Mrs. Gallagher's Book Group 2013-2014 discussion

Laurie Halse Anderson
This topic is about Laurie Halse Anderson
Final Book Review: Twisted

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julia (last edited Nov 29, 2013 05:03PM) (new)

Julia | 4 comments There is truly no way to describe this book other than twisted. This novel is disgustingly riveting and intense. It's the story of a possibly realistic situation with a, well, twisted solution. Tyler is challenged daily with relentless bullies, rumors, annoying little sisters, and Bethany. He's trying to get through his senior year without getting arrested again. He's beyond challenged with his AP courses and his parents arguing unremittingly. All this pressure will test his limits and he can only turn to one person, Yoda. Seriously, that's his best friend who also happens to be into Tyler's fourteen year-old sister. Anyone who has faced an unexplainably difficult challenge in life will relate this heart racing plot. This warped tale shows teens at their most unbearable, but it also shows adults at their worst. This novel shows loyalty and compassion but also shares intense and graphic moments. It will make you stop and think about choices and about life. At times I felt anger and sadness, Laurie Halse Anderson grabbed every emotion that Tyler was experiencing and forced it onto me. It was a powerful read and it affected me deeply. However, I find I enjoy a book so much more if it affects me. Therefore, this novel was fantastic. Anderson has outdone herself and I'm excited to try more of her work. I encourage others to read "Twisted" and her other novels as well.

message 2: by Bridgette (new)

Bridgette Gallagher | 27 comments Mod
She is a great author. I don't think I ever read this one but liked four other books I read by her.