Legend (Legend, #1) Legend discussion

Fan Casting for June Iparis and Day Wing.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Edward (last edited Apr 23, 2014 09:29PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Edward So I heard that they are starting production for the Legend movie. This is in my Legend review, but I think they are casting for June Iparis and Daniel "Day" Wing. Who has a certain person in mind to play Day and June? I would like to know cause that would be interesting.
And side note: they need to have amazing chemistry like Jennifer Lawrence and Josh in Catching Fire, and Shailene Woodley and Theo James in Divergent.

Paige Yin I saw many are casting Ella Punell as June and Mitch Hewer as Day.

Edward Actually I like Ella Punell as June.

Ciara day-booboo Stewart ( obviously gonna need some bleach) for June either Isabelle Fuhrman or hailed steinfeld both beautiful girls and talented in my opinion.

Edward I always pictured Isabelle Fuhrman as Tess. But I'm sure she'll be good as June, too.

message 6: by Gloria (last edited Apr 17, 2014 03:26PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gloria Dawodu I definitely think booboo stewart should play day, a lot of people fail to realize that day is half Mongolian and half Caucasian, so he's not gonna look like your typical white boy or asian. Booboo stewart would have to bleach and my beef up a bit but he's an accurate pick. I think Ella Punell or Hailee Steinfeld should play june. And well tess is said to be redheaded (i think) so cintia dicker would be good(minus the make overload)if she was an actress rather a model. The other characters are pretty easy since their kind of typical and not really mixed like day and june are

message 7: by Emma (new) - rated it 1 star

Emma Is this movie still happening?

Edward The last heard was yes.

message 9: by Emma (new) - rated it 1 star

Emma Great...

Gloria Dawodu i'm kind of hoping it might not get made i don't want it to crash and burn like vampire academy did...

Edward I don't want the director to mess it up like City of Bones and Sea of Monsters.

Gloria Dawodu Edward wrote: "I don't want the director to mess it up like City of Bones and Sea of Monsters."

yeah although sea of monsters was an improvement compared to lightning theif i still found it unsatisfying (being a fan of the books) I hope they find a good director, divergent played out pretty well

Edward The director of Catching Fire or Divergent director could pull it off.

Lilly Paige wrote: "I saw many are casting Ella Punell as June and Mitch Hewer as Day."

PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ninia Cataag Edward wrote: "I don't want the director to mess it up like City of Bones and Sea of Monsters."

totally agree with you... I was fangirling and waiting in lines for the ticket for the movie for nothing

Ninia Cataag Gloria wrote: "Edward wrote: "I don't want the director to mess it up like City of Bones and Sea of Monsters."

yeah although sea of monsters was an improvement compared to lightning theif i still found it unsati..."

Nope i still see sea of monsters as a disappointment even though they have a really cool CGI effect but the plot was just random.. it didn't make sense might as well make it into a show than a movie for The Lightning Thief. Also Divergent wasn't good, it was perfection. A movie should be like that!

Ninia Cataag Isabelle Fuhrman or Hailee Steinfeld for June, totally! and Mitch Hewer as Day. It would be the best! But I hope they could act really good because I'm not watching a movie for just a pretty face. I made that big mistake with the Lightning Thief movie.

Jennifer Cross Dylan O'Brien as Day and Shailene Woodley as June and Willow Shields as Tess. just maybe

message 19: by Rin (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rin Kiernan Shipka as Tess for sure!
And BooBoo stewart would be a cool day
Hailee Steinfeld for June

message 20: by Emma (new) - rated it 1 star

Emma Mitch Hewer? What the hell???? Why would he be a good Day?

Ninia Cataag Emma wrote: "Mitch Hewer? What the hell???? Why would he be a good Day?"
Its because he's blonde maybe plus he kinda look like a Day, he just needs a badass suit and he's done.

message 22: by Emma (new) - rated it 1 star

Emma He's like mid 20's.

Gloria Dawodu Ninia wrote: "Gloria wrote: "Edward wrote: "I don't want the director to mess it up like City of Bones and Sea of Monsters."

yeah although sea of monsters was an improvement compared to lightning theif i still ..."

Lol yeah i really liked divergent, i can still see why you don't like sea of monsters, it was like an attempt to salvage their shameful adaption but it was still a miss. They should have left it at the first one since they'd already done a lot of damage.

message 24: by Angel (new)

Angel Victoria Justice would be good for june. She looks the june in one of the pictures marie lu drew. She also looks pretty good in a ponytail ; )

message 25: by Adam (new) - rated it 3 stars

Adam Alexander Angel wrote: "Victoria Justice would be good for june. She looks the june in one of the pictures marie lu drew. She also looks pretty good in a ponytail ; )"

I think she'd look the part, but would she be credible? Her image is kind of cute and cuddly and June is... not! I guess I don't know how good an actor she is. If she can act the part, I think she'd be awesome. I do vaguely recall seeing her playing a mean female boxer once in an episode of iCarly!

Diana Braxton James wrote: "I don't want the director to mess it up like City of Bones and Sea of Monsters."

City of Bones wasn't really that bad, but the Percy Jackson movies were terrible!

Alexandra Rain Adelyn wrote: "James wrote: "I don't want the director to mess it up like City of Bones and Sea of Monsters."

City of Bones wasn't really that bad, but the Percy Jackson movies were terrible!"

I thought that the second one was kinda funny, but still waaaay off plot

Alexandra Rain Christina, it's a pretty good movie but they didn't do a good job casting Peter, Al, or Will. But they followed the plot really well!

message 29: by Emma (new) - rated it 1 star

Emma Peter, Al or Will?

Alexandra Rain They all looked a lot alike

Alexandra Rain It kinda lost me at the second book, but i was reading it before it became really popular.

Kevin Renzo Isabelle Fuhrman will be the best june FOR ME :)

Amanda For me personally Id like unknown actors for June an Day. If not Ryan Potter or Leo Howard can play Day and for June I'd still like an unknown

message 34: by Kristinaruiz (new)

Kristinaruiz I'd like to be June !! It would be just incredible , a dream . The serie Legend is the one i prefer.

message 35: by Gloria (last edited Dec 21, 2014 09:52AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gloria Dawodu Hey you guys should read Marie Lu"s new book the Young Elites. I personally really liked it, check it out, the sequel comes out next year in October unfortunately :(

Brandon Book Nerd Guys, Marie Lu was recently interviewed, and she said that while they need to change some small parts of the plot for new excitement, she promised that the movie will stay true to the book. So I'm assured that the movie will be awesome :-)

message 37: by Ari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ari Ryan Potter for Day and unknown for June. I hope they get good actors who for their ethnicity in the books because that Legend series is diverse. I'd love see them finally bringing that especially as the main leads

Lorelei Gloria wrote: "I definitely think booboo stewart should play day, a lot of people fail to realize that day is half Mongolian and half Caucasian, so he's not gonna look like your typical white boy or asian. Booboo..."
YYYYYYEEEESSSSSSS

message 39: by Emmy (new)

Emmy Hall Eileena wrote: "I hope I not intruding I randomly clicked a site while looking for the different people the legend fans wanted casted as Day and June. I just wanted to say I strongly want Hailee Stienfeld as June,..."

That's Ryan Potter photoshopped with blonde hair and blue eyes. I made that edit because I think Ryan Potter is the perfect Day in looks, ethnicity, skill and talent.

message 40: by Mia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mia Just finished reading the books and I really like it and I hope it will be on the big screen like maze runner. hopefully Odeya Rush gets to be June Iparis. Im fine with Austin Butler as Day. He has blue eyes and straight blonde hair like Day. Lets just forget about his Asian/mongolian blood because an asian guy with blonde hair and blue eyes is an anime character.

message 41: by Emmy (new)

Emmy Hall Mia wrote: "Just finished reading the books and I really like it and I hope it will be on the big screen like maze runner. hopefully Odeya Rush gets to be June Iparis. Im fine with Austin Butler as Day. He has..."

You know, actors don't have to naturally look like the characters they play on screen. That's why they're actors. Appearance can change. The author describes Day as part Asian and there ARE actors out there who are half Asian who can change their hair colour and wear contacts. Ryan Potter, Booboo Stewart, Xihuaru Kilcher just to name a few. It's not like hair colour and eye colour is hard to change, actors do it all the time. So yeah, doesnt only exist in anime and it IS important to get ethnicities right in casting.

message 42: by Mia (last edited Jan 19, 2016 06:45AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mia Emmy wrote: "Mia wrote: "Just finished reading the books and I really like it and I hope it will be on the big screen like maze runner. hopefully Odeya Rush gets to be June Iparis. Im fine with Austin Butler as..."

I dont really care much about how they would look or who they choose to play the part though I admit that the actors are a big impact should they decide to push through the movie. As long as the main characters have chemistry then I think thats good enough. Im Asian and I dont like seeing asian actors on screen for some reason i myself dont even understand lol aaaand im also crushing on odeya rush thats why haha and yes, i get your point.

Samantha You guys really don't understand that Day is half Mongolian and and half Caucasian. June is Native American, Latina, and Caucasian. Think this through before y'all start wishing for actors who don't fit these requirements.

Prisha Ryan Potter as Day!! Just google “Ryan Potter blonde” and you will see what I mean. I think he’s perfect for the part

message 45: by Mia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mia its been so long though i think this would no longer happen

eating acid I came in here with no opinions lmao... but after looking at everyone's posts I gotta say

Booboo Stewart as Day
Hailee Steinfeld as June
Kiernan Shipka as Tess

would be the cast of my dreams

message 47: by Mia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mia i like that too

bookworm12 reading theese chats makes me wonder, I know that movies take a lonnng time to make but they need to hurry up. I mean 3 yrs is just too long of a wait. and i dont really care who the actors are. weather its and big name fan favorite or someone new as long as they can pull of their characters and have chemistry.

message 49: by Mia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mia that is true i totally agree with you bookworm12. its been so long though. losing hope here

message 50: by Prisha (last edited Apr 08, 2018 03:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Prisha bookworm12 wrote: "reading theese chats makes me wonder, I know that movies take a lonnng time to make but they need to hurry up. I mean 3 yrs is just too long of a wait. and i dont really care who the actors are. we..."

I completely agree. Obviously, we all have our favorite fan castings, but all I want to see the book come to life through the screen. I don’t care whether there’s a famous face or not.