Morning Coffee Group discussion

Water for Elephants

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joey (new)

Joey (joeyfoto) | 187 comments Mod
anyone read this book? It looked pretty interesting and got rave reviews, was wondering if anyone had any feedback about it without posting spoilers..thanks!

message 2: by Bree (new)

Bree (coffeebeanbookshelf) I just read it a month or so ago, it's one of my absolute favorite books! It was really interesting how it goes back and forth between the main character as a crotchety old man in a nursing home and to the 23 year old version of himself on the circus. The things that went on behind the scenes of the circus were really intriguing to me...

It's just a really good read, I think everyone needs to read it!

message 3: by Cecilia (new)

Cecilia (cissygold) This was a great book. It has one of the best endings of any book I have ever read.

You will love it!

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy A really interesting book. Great characters.

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (wildhoney) Great feedback! This has been on my "to read" list for a while.

message 6: by Sara (new)

Sara | 65 comments Mod
I haven't read this book, though I have picked it up a number of times and looked at it and then for some reason or another something else caught my eye and it always ends up back on the bookshelf.

But, that's not really my point...

I read the book description and a few reviews online and it seems for those people that liked this book that you guys would also like a book called "Geek Love" By Katherine Dunn.

It's amazing and one of my all time favorites...now that I'm talking about it, I may have to go read it AGAIN! Seriously, go check it out.

message 7: by Joey (new)

Joey (joeyfoto) | 187 comments Mod
I really want to read this book, I will have to nominate it next time!