What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Dared to Dream
This topic is about Dared to Dream
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > Medieval/Time Travel Romance near English/Scottish Border featuring Hadrian's Wall, a Cave, a Redhead and a grumpy Baron/Earl [s]

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jamilla_ (new) - added it

Jamilla_ Help!The book is a Time Travel/Historical Romance Story

So the plot goes something like this:

The heroine is the niece of this old couple who run a museum near Hadrian wall....or the Scottish border with England. The one thing that stands out in the museum to the heroine is this portrait of a baron or earl....some titled man (the hero) whose duty was to guard the border from Scottish attacks.

In the Present, while exploring the land surrounding the museum this chick ends up in a cave and somehow (there might have been crystals involved) she gets sucked back into time, the same time as the guy in the picture.

Anywho, in the past, since the hero's people informs him that the daughter/sister (maybe a red head) of a very important man from the other side of the border was going to be traveling near to his land and he has guards out loooking for her. As you might have expected, they stumble across our time traveller and naturally assumed it was her. She of course vehemently denies this and of course no one believes her.
I don't know what quite happens but his mom (she's a bit evil) doesn't want her staying in the castle(?) and tells his son to put the heroine in the dungeon, he has her put there, but only for night as he couldn't sleep knowing she was there.

After this point my memory is a bit blurry...but they fall in love, I remember a bathtub love scene (there were many other love scenes), them clearing up the midunderstanding that she was scottish and her getting pregnant.

And well near the end stages of her pregnancy there was some sort of mini-war between the english and scottish, the war that history reports him dying in, she obviously doesn't want him to go knowing that he'll die, but he goes anyway and he got injured and her mother-in-law makes it sound horrible so the heroine assumes that he's dead and flees the castle to the cave that flashed her into the past.

in the future/ her former present, she arrives mid-labour. Anyway, a few days later she finds out that her husband didn't die but was merely injured and that he paced the area around the cave that she appeared everyday for the rest of his life, she goes back to the cave with her child and is once again taken to the past.

This time it is the scottish that find her and return her to her husband and they live happily ever after.

I think there was an epilogue in the future, but that's all I remember, please help me get the name of this book! ^_^

message 2: by JennyG (new)

JennyG | 550 comments Sorry, I don't know the title of your book but you can try posting on Romance Novel Book Sleuth group.

Link: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

P.S. I'll try searching for your book.

message 3: by Jamilla_ (new) - added it

Jamilla_ Hi! Thanks I'll do that :)

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Brien | 151 comments When was the 'present' in this book? Now, 10 years ago, the 1980s?

Sounds like a good book I would like to read!

message 5: by Jamilla_ (last edited Dec 08, 2013 06:14PM) (new) - added it

Jamilla_ I think the present was most likely the early 1990s/1980s .
And I do remember it to be a really good book, hence the absolute years and dozens of webpages I've been through looking for it. :(

message 6: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1225 comments Jamilla_ wrote: "I think the present was most likely the early 1990s/1980s .
And I do remember it to be a really good book, hence the absolute years and dozens of webpages I've been through looking for it. :("

Have you looked through this list of time travel romances before?
http://www.likesbooks.com/timetravel....

Do you remember anything about the cover or title? Even vague things like 'I think it was blueish' or 'it might have had the word _____ in the title' would help with searches.

message 7: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4999 comments jamilla_ do you remember how many years ago you read this book?

Lyraa Levine | 4 comments not completely sure but i think the book you are looking for is Dared to Dream
by Tammy Hilz McCallum
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18...

message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura | 28 comments It's been awhile since I read it so not sure if the details match, but Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.

message 10: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 614 comments Yeah it's not outlander

message 11: by JennyG (new)

JennyG | 550 comments I agree with Lyraa, it does sound like
Dared to Dream by Tammy Hilz McCallum.

Check out the Amazon reviews! It seems to me they are describing your book.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1854...

message 12: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 191 comments It sounds like something written by Dawn Thompson? I only read The Falcon's Bride by her but although it has a very similar plot there wasn't a child in it. So maybe another novel by her?

message 13: by Jamilla_ (new) - added it

Jamilla_ Thank you so much guys!It's Dared to Dream!
After looking for this book for so long, it's an amazing feeling to know i can read it again!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Dared to Dream (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Tammy Hilz McCallum (other topics)