The Not-So Austen Bookclub discussion

Pride and Prejudice
This topic is about Pride and Prejudice
Favourite Couples > Darcybeth ~ Elizabeth and Darcy

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Booknut, Head Moderator (last edited Nov 29, 2013 07:56PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Booknut (booknut101) | 4592 comments Mod
From the very beginning— from the first moment, I may almost say— of my acquaintance with you, your manners, impressing me with the fullest belief of your arrogance, your conceit, and your selfish disdain of the feelings of others, were such as to form the groundwork of disapprobation on which succeeding events have built so immovable a dislike; and I had not known you a month before I felt that you were the last man in the world whom I could ever be prevailed on to marry." ~ Elizabeth, Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice

(Spoiler: She marries him.)

Despite pride, prejudice, and many, many dances in between, Darcy and Elizabeth find love and happiness in a tale that has entertained audiences for generations - causing men to groan and shake their heads, and for women to berate them whilst swooning over Darcy's wet shirt!

So here's to one of the most-loved couples in literature - Mr and Mrs Darcy!!

message 2: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

H99 wrote: "It's not much of a spoiler, as anyone who reads probably knows that even if they haven't read the book."

True. But I still think it's ironic how vehemently against marrying him she was...considering the outcome later on! It just shows how emotions, and feelings, can alter greatly.

Olivia (olivia1395) | 1948 comments Very true! Have you watched the Lizzie Bennet Diaries on YouTube? They're fantastic and I highly recommend watching them.

message 4: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Olivia wrote: "Very true! Have you watched the Lizzie Bennet Diaries on YouTube? They're fantastic and I highly recommend watching them."

OMG YES!!!! I loved the LBD, and when I find the time I really want to watch Emma Approved as well.

Olivia (olivia1395) | 1948 comments Booknut wrote: "Olivia wrote: "Very true! Have you watched the Lizzie Bennet Diaries on YouTube? They're fantastic and I highly recommend watching them."

OMG YES!!!! I loved the LBD, and when I find the time I re..."

LBD was the best! And I do too!

Daphne I love this couple. I don't even know why. It's probably one of the most well know couples in book history! Maybe.

Olivia (olivia1395) | 1948 comments H99 wrote: "Olivia wrote: "Very true! Have you watched the Lizzie Bennet Diaries on YouTube? They're fantastic and I highly recommend watching them."

I want to watch them. It's part of my plan for vacation."

Good:)

Olivia (olivia1395) | 1948 comments Nice:) Sounds like a plan!

νєяαℓι∂αιиє  | 111 comments Olivia wrote: "Very true! Have you watched the Lizzie Bennet Diaries on YouTube? They're fantastic and I highly recommend watching them."

Oooh sounds like I need to watch these! I love Elizabeth and Darcy, best couple ever. :D

Olivia (olivia1395) | 1948 comments You should definitely watch them:) Lizzie and Darcy are so adorable.