Movies We've Just Watched discussion

Shoot Em Up

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colleen (new)

Colleen | 8 comments I saw this last night. At first, I was disgusted by all the blood and guts and completely unecessary violence. As I think about it more and more, it's growing on me. Is the director emphasizing the blood, and turning it into a joke? Is that why the writing and fight scenes are so over the top? What did other people think about it?

Paul Giamati's character was interesting... he always brings a strange, unique vibe to his films. If you can consider this a film, rather than a flic.

message 2: by Paul (last edited Feb 13, 2008 06:51AM) (new)

Paul Duncan (jpaulduncan) | 68 comments I think it was a play on the genre of pretty much all the stylin' every-man who doesn't fold under pressure, is a perfect marksman, is loved by all women, knows True Evil and vanquishes it with flair, and always wins in the end.

You know, like me.

And James Bond and John McClaine (Die Hard), etc.

I found the movie insanely entertaining.

message 3: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 118 comments I think that it was supposed to be unrealistic. It was so over the top that you had to laugh. My husband and I like action movies and this one satisfied us entirely.

There is another movie out there that is over the top like this movie. It is called "Crank". It has alot of the same elements that "Shoot'em Up" did.