive swearing, a three strike system will be enforced (again).

3. If you dont like this system, leave now please, because i am so ready to shoot someone in the face.



message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyamazingxx) | 2237 comments Hey Chan why'd you delete that entire topic of which we were still talking???


message 3: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 6408 comments Because i was done ranting, and didn't want someone to read it and start a fuss. You were right.
:P


message 4: by Koe (new)

Koe | 222 comments That thread of curse words was going to be so much fun though. I had some cockney slang all ready to go.


message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyamazingxx) | 2237 comments Okey dokey and I know I'm right :) I'm often right about a lot of things lol basic life knowledge and I'm the perfect advice giver :D


message 6: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 6408 comments Koe wrote: "That thread of curse words was going to be so much fun though. I had some cockney slang all ready to go."

Haha, sorry Koe, but you can make a whole topic for the cockney slang if you want :)

Thanks Em :)


message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 7365 comments Mod
Because some people here (you know who you are) don't like it.


message 8: by Jayda (new)

Jayda I am one of those people and I will gladly and proudly admit it.


message 9: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 3837 comments Jayda wrote: "I am one of those people and I will gladly and proudly admit it."

Fucking prude.


message 10: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Glad to know it :)


message 11: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 3837 comments That is yet another disgusting thing about you.


message 12: by Jayda (new)

Jayda So, you think my beliefs and that I stand up for them is disgusting? I think that's a little sad.


message 13: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 3837 comments Jayda wrote: "So, you think my beliefs and that I stand up for them is disgusting? I think that's a little sad."

I think that one of your beliefs is anti-swearing is disgusting. Freedom of Speech much?


message 14: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Sure, freedom of speech is a great thing. But swearing gets out of hand and very offensive, in case you didn't know?


message 15: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 3837 comments Why would it be offensive?


message 16: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Because, no matter if I make the words offensive in my mind, they're still offensive. And it's not just my opinion. Many people feel this way. And many people feel the way you do. It just depends on who you're talking to.

And calling me the C word didn't at ALL seem sexist -sarcasm-


message 17: by Davis (last edited Jul 04, 2009 10:41AM) (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 3837 comments Well, the first amendment protects me, not you. Sorry.

(In this situation)


message 18: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments true. we all have the right to use all the foul language we want.


message 19: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 6408 comments Lauren wrote: "Because some people here (you know who you are) don't like it. "

..... bitchy.


message 20: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 6408 comments Alice wrote: "why cant we swear? shouldnt we choose if we want to use bad words, and risk getting banned? i am sorry, but im going to swear if i feel it nessisary."

You CAN swear. It's not banned, i just want you to keep it to a minimum. Say what you want, but dont go on a swearing rampage please!! In the non debating topics there are zero swearing regulations, and you can swear your head off. Just in debates, use swearing minimally please!!


message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

but why!?!??!


message 22: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 6408 comments Because those have been the rules even since i got here :P (i wasn't the original mod btw, and i got banned three times for swearing lol)

It's just so that we can keep the debates orderly and all that jazz. You can swear, understand that, but at a minimum please!! The rules are:

-Be civil, dont insult people when debating.
-Keep swearing to a minimum
-Cite your sources.

Thats it! You can swear, i would just rather that you didn't go all out using every swear you can think of :P

Ps, and i kind of suck as a mod, so even if you do break all the rules, i most likely wont have the heart to delete you. Davis is proof of that lol.



message 23: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 3837 comments <3 you hahahha


message 24: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments lol


message 25: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 6408 comments Lolz, see, Serena? My threats are empty lol


message 26: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 322 comments In a way, swearing is a good way to enhance your point of view. It sort of makes what your saying a little stronger. Does anyone agree?


message 27: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 6408 comments I agree with that, and the only swear fords that i would like if you dont use excessively are Fuck, shit Bitch. Cock dick and Cunt. Hell damn and everything else is fine by me.


message 28: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 322 comments Don't worry, i think they're suitable occasionally but i don't actually swear. :)


message 29: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments me neither. i never use cusswords in real life.


message 30: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 322 comments It's actually surprising that i don't swear because every single person in my family (including the toddlers) swear, except my little sis. It's sad really but my mum doesn't even realize she does it.


message 31: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments :)


message 32: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 6408 comments Liz wrote: "me neither. i never use cusswords in real life. "

I'm like a sailor in real life. Its not my fault though. I'm from brooklyn. We prtty much invented the word Fuck.


message 33: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments lol. i am from the west, idk what to say next.

lol


message 34: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 6408 comments xD


message 35: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments :)


message 36: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 6408 comments I've never been to the west coast!


message 37: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments no way!


message 38: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 6408 comments I know its sad :( I've never even been Midwest. I've only gone across the atlantic and to canada :P


message 39: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments i haven't been to the midwest either. it is sad. :(


message 40: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 5270 comments No one ever comes to my region? Rawr...sadicalz


message 41: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments where is your region?


message 42: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 6408 comments Chicago rite??


message 43: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments i was in anaheim and la about 2 weeks ago :)- i live in washington


message 44: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 6408 comments i has no idea where Anheim is :)


message 45: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments disneyland


message 46: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 6408 comments Oh shweet!


message 47: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 5270 comments Chandani wrote: "Chicago rite??"

Yep!



message 48: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 6408 comments Chicago's Like NY's cousin


message 49: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments :) it was shweet


message 50: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 6408 comments i love sayign shweet. Its so cool.


« previous 1 3
back to top