Goodreads Feedback discussion

Bugs > Update Feed Issues

Comments (showing 1-50 of 177) (177 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by mark (new)

mark monday (happyendoftheworid) | 71 comments I have a review that is updating automatically on my feed and I haven't edited it. It has happened three times in the last 20 minutes. and it's getting a little embarrassing! apparently this has happened to at least one other user as well, which is why I'm posting this here rather than just sending an email to GR staff.

also, none of my comments are going to my update feed, even if I check "Add to my Update Feed"

message 2: by mark (new)

mark monday (happyendoftheworid) | 71 comments although, oddly enough, the comment above actually went to my update feed. maybe it is just a problem I am having with my comments on review threads.

message 3: by Jason (new)

Jason (ancatdubh2) | 107 comments You people (not including mark monday) are so cute in your ineptitude. The "comments not going to feed" has been an ongoing issue for months and I think it's past the point of being annoying. It has now entered "Goodreads is fucking retarded" mode.

Now suddenly random reviews of mine are being spontaneously floated. Seriously, don't you have to try to be this incompetent? Why does it seem to come so naturally to Goodreads?

message 4: by Jason (new)

Jason (ancatdubh2) | 107 comments mark wrote: "although, oddly enough, the comment above actually went to my update feed. maybe it is just a problem I am having with my comments on review threads."

Group comments and status comments are fine; it is only review comments that won't post to feed.

My favorite is when SECRET GROUP comments were going to feed. This website is amazing.

message 5: by mark (new)

mark monday (happyendoftheworid) | 71 comments THERE ARE SECRET GROUPS ON GOODREADS, WHAT? clearly that should be against the TOS.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) | 331 comments I just checked and one of my reviews re posted 25 minutes ago when I hadn't touched the thing.

Please fix this before people think we're spamming on purpose. :(

message 7: by Steph (new)

Steph Sinclair (Stephaniesinclair) | 272 comments A bunch of my reviews have been floated without me doing it too.

Also, my account has been rating books on it's own:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) | 331 comments Just clicked to my profile and it posted again 0 minutes ago.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) | 331 comments And I checked my profile again. Another, different review re posted on its own without me touching it.

Both are reviews that were on my profile. Is that a common factor for others?

message 10: by Caroline (new)

Caroline  (Caro7) | 51 comments Yeah, my feed is clogged with TONS of old reviews from friends and people I follow. This is out of control.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) | 331 comments Never mind. Just had two reviews post from my favorites shelf and those weren't on my profile.

If this is happening site wide, that's a huge problem.

Get the night tech in, stat. :p

message 12: by Emily, Director of Customer Care (new)

Emily | 2115 comments Mod
I can get someone to look at this - sounds painful!

I'm not seeing this on my profile or feed, so it would be helpful to know exactly where you're seeing this. Stacia, sounds like your OWN reviews are showing up I your profile? Others, you're only seeing old reviews in your updates feeds?

Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder* (ErinPaperbackstash) | 2045 comments I just checked my feed to see what everyone means. On the top are three weird reviews - two from Nov 2011 and one from Feb 2010. Hm. What's it from? Some are low rated but some are five stars

message 14: by Linette (new)

Linette | 18 comments I'm seeing old reviews that friends posted months ago suddenly showing up in my news feed, repeatedly.

message 15: by Caroline (last edited Dec 03, 2013 07:00PM) (new)

Caroline  (Caro7) | 51 comments Linette wrote: "I'm seeing old reviews that friends posted months ago suddenly showing up in my news feed, repeatedly."

Same, except not repeatedly. The reviews are from as far back as 2009, and the most recent comments on them are also from as far back. I am not seeing my own reviews, although I just got a like on one of my old reviews, so I'm wondering whether a friend just now saw it in her feed.

message 16: by Ash Wednesday (last edited Dec 03, 2013 07:05PM) (new)

Ash Wednesday (AshWednesdayLee) | 19 comments Emily wrote: "I can get someone to look at this - sounds painful!

I'm not seeing this on my profile or feed, so it would be helpful to know exactly where you're seeing this. Stacia, sounds like your OWN reviews..."

A friend and I did a test, she liked an old review of mine and it turned up on my friends' feeds AND my profile page. I think the old reviews get "re-posted" when someone's liking that particular review so it turns up on my friends' feeds as if I'm reposting the review. Can anyone confirm if this is what happens to them? Do the reviews that get reposted get liked before it gets actually reposted?

message 17: by Caroline (last edited Dec 03, 2013 07:03PM) (new)

Caroline  (Caro7) | 51 comments Ash Wednesday wrote: "A friend and I did a test, she liked an old review of mine and it turned up on my profile page. I think the old reviews get "re-posted" when someone's liking that particular review so it turns up o..."

You're right! The "like" I just got sent my review of The Night Circus onto my profile and, I assume, to the feed. Ugh.

message 18: by Steph (new)

Steph Sinclair (Stephaniesinclair) | 272 comments Emily wrote: "I can get someone to look at this - sounds painful!

I'm not seeing this on my profile or feed, so it would be helpful to know exactly where you're seeing this. Stacia, sounds like your OWN reviews..."

I'm seeing old reviews of my friends in my feed and on my profile page. And my account is rating books without me doing so.

message 19: by Wendy Darling (new)

Wendy Darling (wendydarling) | 151 comments I'm having the same issue. Reviews for The Selection, Halo, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell are among the ones that reposted this evening for some reason.

message 20: by Steph (new)

Steph Sinclair (Stephaniesinclair) | 272 comments And there goes my Fifty Shades review from months ago...

message 21: by Wendy Darling (new)

Wendy Darling (wendydarling) | 151 comments PS--people have been liking those reviews as well, but I have no idea whether the likes came first or the reposted reviews.

message 22: by Ash Wednesday (new)

Ash Wednesday (AshWednesdayLee) | 19 comments Someone else liked that old review and it went back on top of my profile page... so I guess its posting on my friends' feeds o.O

message 23: by mark (new)

mark monday (happyendoftheworid) | 71 comments problem is definitely still happening. two reviews I wrote for Twilight & Snowballin: I Fucked Frosty in 2010 & 2012 are now on my update feed, as if I just edited them. I should probably be ashamed but I don't know what shame is. I'll just delete them from my update feed and see what happens.

message 24: by mark (new)

mark monday (happyendoftheworid) | 71 comments and now my review for Divergent. I sure wish this bug would pick reviews for books that I actually liked.

message 25: by Caroline (new)

Caroline  (Caro7) | 51 comments mark wrote: "I sure wish this bug would pick reviews for books that I actually liked."

Ha. Well, I'm just glad it chose a review I actually took decent time to craft, even if it was for a book I rated 1/2 star.

message 26: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Dec 03, 2013 07:24PM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) I'm seeing other members' reviews repeating in the feed (not my own reviews).

message 27: by Caroline (new)

Caroline  (Caro7) | 51 comments Ash Wednesday wrote: "A friend and I did a test, she liked an old review of mine and it turned up on my profile page. I think the old reviews get "re-posted" when someone's liking that particular review so it turns up o..."

You're right! The "like" I just got sent my review of The Night Circus onto my profile and, I assume, to the feed. Ugh."

Wait. Scratch that. Review for Gone Girl got re-posted without having gotten "liked" first.

WTH

message 28: by Caroline (new)

Caroline  (Caro7) | 51 comments D.A. - one last team challenge ☺ - wrote: "I'm seeing other members reviews repeating in the feed (not my own reviews)."

Have you checked your profile page? That's the only way I'm finding out about mine.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) | 331 comments It's so bizarre. I'm going to be fighting the urge to look at my profile all night to see what's getting bumped.

I need to log off and watch t.v. before it drives me batty and afraid that friends are going to start dropping me, haha.

Hopefully this is "emergency fix" priority.

message 30: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (peptastic) | 15 comments I think the likes are happening first.
I liked a few reviews of the same book and those reviews of people I follow are on my feed now. They weren't there on my feed twenty minutes ago until I liked them.

In this thread it was mentioned that with more features, more bugs.
People requested less in their feed and we get more. [I hope not on purpose of course to say "Hey take that for suggesting a new feature!"]

It would be a shame if we had to stop liking reviews just not to clog up other users feeds you aren't even friends with. I have already disabled everything from my feed as it is.

Sarah (Presto agitato) (mg2001) | 134 comments My profile page is a mess. I have reviews from ages ago posted like I just wrote them, in no order that makes any sense.

My update feed is even more of a mess. It seems like many of my friends have the same problem, because I am seeing many of their reviews from ages ago also, again in no particular order.

message 32: by Cathryn (new)

Cathryn (catdance) | 7 comments I'm seeing the issue in my update feed. Lots of old reviews from friends. I haven't checked my profile yet to see if my reviews are popping up again.

message 33: by mark (new)

mark monday (happyendoftheworid) | 71 comments Lauren wrote: "I think the likes are happening first.
I liked a few reviews of the same book and those reviews of people I follow are on my feed now. They weren't there on my feed twenty minutes ago until I liked..."

I dunno. it is hard for me to imagine anyone seeking out my reviews for Twilight & Snowballin' and then liking them. plus the recent likes were from friends who often like new reviews that I've just posted and who don't make a practice of going through my old reviews. not that I would mind that of course. but I don't think the likes are coming first.

message 34: by Caroline (new)

Caroline  (Caro7) | 51 comments Lauren wrote: "I think the likes are happening first."

I don't think it matters. On one review it happened after I got the like; on the other review I got no like, but the review posted to the feed anyway.

message 35: by mark (new)

mark monday (happyendoftheworid) | 71 comments the reviews that I deleted from my update feed (Twilight, Divergent, Snowballin) are not coming back. the review that I did not delete from my update feed (Memoirs of Hadrian) still keeps returning.

ok I need to get off of this thread & Goodreads right now! I have been constantly refreshing my profile page just to see what happens and I fear I am getting addicted.

message 36: by Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder* (last edited Dec 03, 2013 07:43PM) (new)

Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder* (ErinPaperbackstash) | 2045 comments Well I just lookd at my profile and five reviews are in the feed. I doubt people like five of my reviews - different ones - tonight to get them to spawn. Since it doesn't go back further (the rss), I can't tell how many have really reposted.

Hopefully just these five!

Magic Slays by Kate Daniels
The Dark Tower 7 - Posted Two Separate Times, argh
Catcher in the Rye
Dracula - Posted twice in feed
Red Headed Stepchild - Posted twice in feed back to back

Argh. Apparently Urban Fantasy and Classics mainly

message 37: by Caroline (new)

Caroline  (Caro7) | 51 comments mark wrote: "the reviews that I deleted from my update feed (Twilight, Divergent, Snowballin) are not coming back. the review that I did not delete from my update feed (Memoirs of Hadrian) still keeps returning..."

Yes, seriously. I need to log off now too.

message 38: by Jubilation Lee (new)

Jubilation Lee | 1 comments Caroline wrote: "Yes, seriously. I need to log off now too."

I've been refreshing for WAY TOO LONG here, ditto.....

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

The reviews are showing up in the updates feeds. Friend A likes a review Friend B wrote in 2010. That review shows up in the Update Feed as Friend B rated "Book Title" along with the review. When you look at the review it has today's date on the top. I know my one friend has not been online today, so there is no way she edited a book review on a book she had rated one star back in 2010.

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) Oh great. I had left one stray review and two in progress anthology reviews when i deleted all my reviews from goodreads. When last I posted in this thread, they had not been posting or repeating. Now they are. Blast. I'm deleting from my books and that should fix 'em.

message 41: by Linette (new)

Linette | 18 comments Reviews do not have to be 'liked' for them to get reposted - at least 7 of my reviews that have never been 'liked' have been auto-reposted - two of them reposted twice in a row. Deleting as I see them...hope this stops soon, also clutters up my feed.

message 42: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Dec 03, 2013 09:41PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) | 331 comments Still getting new reposts - a different review between every 10 to 40 min it looks like?

*edit* likes on reviews are resending reviews to the feed but new reviews are popping up without being liked. If a review posted on its own, then gets a like, it's going to the feed again.

message 43: by SheReadsALot (new)

SheReadsALot | 5 comments I've been getting reposted reviews on my feed whether someone likes them or not. This has happened for a number of days now but has gotten worse today.

message 44: by Rose (new)

Rose (Rosepetals1984) | 126 comments My reviews of Red Rising and Veronica Roth's "Allegiant" just did it on my account as well. This is quite weird. =____=

message 45: by Becky (new)

Becky (Beckyofthe19and9) | 5079 comments I'm seeing tons of reviews resurfacing in my update feed, from as far back as 2009, but none of my old reviews have gone out in my feed, at least not according to my profile.

Weird. Hope this is fixed soon... it's pretty annoying.

message 46: by Bitchie™ (new)

Bitchie™ (Bitchie) | 602 comments I'm seeing lots of friends' old reviews pop up too, not on my own profile, but in my update feed. All the way back to 2009, like others have said. Steph's review for New Moon just scrolled by.

message 47: by Kim (new)

Kim (KimMR) | 37 comments It's happening to me too. One of my reviews from months ago has surfaced on my profile, without having been edited. Reviews dating back to at least 2009 from friends and people I follow are showing up in my update feed.

message 48: by Warwick (new)

Warwick (Widsith) | 14 comments It's kind of like the way BookLikes introduces a new feature every week: Goodreads introduces a new bug every week.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

The only review I've had mysteriously repost itself is the one that has the most likes, but my feed right now is nothing but old reviews, mostly from the more popular people I follow.

message 50: by Loederkoningin (new)

Loederkoningin | 121 comments Thank god I'm not the only one this is happening to. I thought I was hacked. :p

I just woke up and noticed that 2 hours ago a review was pushed back to my feed that I haven't edited or otherwise looked at in a while. How is that even possible?

« previous 1 3 4

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Selection (other topics)
Halo (other topics)
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell (other topics)
Delirium (other topics)
Hungry: A Young Model's Story of Appetite, Ambition, and the Ultimate Embrace of Curves (other topics)
More...