Elie's Book Club discussion

Starling (Starling, #1)
This topic is about Starling
Book Discussions > Starling by Lesley Livingston

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Elissa (elie26reads) | 76 comments Mod
This will be the fantasy/supernatural book we'll be reading in the month of December.

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) I just picked this book up from my library so I'm excited to read it! :)

Cinthia (readinggalaxy) | 13 comments never heard of this book........ interesting!

Amanda wrote: "I just picked this book up from my library so I'm excited to read it! :)"

That's great! I held off from reading it in November but can't wait to read it in December.

Cinthia wrote: "never heard of this book........ interesting!"

I loved her Wondrous Strange trilogy so I can't wait to jump in to her type of fey again.

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Elissa wrote: "Amanda wrote: "I just picked this book up from my library so I'm excited to read it! :)"

That's great! I held off from reading it in November but can't wait to read it in December."

Hope it's a great book. Since I wasn't able to get last months book from my library I was happy to find this months pick.

I just started this book and I'm so excited on how Fennyrs was introduced!

This book has the things I love all kinds of mythology, hot guys & intrigue! It took me longer than usual to this book but only because of the Fennrys Wolf. He is who I thought he was which a character that came out in the Wondrous Strange series and while I was reading Starling I kept trying to remember what happened to him. I know it was something crucial and it kept bugging me until I finally told myself to enjoy this story and it will all be uncovered & I don't regret it.

Did you guys like the different mixes of mythology in the story?
I love Norse & Greek mythology and I love who they are using it with the story and still mixing in the Fey myths as well.

Did it intrigue you guys to want to continue to book 2?
I'm about to start reading the second one because I want to know a Fenn finds a way to Mason.

Cinthia (readinggalaxy) | 13 comments ....o my god I feel kind of terrible BUT.... I did not enjoy this book and it probably has everything to do with ME & not the actual book :s

first I don't really enjoy fantasy...don't read it too often and I'm very selective with this genre. 2nd it seems to me even though this is a brand new series... u kind of do have to read the previous one to get the flow of things. Also I don't read mythology and this has a ton of it and u can see how this is all kinds of bad for me... I wish I would have liked it more but I couldn't find one thing memorable or anything lasting about Starling it just didn't capture me....

I would recommend the Embrace series (its about angels) if u liked this writing ... I quit around book 3 but I feel like these authors have similar voices and a lot of people like the Embrace series

Cinthia wrote: "....o my god I feel kind of terrible BUT.... I did not enjoy this book and it probably has everything to do with ME & not the actual book :s

first I don't really enjoy fantasy...don't read it too..."

Awe don't feel terrible if this book wasn't your cup of tea its cool. I do want to thank you for reading it. I think I have the first book in the Embrace series and I'll check it out. =D

Cinthia (readinggalaxy) | 13 comments yea I'm glad I pushed forward and completed it.. it kinda helped me figure out that maybe this genre is not my thing but I did like fenn for the most part :)

also still gotta read The Redemption did u read it already? I'm kind of scared to know what happens

Cinthia wrote: "yea I'm glad I pushed forward and completed it.. it kinda helped me figure out that maybe this genre is not my thing but I did like fenn for the most part :)

also still gotta read The Redemption d..."

Well I'm happy to hear your finding what you like best and that's great! I can't lie I'm loving Fenn in book 2.

I did finish The Redemption and I really enjoyed I want more of Callie & Kayden but I can't wait for Luke's book next month.