Dublin Bookworms discussion

Cursed, Next Book and Comedy *important*

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Orla (new)

Orla (orlathewitch) | 63 comments Mod
It has been brought to my attention that the WriMos in this book club have been a bit on the cursed side this year and we are choosing to blame the generally miserably tone of our books. So clean slate, let's move on.

So from now on let's read more cheerful book!

Raising Steam by Terry Pratchett is our next book and we're looking for more suggestions to be suggested in this thread.

message 2: by Bernard (new)

Bernard (guyserious) | 26 comments Cheerful books all the way, and anything Pratchett always gets my approval!

Although as I was trying to think of other suggestions I couldn't really think of anything, I'm not sure if "cheerful" books are something I really gravitate towards. Most of what I read seems to be of the dark, depressing variety.

message 3: by Orla (new)

Bernard wrote: "Most of what I read seem to be of the dark, depressing variety."

Me too, this is our problem.

message 4: by Bernard (new)

Bernard (guyserious) | 26 comments Even the stuff that is supposed to be funny is usually of the bleak and existential variety. I don't think a bit of break from that habit would do any harm...

message 5: by Waterfall (new)

Waterfall (waterfall8484) | 1 comments "Most of what I read seem to be of the dark, depressing variety."

I think I can help you with that bit, as I tend to avoid the bleaker stuff. :~D

message 6: by Orla (new)

This is good! We need people who read not depressing stuff. This is the thread for suggestions for the future if you have any.

message 7: by Bernard (new)

Bernard (guyserious) | 26 comments Yeah, all suggestions are much appreciated :)