Haruki Murakami fans discussion

118 views
Murakami and Music > Music of Random House Site

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Randall (new)

Randall | 10 comments ..what is this music on Murakami's site

http://www.randomhouse.com/features/m...


message 2: by Katie (new)

Katie | 2 comments you can actually find it on itunes. the guy who maintains the site created the music i think.


message 3: by Lewis (new)

Lewis (theterminalbeach) Indeed you can, the music was created by Jefferson Rabb.


message 4: by Randall (new)

Randall | 10 comments ...thanks Katie and Archimboldi, inspired a search you both did and I found Jefferson Rabb on the lastfm site, is interesting....




message 5: by Katie (new)

Katie | 2 comments That's awesome. I'll have to check that out as well.


message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I made a playlist with some of the music from the Murakami books on Spotify, for those of you who have access to that service. http://open.spotify.com/user/stono/pl...


message 7: by Booktunes (last edited Sep 15, 2010 08:36AM) (new)

Booktunes | 1 comments Actually we are working on a website about books and music. It's all pretty new so we are busy building a database, doing interviews and promoting the thing.

Some Murakami novels already on it... if anybody wants to contribute let me know.

http://www.booktunes.net/writer/11658...

All welcome!

Erik


message 8: by Nick (new)

Nick G | 45 comments Kristian wrote: "I made a playlist with some of the music from the Murakami books on Spotify, for those of you who have access to that service. http://open.spotify.com/user/stono/pl..."

Could you possibly post the names of the songs from your playlist here? Cant yet get the site in the US apparently.


message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Booktunes wrote: "Actually we are working on a website about books and music. It's all pretty new so we are busy building a database, doing interviews and promoting the thing.

Some Murakami novels already on it......"


That's a great idea!


message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Nick wrote: "Kristian wrote: "I made a playlist with some of the music from the Murakami books on Spotify, for those of you who have access to that service. http://open.spotify.com/user/stono/pl......"

Yeah, sorry about that. You might want to try www.grooveshark.com instead. Spotify has no Beatles and almost no Dylan, so it's lacking a lot of songs. Grooveshark would have all those. I might do a playlist there instead. In any case, these are the songs I could find on Spotify:

The Beach Boys - Surfer Girl
Blood, Sweat & Tears - Spinning Wheel
Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
Ray Charles - Georgia on my Mind
Cream - Crossroads
Cream - White Room
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary
The Doors - Light My Fire
The Doors - People Are Strange
The Drifters - Up on the Roof
Bob Dylan - Like a Rolling Stone
Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through the Grapevine
Laura Nyro - Wedding Bell Blues
Peter and Gordon - I Go to Pieces
Prince - Little Red Corvette
Otis Redding - Sitting on the Dock of the Bay
The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash
Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
Three Dog Night - Mama Told Me Not to Come
Talking Heads - Burning Down the House
Burt Bacharach - Close to You
Burt Bacharach - Walk on By
Nat King Cole - Pretend
John Coltrane - My Favorite Things
Miles Davis - Bags' Groove
Miles Davis - Airegin
Duke Ellington - Sophisticated Lady
Duke Ellington - The Star-Crossed Lovers
Bill Evans - Waltz for Debbie
Woody Herman - Early Autumn
Herman Upfeld - As Time Goes By
Thelonious Monk - Honeysuckle Rose
Frank Sinatra - Night and Day
Roger Williams - Autumn Leaves
Bille Holiday & Lester Young - I Can't Get Started


message 11: by Nick (new)

Nick G | 45 comments Kristian wrote: "Nick wrote: "Kristian wrote: "I made a playlist with some of the music from the Murakami books on Spotify, for those of you who have access to that service. http://open.spotify.com/user/stono/playl..."

Thanks Kristian!


back to top