Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Genres~ What's Yer Flavour? > Civil War- Need a great read

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linda B.D. (new)

Linda B.D. (lindabd) Will someone please give me some titles & their author of books around the Civil War time? I'm getting a little tired of Kings, Queens, etc. Thanks!

message 2: by NayNay (new)

NayNay I hope these help...

The Widow of the South by Robert Hicks A Separate Country by Robert Hicks Shades of Gray A Novel of the Civil War in Virginia by Jessica James North and South (North and South, #1) by John Jakes

message 3: by NayNay (new)

NayNay Just thought of two more...

The Widow's War by Mary Mackey My Name is Mary Sutter by Robin Oliveira

message 4: by Linda B.D. (new)

Linda B.D. (lindabd) thank you !

message 5: by Linda B.D. (new)

Linda B.D. (lindabd) Yes, I thank all of you for the titles.

message 6: by Amber (last edited Jan 02, 2014 11:25AM) (new)

Amber (starynight) | 2 comments Here are two

Chasing the Sun (Land of the Lone Star, # 1) by Tracie Peterson , and Touching the Sky (Land of the Lone Star, # 2) by Tracie Peterson
They are in a series called Land of the Lone star. They are romances that at based in Texas during the Civile War. There is a third book in the series but I'm not sure if it is in the Civile War time. Also these are christan romances

message 7: by Hannah (last edited Apr 09, 2014 11:44PM) (new)

Hannah Alhajri | 1 comments Love Finds You in Amana, Iowa by Melanie Dobson
One of my favorite books that takes place during the Civil War.

message 8: by Nadine (new)

Nadine | 26 comments It's weird....i can read your comments and recommendations, but I can't seem to see the titles and pictures of the books that you all pasted regarding civil war romance. Can someone type the title for me because I would love to read these books especially since they are "series". Thanks : )

message 9: by Nadine (new)

Nadine | 26 comments Oops....I finally see the pictures. Guess my computer was slow this morning....: )

message 10: by Linda B.D. (new)

Linda B.D. (lindabd) I've read many Civil War romance books lately! Every single one was very good, but I am picky about what I read. You can go to my shelf & look under Civil War & get all the titles. Click on my name to get there. Let me know if this helped.

message 11: by Sarah Rhue (new)

Sarah Rhue | 4 comments OH MY GOAH, HAVE YOU READ "Gone With The Wind" IF YOU HAVENT THEN ITS AMAZING AND YOU REALLY SHOULD!!!!!!!!!!It's civil war romance, its awesome!Gone with the Wind

message 12: by Sarah Rhue (new)

Sarah Rhue | 4 comments also "Dances With Wolves" is another absolutely fantastic book! You really really should read it! Dances with Wolves

message 13: by Nancy from NJ (new)

Katz Nancy from NJ (nancyk18) Jessica wrote: "also "Dances With Wolves" is another absolutely fantastic book! You really really should read it! Dances with Wolves"

I was just going to mention this wonderful book, Jessica but you beat me to the punch. I first read this when I was 13 and then saw the movie. How gorgeous was Vivien Leigh and how handsome Clark Gable and whenever we traveled through the South and saw these wonderful homes, I would think of Tara. I am sure there are far more historical books about the Civil War, but this one for me will always stand out.

message 14: by Linda B.D. (new)

Linda B.D. (lindabd) Jessica wrote: "OH MY GOAH, HAVE YOU READ "Gone With The Wind" IF YOU HAVENT THEN ITS AMAZING AND YOU REALLY SHOULD!!!!!!!!!!It's civil war romance, its awesome!Gone with the Wind"
Oh yes! It was wonderful. The movie was also great!

message 15: by Linda B.D. (new)

Linda B.D. (lindabd) Nancy from NJ wrote: "Jessica wrote: "also "Dances With Wolves" is another absolutely fantastic book! You really really should read it! Dances with Wolves"

I was just going to mention this wonderful book,..."

message 16: by Linda B.D. (new)

Linda B.D. (lindabd) Nancy from NJ wrote: "Jessica wrote: "also "Dances With Wolves" is another absolutely fantastic book! You really really should read it! Dances with Wolves"

I was just going to mention this wonderful book,..."

Yes, I've read it. Also, very good! Thank You.

message 17: by Nancy from NJ (new)

Katz Nancy from NJ (nancyk18) Sorry - I replied to the wrong message in #13. I was referring to Gone With the Wind not Dances with Wolves.

message 18: by Sarah Rhue (new)

Sarah Rhue | 4 comments Ok well you certainly have good taste because you have and seen/read the best ones! (they both have sequels, I wasn't crazy about The Holy Road but Scarlett was amazing!) (:

Victoria_Grossack Grossack (victoriagrossack) | 1 comments Try The Doctor's Daughter: Journey to Justice by Belle Blackburn for a story that is set in Civil War Tennessee. It is a lot of fun.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

message 21: by Season (new)

Season Sinclair (seasonsinclair) The Sentinels of Andersonville by Tracy Groot is a great one. It is a little graphic as it is centered around a prison camp, but it is a gripping story nonetheless.
The Sentinels of Andersonville by Tracy Groot

message 22: by willaful (new)

willaful I just read Always to Remember by Lorraine Heath Always to Remember, it was fantastic.

More Than You Wished (Hamilton Family, #2) by Jo Goodman More Than You Wished is pretty good, though I like the first book better.

These are both post-Civil War romance.