The Lost Challenges discussion

Archives - Monthly Challenges > December Cable Channel- Classic Nickelodeon

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Dec 02, 2013 06:08PM) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Classic Nickelodeon-

description

OK, so it really isn't a current channel. But my kids have recently discovered a lot of these shows on Netflix so I was feeling a bit retro this month.

Duration: Month of December
Goal: Read 1 book for each of the 7 shows. Be sure to let us know which of the 3 options you chose.

1. You Can't do that on Television- Read a book that is split into segments; or is YA, or has a really gross character.

2. Rugrats- Read a book where a baby is a key plot point; or is about a group of friends; or with a character with absentee parents.

3. Doug- Read a book where the main character has a dog; or where there is love of a superhero, or where the guy tries but doesn't get the girl.

4. Hey Arnold!- Read a book based on an urban legend; or has a bully; or set in a large city.

5. Ren & Stimpy Show- Read a book with a Happy go lucky character; or with a hot-tempered character, or set in outer space the old west.

6. The World of David the Gnome- Read a book partially set underground; or has lots of animals; or where characters work to better our environment.

7. Rocko's Modern Life- Read a book with an Australian Character; or a book set near the Great Lakes; or in which characters go to an "O" place (Lot O'Comics, House-O-paint, Ton-O-Noodles etc).

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) ...

message 3: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) count me in for #1

message 4: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) what do u mean by segments, to me that is a series book???

message 5: by Barbara ★ (last edited Dec 31, 2013 04:46AM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 2556 comments I'm in.

READ: 7/7

✔1. You Can't do that on Television- Starfire Angels - Melanie Nilles (young adult) 12/15

✔2. Rugrats- The Line Between Here and Gone - Andrea Kane (terminal baby is main plot) 12/6

✔3. Doug- Breakup - Dana Stabenow (heroine has dog/wolf hybrid) 12/18

✔4. Hey Arnold!- Thankless in Death - J.D Robb (set in NYC) 12/12

✔5. Ren & Stimpy Show- The Hit - David Baldacci (heroine is hot tempered) 12/23

✔6. The World of David the Gnome- Black Hole Sun - David Macinnis Gill (set in a mine) 12/22

✔7. Rocko's Modern Life- Finding the Lost - Shannon Butcher (went to Omaha Nebraska) 12/29

Starfire Angels (Starfire Angels Dark Angel Chronicles, #1) by Melanie Nilles The Line Between Here and Gone by Andrea Kane Breakup (Kate Shugak, #7) by Dana Stabenow Thankless in Death (In Death, #37) by J.D. Robb The Hit (Will Robie, #2) by David Baldacci Black Hole Sun (Hell's Cross, #1) by David Macinnis Gill Finding the Lost (Sentinel Wars, #2) by Shannon K. Butcher

CHALLENGE COMPLETE

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Lindy wrote: "what do u mean by segments, to me that is a series book???"

Some books are broke in to part one, part two, part three and have several chapters in each. Or it could be an anthology. Or even a book bundle.

message 7: by Connie N. (last edited Dec 27, 2013 03:51PM) (new)

Connie N. | 3291 comments I love these cable channel challenges, so count me in.

Cable Channel - Classic Nickelodeon
Timeframe: 12/1/13 to 12/31/13
7/7

1. You Can't do that on Television - Young Adult - The Unbearable Book Club for Unsinkable Girls by Julie Schumacher - 12/4/13 ♥♥♥♥

2. Rugrats - About a group of friends - The Autumn Bride by Anne Gracie - 12/7/13 ♥♥♥♥

3. Doug - Main character has a dog - A Nantucket Christmas by Nancy Thayer - 12/13/13 ♥♥♥♥

4. Hey Arnold! - Set in large city - San Francisco - The 6th Target by James Patterson - 12/12/13 ♥♥♥♥

5. Ren & Stimpy Show - Hot-tempered character - An Angel for Christmas by Heather Graham - 12/15/13 ♥♥♥

6. The World of David the Gnome - Lots of animals (at the Coliseum) - Mistress of Rome by Kate Quinn - 12/11/13 ♥♥♥♥

7. Rocko's Modern Life - Australian character - Jake Porter - Sofie Metropolis by Tori Carrington - 12/27/13 ♥♥♥♥

The Unbearable Book Club for Unsinkable Girls by Julie Schumacher The Autumn Bride (Chance Sisters, #1) by Anne Gracie A Nantucket Christmas A Novel by Nancy Thayer The 6th Target (Women's Murder Club #6) by James Patterson An Angel for Christmas by Heather Graham Mistress of Rome (Rome, #1) by Kate Quinn Sofie Metropolis (Sofie Metropolis, #1) by Tori Carrington

message 8: by Belkis (last edited Dec 22, 2013 06:42PM) (new)

Belkis (bminaya) I'll give this one a try :)

Goal: Read 1 book for each of the 7 shows. Be sure to let us know which of the 3 options you chose.

6/6 Read

1. You Can't do that on Television- Read a book that is split into segments; or is YA, or has a really gross character.
Tangled (Tangled, #1) by Emma Chase 12/15 ★★★★.5 Has a really gross character.

2. Rugrats- Read a book where a baby is a key plot point; or is about a group of friends; or with a character with absentee parents.
The Bride (Lairds' Fiancees, #1) by Julie Garwood 12/2 ★★★★★ Both baby & group of friends

3. Doug- Read a book where the main character has a dog; or where there is love of a superhero, or where the guy tries but doesn't get the girl.
Fracture Me (Shatter Me, #2.5) by Tahereh Mafi 12/19 ★★★★ love of a superhero

4. Hey Arnold!- Read a book based on an urban legend; or has a bully; or set in a large city.
The Bone Season (The Bone Season, #1) by Samantha Shannon 12/5 ★★★★ Has a bully

5. Ren & Stimpy Show- Read a book with a Happy go lucky character; or with a hot-tempered character, or set in outer space.
These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1) by Amie Kaufman Set in outer space 12/18 ★★★★.5

6. The World of David the Gnome- Read a book partially set underground; or has lots of animals; or where characters work to better our environment.
The Goblin King (The Kings, #4) by Heather Killough-Walden 12/3 ★★★★ Has both underground & lots of animals

7. Rocko's Modern Life- Read a book with an Australian Character; or a book set near the Great Lakes; or in which characters go to an "O" place (Lot O'Comics, House-O-paint, Ton-O-Noodles etc).

message 9: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) Dawn, is there an option missing from #2? It seems like the sentence is cutoff? "; or is about a group of friends; or" is there supposed to be something after the last or?

And on #5 "or set in outer spacer the old west." is this supposed to be: or set in outer space or the old west?

message 10: by Suzanne (last edited Dec 26, 2013 06:44AM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 1562 comments love Love LOVE Nickelodeon!

The Lost Challenges
December Cable Channel- Classic Nickelodeon
Duration:
12/1/2013 - 12/31/2013

Progress: 7 out of 7

1. You Can't do that on Television- Read a book that is split into segments; or is YA, or has a really gross character-
Inkheart by Cornelia Funke - **** - 12/17/2013

2. Rugrats- Read a book where a baby is a key plot point; or is about a group of friends-
Futures and Frosting by Tara Sivec - ***** - 12/4/2013

Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill - **** - 12/25/2013

4. Hey Arnold!- Read a book based on an urban legend; or has a bully; or set in a large city-
How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks - ***** - 12/5/2013

5. Ren & Stimpy Show- Read a book with a Happy go lucky character; or with a hot-tempered character, or set in outer spacer the old west-
Fever by Maya Banks - **** - 12/9/2013 - Ash is pretty happy go lucky

6. The World of David the Gnome- Read a book partially set underground; or has lots of animals; or where characters work to better our environment-
Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter - ** - 12/22/2013 - Killing zombies to better our environment

Bone Magic by Yasmine Galenorn - *** - 12/2/2013 - Otherworld

Bone Magic (Otherworld / Sisters of the Moon, #7) by Yasmine Galenorn Futures and Frosting (Chocolate Lovers, #2) by Tara Sivec How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1) by Kerrelyn Sparks Fever (Breathless, #2) by Maya Banks Inkheart (Inkworld, #1) by Cornelia Funke Alice in Zombieland (The White Rabbit Chronicles, #1) by Gena Showalter Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill

message 11: by Turtlefrog (last edited Dec 23, 2013 02:20PM) (new)

Turtlefrog Duration: Month of December

2. Rugrats- Read a book where a baby is a key plot point; or is about a group of friends; or a character with absentee parents.
Awakened (Vampire Awakenings, #1) by Brenda K. Davies 12/14/13

Dragonfly (Dragonfly, #1) by Leigh Talbert Moore 12/6

Broken at Love (Whitman University, #1) by Lyla Payne 12/17/13

5. Ren & Stimpy Show- Read a book with a Happy go lucky character; or with a hot-tempered character, or set in outer space.

message 12: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Belkis wrote: "Dawn, is there an option missing from #2? It seems like the sentence is cutoff? "; or is about a group of friends; or" is there supposed to be something after the last or?

And on #5 "or set in out..."

I really need a proof reader for everything I post.

Yup both are wrong.

I have no clue what was supposed to be on #2 so lets go with a character with absentee parents.

and #5 should be outer space

message 13: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) Dawn (Kat N Hat) wrote: "Belkis wrote: "Dawn, is there an option missing from #2? It seems like the sentence is cutoff? "; or is about a group of friends; or" is there supposed to be something after the last or?

And on #5..."

LOL! I can totally appreciate Dawn, no worries. Thanks for clarifying.

message 14: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) 2/7

3. Doug- Read a book where the main character has a dog;One Good Earl Deserves a Lover, Sarah MacLean 12/4/13 ★★★★★

4. Hey Arnold!- has a bully How to Dance with a Duke, Manda Collins 12/2/13 ★★★

5. Ren & Stimpy Show- Read a book with a Happy go lucky character; or with a hot-tempered character, or set in outer space the old west.

message 15: by Penni (last edited Dec 31, 2013 06:49PM) (new)

Penni | 1287 comments Mod
Done for the month. Sadly, didn't get all 7 categories, but enjoyed it! Made 5 of 7.

I'm in.

5/7

Vampire for Christmas by Felicity E. Heaton - 12/25

The Marriage Merger (Marriage to a Billionaire, #4) by Jennifer Probst - 12/19

Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison - 12/2

Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1) by Kim Harrison - 12/24

Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3) by J.R. Ward - 12/2
An Executive Decision (The Executive Decisions, #1) by Grace Marshall

message 16: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) In several books like a series?

Lindy wrote: "what do u mean by segments, to me that is a series book???"

Some books are broke in to part one, part two, part three and have several chapters in each. Or it could be an anthology. Or even a book bundle.

message 17: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) With the craziness of the holidays I don't know if I'll be able to figure out a book to read for #7, so I'll call this challenge done at 6 for the month. Great challenge Dawn! Have a happy holiday everyone. May your Christmas be blessed with loads of love and joy!

message 18: by Connie N. (new)

Connie N. | 3291 comments All done for this month. Thanks for the fun.

Cable Channel - Classic Nickelodeon
Timeframe: 12/1/13 to 12/31/13
7/7

1. You Can't do that on Television - Young Adult - The Unbearable Book Club for Unsinkable Girls by Julie Schumacher - 12/4/13 ♥♥♥♥

2. Rugrats - About a group of friends - The Autumn Bride by Anne Gracie - 12/7/13 ♥♥♥♥

3. Doug - Main character has a dog - A Nantucket Christmas by Nancy Thayer - 12/13/13 ♥♥♥♥

4. Hey Arnold! - Set in large city - San Francisco - The 6th Target by James Patterson - 12/12/13 ♥♥♥♥

5. Ren & Stimpy Show - Hot-tempered character - An Angel for Christmas by Heather Graham - 12/15/13 ♥♥♥

6. The World of David the Gnome - Lots of animals (at the Coliseum) - Mistress of Rome by Kate Quinn - 12/11/13 ♥♥♥♥

7. Rocko's Modern Life - Australian character - Jake Porter - Sofie Metropolis by Tori Carrington - 12/27/13 ♥♥♥♥

The Unbearable Book Club for Unsinkable Girls by Julie Schumacher The Autumn Bride (Chance Sisters, #1) by Anne Gracie A Nantucket Christmas A Novel by Nancy Thayer The 6th Target (Women's Murder Club #6) by James Patterson An Angel for Christmas by Heather Graham Mistress of Rome (Rome, #1) by Kate Quinn Sofie Metropolis (Sofie Metropolis, #1) by Tori Carrington

message 19: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Ok, December Crazyness hit and I have no ideas. Quick someone anyone give me a channel to use for next month.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 691 comments Dawn (Kat N Hat) wrote: "Ok, December Crazyness hit and I have no ideas. Quick someone anyone give me a channel to use for next month."

ID (Investigation Discovery)

message 21: by Penni (new)

Penni | 1287 comments Mod
Unfortunately, I don't watch any TV and don't have cable. So why am I playing this challenge? I am truly an addict LOL

message 22: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) Done:

1. YA Giff, Patricia Reilly Water St
2. Baby/friends: Brunseter, Wanda E. Amish White Christmas
3. Dog: Cobble, Colleen Abomination
4. lg city: Boston Parker, Robert B. Stardust
5. Western/bully Copeland, Lori Patience
6. Undergroudn/animals: Castle, Jayne After Glow
7. Great Lakes: Coble, Collleen Abomination

message 23: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) I'm not a TV watcher at all so I'm no help either, sorry.

message 24: by Connie N. (new)

Connie N. | 3291 comments TVLand? Cartoon Network? Game Show Network? HGTV? any of the cooking channels?

message 25: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Yay Connie thanks, Game Show Network hasn't been done yet!

Coming up next...