Movies We've Just Watched discussion

Dramas > Last Chance Harvey

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by oi ling (new)

oi ling | 23 comments I enjoyed watching this love story between two people in their 50s and 70s. Gradually, these two characters start to rebuild themselves to a hopeful finish.

It was a treat to watch two of my favorite character actors--Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson--play characters closer to themselves (and what the audience is).

message 2: by Jim (last edited Jun 21, 2009 04:01AM) (new)

Jim (jim_) I thoroughly enjoyed that movie. It was a pleasant surprise as I didn't know much about it, having missed by awarenss radar. Unlinke most Romance Comedieis, the film established characters early-on instead of using slapstick gimmicks. There were some great dialogue in that film; the kind that you rarely see in modern film. I would look forward to another Hoffman-Thompson film.

message 3: by Maryanne (new)

Maryanne Raphael (maryanneraphael) | 250 comments I enjoyed Last Chance Harvey so much I watched it the next day with a friend who had not seen it. Liked it jujst as much the second time around Maryanne

message 4: by BumbleBrie (new)

BumbleBrie Bourn (blktoast) | 13 comments I rented it yesterday, and I liked it so much that I will keep in in my DVD player for days... Emma and Dustin (I like them so much that we're now on a First-Name Basis ;) ) are top-notch. Right on!