Jon and Kate Plus 8 discussion

Divorce > Respecting Their Decision

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie here, y dont we discuss what we think of their decision?

and btw, i think our group name should b Jon and Kate Plus 8 Remembrance.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I think the decision was good, it's sad, but why be together in a bad relationship and be unhappy? This isn't the best result for the viewers and the children but I wish them the best.

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie yes, i agree. i am rly sad about them, but they needed 2 b apart. i was thinking temporary, but if this is how it turned out, fine.
i guess im gonna b watchin 18 kids and counting more!

message 4: by Gabby (new)

Gabby R. | 82 comments I know this is the best decision. Why create a life for the camera? I'd rather know everyone is happy as a human being. I believe Jon and Kate will slip out of their marraige easily, as opposed to the fighting that would have happened if they had forced themselves to stay together for the fans. If my family had a hit TV series and my parents divorced because of it, I would be upset. But I would hope the fans didn't make a commotion about it. As impossible as this will be, I would want to go to school and face my friends as a friend, not somebody who is popular because the kids think being my friend would get them on TV.

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmascout) I respect their decision very much, yes I am sad that my faveourite T.V. show may be going away(Kate said she wanted to continue even if she and Jon got a divorce) But they're human beings! So whatever they need to do, they just got to do.
Who here would watch if the show turned into Kate Plus 8? I think I would.

message 6: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Maybe I would if I could get a old of it. hulu.com doesn't keep much up.

message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmascout) Yeah. Too bad you're not allowed on youtube-there are TONS of people who post every episode.

message 8: by Gabby (new)

Gabby R. | 82 comments I might still watch it. It depends on the interviews. If Kate was badmouthing Jon and saying not-so-nice things, I would be done.

message 9: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmascout) Gabby wrote: "I might still watch it. It depends on the interviews. If Kate was badmouthing Jon and saying not-so-nice things, I would be done.
"

I don't think Kate would do that!
I think deep down they still love each other somewhat.

message 10: by Meredith (new)

Meredith I know. But, my Mom is very uncomfortable with all the crap on there.

message 11: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmascout) Meredith wrote: "I know. But, my Mom is very uncomfortable with all the crap on there."

Yeah. So was my Mom, but I hardly ever go on Youtube-just to watch stuff my friends recomend.

And to watch Anime!

message 12: by Meredith (new)

Meredith I don't think she would.

message 13: by Gabby (new)

Gabby R. | 82 comments Deep down they still do. But she has done some terrible things lately. Not everyone can be perfect. There is no such thing as a perfect person, much less a perfect celebrity.

message 14: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmascout) Name one thing.
And ponder this before you write down where you got it.

If it's a magazine-it's crap.

message 15: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Just because a person is a celebrity doesn't mean they are worse morally than any other person. Yes, there are some messed up celebrities, but there are some messed up none celebrities.

message 16: by Gabby (new)

Gabby R. | 82 comments That's what I said...

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

The decision was a good one. It was better for both of them and the kids.

message 18: by Meredith (new)

Meredith I don't really know what to think. It's unhealthy for kids to have ever fighting parents. But, it will be hard on the kids.

message 19: by Josie (new)

Josie | 4 comments I am so disappointed in Jon and Kate. They didnt even try to work things out and they should have stop the show. I feel sorry for the kids! What they going to think about this or how they feel about it? All my prayers are for the kids. Jon and kate are making a big mistake and their kids are paying for it.

message 20: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmascout) The thing they become friends-that would be good for the kids.

Oh and heard Jon wrong he said he DIDN'T cheat on Kate.

So now, since the episode aired I think it's Kate plus 8. And sometimes Jon

message 21: by Katie (new)

Katie i feel vry sry 4 the kids. i know lots of ppl w/ divorced parents, and it seems hard. "kate plus 8"-it sounds vry empty......

message 22: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Yes, empty. That's the word I was looking for. Thank you iluvcatz!

message 23: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmascout) ..Empty-it's makes me want to cry just refering that word to their family.

They were always saying how FULL of LOVE their house was..

message 24: by Katie (new)

Katie Yes, full of love!
ANd even tho i heard some of u dont like the Duggars, i though they would have more of a chance for divorce. But somehow they stay together. Jon and Kate didn't try hard enuff.

message 25: by Gabby (new)

Gabby R. | 82 comments The Duggars are still nowhere close to a divorce. I don't know what it is, but there is so much love/peace in that house. I know Jon and Kate had no control over this, but I think it's the spacing between the ages.

message 26: by Josie (new)

Josie | 4 comments I think they didnt talk togather or made time for theirselves! The duggars are big family, but the parents make time for theirselves and talk togather. Jon and kate could have made it if they didnt to the show I think. Frame get to them!

message 27: by Gabby (new)

Gabby R. | 82 comments I think it's both of those things. If Jon and Kate had had a few older kids, they maybe could have had them watch the younger ones for a short period of time each day to sort everything out.

message 28: by Emma (last edited Jun 27, 2009 05:38AM) (new)

Emma (emmascout) What Kate said is Jon wouldn't talk to her. This is what JON wanted, it's not what Kate wants..

The thing that stuck out to me on the lastest episode(when they annouced the divorce) Was what Kate said, she told her viewers: "I don't want to be alone."
That really stuck out in my mind. It made me cry, because-I don't want her to do this alone either.

message 29: by Meredith (new)

Meredith She shouldn't be alone!!!! I feel so sorry for them.

message 30: by Gabby (new)

Gabby R. | 82 comments Trust me, this is what Kate wanted as well. The marriage was not working out for either one of them. She said she didn't want to do it alone. That doesn't mean she wants to do it with Jon.

message 31: by Meredith (new)

Meredith That's true.... Do you think she will get remarried?!?!?! I don't think that would be a good idea!!!! :(

message 32: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmascout) I would like them to at least be friends.

Oh and Meredith something that popped into my mind. When you're home schooled do you get a full summer vacation?

message 33: by Katie (new)

Katie True....It's mostly all Jon's fault.....well not really. Well it's his fault for making Kate sad. The only other people that would make her sad is papparazzis (sp?). I don't think she'll get remarried.

message 34: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Emma, Blagghhh! I hate math and didn't do enough of it this year so my mom is making me do two days of it a week. I'm actually getting of easy. So yes, if I had not been a lazy bum I would get a full summer vacation. It's just my fault. I feel so bad for them and there crazy paparazzi. *Sigghhhh*

message 35: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmascout) Yeah DARN YOU PAPPARAZI!!!

And I hate math too Mer. I'm going to call you that! Mer..do people ever call you Mer?

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

I love math!

message 37: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmascout) I just it hard..and annoying..and stupid..
Teehee.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, sometimes it can be hard.

message 39: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Emma I am completely with you! Math stinks!!!!! And yeah, people call Mer all the time!!! I personally really like the nickname and would enjoy it if you called me that.

message 40: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmascout) Sweet! :)

message 41: by Meredith (new)

Meredith BUT, what is my nickname for YOU??? :) Payback time!

message 42: by Katie (new)

Katie i hate math!

message 43: by Meredith (new)

Meredith AGREED!!!!! Sorry Aliyah :(/:)

message 44: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmascout) Meredith wrote: "BUT, what is my nickname for YOU??? :) Payback time!"

*stares around nervously*
Ummm..something not embarassing!
:P

message 45: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Hmmmmm. It'll come, don't worry :) *grins evilly*

message 46: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmascout) Heh..heh...ooh :(

:D

message 47: by Meredith (new)

Meredith :) I'm still thinking.......

message 48: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmascout) *eye twitches*

message 49: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Check your inbox

message 50: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Emmie, that is your new name appointed by Meredith Grace _________. This is what I will call you unless the need arises for another name ;) Just kidding!

« previous 1