Mrs. Gallagher's Book Group 2013-2014 discussion

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
This topic is about The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
Book Review

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cassie | 6 comments I recently read the book "The Boy In The Striped Pajamas" by John Boyne. The books draws you in and captivates you in its story. The story was told of the holocaust from the perspective of two Young boys, One the son of a commander and the other a jewish boy in a containment camp. These boys befriend each other, they come from very different situations however they are still quite alike. It amazed me to see how much was hidden from these young boys and how the boy Shmuel, the boy in the containment camp seams to pick up on more of the tragic events of the holocaust then his friend Bruno who is on the other side of the fence and is very much sheltered by his parents. The book had a very sad ending that was so well written that I couldn't think of any other way to end it. My favorite part of the story was seeing that though two people come from very different backgrounds they can still become friends. I personally loved the book and would easily read it again. If you are looking for a book about the holocaust and possibly even a book to make you cry this is the one. It is a captivating story of two very different young boys breaking the rules and creating a friendship like no other.

message 2: by Bridgette (new)

Bridgette Gallagher | 27 comments Mod
Great book, did you see the movie? I just couldn't bring myself to see the movie.

Cassie | 6 comments I didn't, I wanted to wait to read the book first, a friend of mine saw it and said it was sad but worth watching. I'd like to see it I just haven't gotten around to it!