RiseUp! discussion

Bible Discussion > Favorite Bible Verse

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new)

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
So I was wondering what your favorite Bible verses are? You don't need only one; you can put up whatever you love to quote or you are really feeling at the moment.

My favorite Bible Verse for the past few years has been Romans 12:2. It's a great verse although I don't follow it as much as I should!

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. (NKJV)

message 2: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

notyourfriend (amemori) | 4058 comments Mod
Hmmmm....... I've got to think for this one....

message 3: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new)

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
You can always just post an inspiring verse. :)

message 4: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (last edited Dec 18, 2013 08:38PM) (new)

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
Mojo posted this Bible verse on another group, and I think it is so awesome that it must be shared!
I hadn't heard it before, but it is very encouraging. :)

“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they will not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched,
Nor will the flame burn you."
-Isaiah 43:2

message 5: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 6 comments My favourite bible verse is 1 Corinthians 15:58. My grade 2 teacher taught it to us. "Therefore my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, for you know that your work in the Lord is not in vain."

message 6: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 6 comments I really really like that verse from Romans 12. Thank you for sharing!

message 7: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new)

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
Hmmm...I didn't know your verse, but I like it!
It has a similar message to mine! Thanks for sharing yours too. :)

You're welcome. :)

message 8: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 2099 comments I like a lot of different Bible verses, I especially love Psalm 23

message 9: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new)

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
That is a beautiful passage! I love Psalm 23.

message 10: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 2099 comments Princess Dee wrote: "That is a beautiful passage! I love Psalm 23."

I love this part: "Though I walk though the valley of shadow and death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me, your rod and your staff, they comfort me"

message 11: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new)

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
Yes!

message 12: by kyendwarrior (new)

kyendwarrior | 1 comments Princess Dee wrote: "Mojo posted this Bible verse on another group, and I think it is so awesome that it must be shared!

“When you pass through the waters, I w..."

I love that one!:)It's nice to know that God's got our back through everything:)

one of my favorite verses is Romans 8:37
"In all these things we are more than conquerors through Christ who loves us."
:)

message 13: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new)

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
kyendwarrior wrote: "Princess Dee wrote: "Mojo posted this Bible verse on another group, and I think it is so awesome that it must be shared!

“When you pass th..."

Yes it is nice! :) And so true...

That's pretty profound. Thank you for sharing! :)

message 14: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

These are great.

message 15: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new)

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
Yes, they are!
Of course, it's because they come from the best book ever!

message 16: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 2099 comments Princess Dee wrote: "Yes, they are!
Of course, it's because they come from the best book ever!"

Agreed :)

message 17: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new)

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
:D

message 18: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 2099 comments Hope you have a good Christmas Princess Dee :)

message 19: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new)

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
Thanks, Narnian. You too!

message 20: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 2099 comments Princess Dee wrote: "Thanks, Narnian. You too!"

Thank you :)

message 21: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new)

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
You are welcome! :D

message 22: by Kari (new)

Kari My favorite verse is Psalms 139:14.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Mine is Jeremiah 29:11

message 24: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new)

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
Cool! Thanks for sharing Kari and Abby!

message 25: by Nikko (new)

Nikko (NikkoNash) | 11 comments It's so hard to choose!...I'm going to go with Galatians 1:10
Happy New Year to you all!

message 26: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 2099 comments Bill wrote: "John 3:16-- its the final verse that lead me to Christ.

I also like Deuteronomy 31:6 and Isaiah 40:31"

John 3:16 is great :)

message 27: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new)

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
Nikko wrote: "It's so hard to choose!...I'm going to go with Galatians 1:10
Happy New Year to you all!"

That's a great verse to remember! And a happy New Year to you as well. :)

message 28: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new)

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
Bill wrote: "John 3:16-- its the final verse that lead me to Christ.

I also like Deuteronomy 31:6 and Isaiah 40:31"

All of those are great verses. I especially love John 3:16!

message 29: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

Abby, Nlaitrahfah wrote: "Mine is Jeremiah 29:11"

Oh me too :)

message 30: by Sybille (new)

Sybille Norris | 66 comments Philippians 1:6 and John 3:17...I could go on. :)

message 31: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 2099 comments I like this passage from Revelation:

4 Then as I looked, I saw a door standing open in heaven, and the same voice I had heard before spoke to me like a trumpet blast. The voice said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must happen after this.” 2 And instantly I was in the Spirit,[a] and I saw a throne in heaven and someone sitting on it. 3 The one sitting on the throne was as brilliant as gemstones—like jasper and carnelian. And the glow of an emerald circled his throne like a rainbow. 4 Twenty-four thrones surrounded him, and twenty-four elders sat on them. They were all clothed in white and had gold crowns on their heads. 5 From the throne came flashes of lightning and the rumble of thunder. And in front of the throne were seven torches with burning flames. This is the sevenfold Spirit[b] of God. 6 In front of the throne was a shiny sea of glass, sparkling like crystal.

In the center and around the throne were four living beings, each covered with eyes, front and back. 7 The first of these living beings was like a lion; the second was like an ox; the third had a human face; and the fourth was like an eagle in flight. 8 Each of these living beings had six wings, and their wings were covered all over with eyes, inside and out. Day after day and night after night they keep on saying,

“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God, the Almighty—
the one who always was, who is, and who is still to come.”
9 Whenever the living beings give glory and honor and thanks to the one sitting on the throne (the one who lives forever and ever), 10 the twenty-four elders fall down and worship the one sitting on the throne (the one who lives forever and ever). And they lay their crowns before the throne and say,

11 “You are worthy, O Lord our God,
to receive glory and honor and power.
For you created all things,
and they exist because you created what you pleased.”

message 32: by Sybille (new)

Sybille Norris | 66 comments Narnian525♥♪ wrote: "I like this passage from Revelation:

4 Then as I looked, I saw a door standing open in heaven, and the same voice I had heard before spoke to me like a trumpet blast. The voice said, “Come up her..."

Oh Wow thanks!!!! When I came to the Lord Revelation was the first book I read. It is my fav. I am glad to see it here. :)

message 33: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 2099 comments Sybille wrote: "Narnian525♥♪ wrote: "I like this passage from Revelation:

4 Then as I looked, I saw a door standing open in heaven, and the same voice I had heard before spoke to me like a trumpet blast. The voi..."

You are welcome :)

message 34: by Sybille (new)

Sybille Norris | 66 comments This is a great one to encourage you! "The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

Just think God singing over you.

message 35: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 2099 comments Sybille wrote: "This is a great one to encourage you! "The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing..."

That IS encouraging :) Thank you!

message 36: by Sybille (new)

Sybille Norris | 66 comments Your welcome. :)

message 37: by Taylor (new)

Taylor My favorite Bible verse of all time is Isaiah 41:10. Lifts me up every time I read it.

message 38: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new)

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
Miss…Waitwhat? [Taylor] wrote: "My favorite Bible verse of all time is Isaiah 41:10. Lifts me up every time I read it."

That is a great promise... :)