Smashwords Authors discussion

Author of the Month > Nominations for future months

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Space Opera Diva (new)

Steph Bennion (stephbennion) | 807 comments A few folk have already put their name forward on another thread. On reflection, I think it will work better if we run nominations afresh each month, with a vote in the event of multiple nominations. So, if you have a particular reason for wanting to be a forthcoming featured author (e.g. your latest book is due out), this is where you can state your case!

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) | 1185 comments My book just came out and I don't know when the next one will be, so I'll just say Marla can go in January like we said in the other thread - so that's my nomination! :)

message 3: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) | 1185 comments And A.L. is February! :)

message 4: by Steph, Space Opera Diva (new)

Steph Bennion (stephbennion) | 807 comments Barbara wrote: "My book just came out and I don't know when the next one will be, so I'll just say Marla can go in January like we said in the other thread - so that's my nomination! :)"

Okay - Can Maria confirm?

message 5: by Marla (new)

Marla Bradeen (mbradeen) | 49 comments Yes, I'm okay with taking January. I'm flexible though, so if January works better for someone else's schedule then hopefully they'll speak up.

message 6: by A.L., Stormy Chronicler (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 998 comments Where did the big yellow "Moderator" thing come from?

message 7: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) | 1185 comments A.L. wrote: "Where did the big yellow "Moderator" thing come from?"

That's what I was wondering myself! None of my other groups moderators has it! (and it looks brown on my screen)

I know! Steph can do magic! :D

message 8: by Marla (new)

Marla Bradeen (mbradeen) | 49 comments I think we should have a special banner for the author of the month, too. Can Steph wave her moderator wand and make that happen?

message 9: by Steph, Space Opera Diva (new)

Steph Bennion (stephbennion) | 807 comments A.L. wrote: "Where did the big yellow "Moderator" thing come from?"

It must be a new option. I've got rid of it.

message 10: by Laurel (new)

Laurel Rockefeller (laurelarockefeller) | 55 comments I want to be author of the month because, honestly, I have never been an author of the month on ANY GoodReads group -- even though I have two novels and two book series companion novels out (the second one, "The Lost Tales" comes out in just a few hours on February 26th).

Peers of Beinan Series -- most of my book editions are in my GR profile (with the old covers; there are new ones now).

And yes, the CURRENT author of the month can vouch for me. :D

message 11: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 1397 comments I want to be author of the month. Mostly just because I do; who doesn't? But I have got two pre-released books due out soon: one in March and one in April.

message 12: by A.L., Stormy Chronicler (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 998 comments Il add you to list when not on phone