Teen Writers' Club discussion

Works > Audrey's Works

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Audrey, Author of Wings of Deception (new)

Audrey ~AudgPaudg~ (audgpaudg) | 40 comments Mod
Here is where I shall post my works of books and such.

message 2: by Audrey, Author of Wings of Deception (last edited Dec 01, 2013 10:40AM) (new)

message 3: by Audrey, Author of Wings of Deception (new)

Audrey ~AudgPaudg~ (audgpaudg) | 40 comments Mod
Prologue

“Vera!” Francis shook me awake. “Vera, wake up!”
I jumped up, “I’m up! I’m up! What is it?” I turned to the clock. “It’s three in the morning.” I rubbed the sleep from my eyes. “Or is it in the afternoon.” I glanced around the square room.
“L-look at your arm!” Francis pointed with a hand slick with… blood? His blue eyes were wide with fear.
I glanced down at my arm, where blood was gushing. Have I been stabbed or something? “Francis, what’s going on?” I stood up, but my legs collapsed in protest and I fell back down on my bed.
He swallowed and peered out the window, “I think we’re under attack.” The honesty in his voice made me shudder. “Do you want to look?”
“Why in this City of Porta would I want to look?” I wobbled unsteadily over to the window at the bottom of my bed. It really was a warzone out there. People were screaming, houses were burning, and gunshots were firing off and racketing of the walls of the buildings. The first thing that came to my mind was “Rebels?”
Francis replied, “I don’t know, but I should be out there with them. It doesn’t look too good out there.” A sudden realization crossed his face, “If someone shot you, then they’re still in the house.” He began to walk towards the door.
I grabbed my older brother’s arm. “No, Francis. You’re unarmed.”
He knelt down and kissed my forehead. “Vera, our kind is much stronger than you think. I know what I’m doing,” he said in almost a whisper.
Confusion stumped me. “Our kind? I thought we worked with the rebels. I thought we were hu—”
He quickly put a finger to his lips to hush me, as if I was too loud. With that he snapped two beautiful white wings open. “Nope, just half human. But don’t tell anyone. Not a rebel or even the government.” He winked then rushed out the bedroom door with haste.
I screamed, “No! Francis!” All of my questions weren’t answered. Did I have those wings too? “Francis, what does half human supposed to mean?”
“I’ll explain later!” And that’s when I heard the final gunshot.