The Filipino Group discussion

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > [F2F Book Discussions] December 2013: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling | Moderator: Blue and Cary

Comments Showing 1-50 of 472 (472 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

message 1: by Alexa (last edited Dec 15, 2013 07:43AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alexa (codenameblue) | 935 comments Homework:
(view spoiler)

Links:
(view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

If you can see this thread, it means that you are officially accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry! Congratulations!

I am Professor Blue, deputy headmistress of this esteemed institution. Together with my fellow deputy headmistress, Professor Cary, we will be guiding you throughout your first year as a Hogwarts student, which begins December 1.

This will be the curriculum for the month:

Week 1 (Dec. 1-7) Chapters 1-6
Week 2 (Dec. 8-14) Chapters 7-11
Week 3 (Dec. 15-21) Chapters 12-17

If you are ready to be the best witch or wizard you can be, you only have to say the following spell for your registration (as it happens, these are the first few lines of the school song!) (view spoiler)

Hogwarts, Hogwarts, hoggy warty Hogwarts
Teach us something please
Whether we be old and bald
Or young with scabby knees!

Please accomplish this as soon as possible, preferably by December 3, 11:59PM. If you see this late, you can still join, but you get to experience everything later than everyone else.
This is crucial for the later activities to be activated, some of which will be sent to you by owl, so be sure to check your mail box as well. In the meantime, I shall say:
Nitwit! Oddment! Blubber! Tweak!

(view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

Aldrin (fullybooked) | 223 comments ^_^

Cary (forestercary) | 1370 comments Thanks Prof. Blue!
Welcome to Hogwarts,my dear students!

Louize (thepagewalker) | 1830 comments Eeeep! :)

Monique (attymonique) | 2126 comments Love love love the owl drawings, Headmistresses! <3

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments I really should be asleep now (because I've been going to bed at 5am the past two nights mornings, as I mentioned earlier), but I just want to say this: Eee. Can't believe this is really happening. Hihi.

:D

Ranee | 1902 comments Owl...trolling...hoot! Hoot! (Would it matter if I say I'm a hooter?)

Meliza (mecawish) | 720 comments I love this thread. I actually sang the school song. Hahaha. Thanks for accepting me to Hogwarts. Excited!

message 10: by Alexa (last edited Nov 30, 2013 04:25PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alexa (codenameblue) | 935 comments Students, you actually have to sing the school song so you can complete your enrollment and unlock the next activities! (You will know once you have unlocked them. Hihi.)

On another note, I am SO excited to have you all here <3

Bonus:
Because you're all going back to Hogwarts now, I recommend you watch/listen to this ^___^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmwM_A...

message 11: by Zim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zim (zimdelapena) | 171 comments YEY!!! :)

message 12: by Tin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tin (rabbitin) | 560 comments Merlin's Beard! *excited* Hold on to your hippogriffs! ^-^

message 13: by Tina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments Haha! Of course I didn't read what I need to do for the first assignment. (I've always done this in Muggle school. No wonder I get my assignments mixed up sometimes. :D)

Aaron Vincent (aaronvincent) | 2053 comments Hogwarts, Hogwarts, hoggy warty Hogwarts

Slytherin, slytherin, the victory is ours.
Kneel and submit to our dominance
Or you'd die of the killing curse!

Bennard | 730 comments A decade later, the letter finally arrives!

message 16: by Tin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tin (rabbitin) | 560 comments Someone must have used the Confundus Charm on me so I wasn't able to properly read the first assignment. Haha. :)

message 17: by Meliza (last edited Nov 30, 2013 11:43PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Meliza (mecawish) | 720 comments Hogwarts, Hogwarts, hoggy warty Hogwarts

Okay, now I sang it again...

Alexa (codenameblue) | 935 comments Yay students!!! <3

Tina: This reminds me of that time when I misread instructions and came for a Herbology (view spoiler) exam a day early, haha!
Aaron: *snorts* That doesn't even rhyme.
Bennard: Your owl was probably intercepted :o But it's never too late!
Tin: That's quite alright! What matters is you're now enrolled, yay <3
Meliza: What tune did you sing this to? :))

Meliza (mecawish) | 720 comments Blue: I made up the tune. I don't know, maybe I patterned the first line with a nursery rhyme but I can't name it. The remaining three lines, it's like I'm just chanting. Haha.

Gwaxa | 350 comments Hogwarts, Hogwarts, hoggy warty Hogwarts

Spell excited! And it's time for my yearly re-read, too.
:D

message 21: by Veronica (last edited Dec 01, 2013 02:53PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Veronica | 734 comments Hogwarts, Hogwarts, hoggy warty Hogwarts

Thank you, thank you, oh to be enrolled!
I’d do anything to leave my cupboard cold
My work I’ll do, for you I aim to please,
The wretched Dursleys, I promise not to tease.

To the Slytherin up there: mine rhymes, haha *chanelling Hermione* :D

Questian (sakurastrife) | 922 comments Hogwarts, Hogwarts, hoggy warty Hogwarts

Yeah for Blue and Cary!

Mabelle Ortega | 139 comments Hogwarts, Hogwarts, hoggy warty Hogwarts

Super duper like!!!!

Janus the Erudite Artist (jveruditeartist) | 230 comments Hogwarts, Hogwarts, hoggy warty Hogwarts

Uhmm... *shyly raises hand* M-may I take part? :)

message 25: by Louize (last edited Dec 02, 2013 04:28AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Louize (thepagewalker) | 1830 comments Here's trying...

Hogwarty party, wobbly all nighty!
Eager to Accio and Crucio,
and might do it quickly!

message 26: by Zim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zim (zimdelapena) | 171 comments Hogwarts, Hogwarts, hoggy warty Hogwarts

First assignment, DONE! HAHA! :)

Monique (attymonique) | 2126 comments Hogwarts, Hogwarts, hoggy warty Hogwarts

Ravenclaw, Ravenclaw,
We'll leave them all in awe;
With cleverness, wisdom and wit
We shall never know defeat!

Questian (sakurastrife) | 922 comments <(",)< ^(",)^ >(",)> ^(",)^

message 29: by Phoebe (new) - added it

Phoebe Andamo (phoibee) | 149 comments Hogwarts, Hogwarts, hoggy warty Hogwarts
Teach us something pleaaaase
Or young with scabby kneeeeeeeeeeeeeees~!
♪───O(≧∇≦)O────♪

message 30: by Cary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cary (forestercary) | 1370 comments Hello students! I hope you're having fun at Hogwarts.

Speaking of homework, I'm giving you another one. In addition to the reading assignment we've given you for the first week, here are the discussion questions for part 1:

1. The first two chapters of book tell us something about Harry Potter's strange childhood experiences. Can you tell us something about your weirdest childhood experience?

2. Tell us something about your ultimate dream or wish when you were a child?

Angus (angusmiranda) | 4337 comments Hogwarts, Hogwarts, hoggy warty Hogwarts

(view spoiler)

Monique (attymonique) | 2126 comments BUDDY: (view spoiler)

Angus (angusmiranda) | 4337 comments Buddy: Seryoso! Nagulat ako na ang daming new messages, at nang binasa ko sila, I was like, uhm, okay? Ako lang yata ang hindi maka-relate (Hello Doc! Hello Alona!)

Gwaxa | 350 comments @Angus: Ang funny ng spoiler. Nyahahahaha. Pero okay lang yan. ;)

Questian (sakurastrife) | 922 comments @Angus!! Ang saya saya! natawa ako ng sobra... Panalo!!

message 36: by Alexa (last edited Dec 01, 2013 11:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alexa (codenameblue) | 935 comments
Deputy Headmistress Memo #1

Re: Classes

New students! Welcome!

If you haven't noticed it yet, I added another link at the top. This is where you shall be having your classes. Your subjects will be different each time, and they are usually posted Tuesdays and Fridays, except for the last lesson, which will be posted on Thursday instead to give you time to cram before your Finals on Dec. 21, SATURDAY (block off that date!).

For more information, just visit this thread!

On another note, you only have 1 day, 8 hours, and about 20 minutes left to register (if you haven't yet)! Class list over at the classes thread will be continually updated until midnight of December 4. All students who were able to enroll will then be able to go on to Sorting, and earn points for their Houses with each homework/task/activity/guide question answered. If you haven't enrolled, you may still partake of all the activities, but would you really want to miss the House Cup competition? I didn't think so.

Oh, and if you checked out the chapters for the reading assignments each week, you'll notice that we should have Sorting by next week. I have been asked by several people how this will go, but all I have to say is that we shall be having our own system of Sorting, for uniformity. I shall be sending owls by the end of the enrollment period to those who have already registered for specific instructions. General Sorting instructions will be posted here.

It's been really lovely seeing all your comments and attempts at spell-casting. You all have so much potential <3 *I shed a tear jk* Anyway, gotta Apparate. Don't be late for class!

PS I know everything's so confusing and whatnot especially with all the funky dates, so I'm sharing a calendar for visual people like moi.

message 37: by Ycel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ycel | 662 comments Eeeeeeeeekkk! Super Crammer as usual!

Maria Ella (mariaellabetos) | 1351 comments I wanna make habol:

(view spoiler)

Dear headmistresses, please be kind to me. I am not good at these magic spells, and I hope I won't be a drop-out for all those classes because I'm kinda busssyyyyyyy~

Anyways, am I part of the Gryffindor house now? :P

AennA (aennabanana) | 536 comments Hogwarts, Hogwarts, hoggy warty Hogwarts

Aaron Vincent (aaronvincent) | 2053 comments Question! Is the Charms class homework the one DHM Cary posted or iba pa yun?

Meliza (mecawish) | 720 comments That is my question too, professors... And should we answer Prof Cary's homework at the "Hogwarts First Year Classes" thread?

message 42: by Mae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mae (jamaeca) | 330 comments Hogwarts, Hogwarts, hoggy warty Hogwarts

A haiku for you
Cary and Honey Blue Blue
Because I can't rhyme.

Hihi. :P

Lynai | 1188 comments Hogwarts, Hogwarts, hoggy warty Hogwarts

ANGUS: (view spoiler)

Tricia (triciuhhh) | 1752 comments Hogwarts, Hogwarts, hoggy warty Hogwarts

am I doing it right lol

Meliza (mecawish) | 720 comments Lynai: (view spoiler)

message 46: by Lynai (last edited Dec 02, 2013 07:06AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynai | 1188 comments MELIZA: (view spoiler)

Alexa (codenameblue) | 935 comments Aaron and Meliza and everyone else who may be wondering:

All the questions asked here should be answered here unless stated otherwise. Same goes for the other thread. If my Time Turner works brilliantly, I should be able to post the Charms lesson + homework questions by midnight, but only in the Classrooms thread. Anyway, what's sure is that before you rise and shine and get your breakfast at the Great Hall tomorrow, Charms would have been ready. :)

B/N
I love your enthusiasm, guys <3

Rhena | 97 comments Weeeee! I wouldn't miss this for the world (this time)! Thank you, deputy headmistresses! >:D<

message 49: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy (joyabundo) | 80 comments Hogwarts, Hogwarts, hoggy warty Hogwarts

Alexa (codenameblue) | 935 comments Class List updated!!

Also: The Charms lesson is now up! Please read the rules very carefully before answering.

I'm going to say this already before you comment on it: The lessons and the class homework are going to be really easy, psh, but you do have to read to understand them. I'm going to say this now: the top student will get a nice, magical little something by the end of term. How's that for incentive? :D It is also for this reason why Prof. Cary and I will load you with lots of activities, because you really have to earn your points. ;)

ANYWAY. Have fun in your first class, my dears! Don't forget to use spoiler tags in your answers, and post your answers ONLY in the Classes thread.

(view spoiler)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.