The Lost Challenges discussion

Archives - Monthly Challenges > December 'Broaden Your Horizons' Monthly Challenge

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H
'Broaden Your Horizons' Monthly-Mini Challenge
Duration: December 1st-31st 2013

This challenge is an ongoing monthly mini-challenge to help us step out of a rut we might be in. Let's not just be well-read, let's be well-rounded as well. :)

Your Horizons

To the East: Read a book that is outside of your favorite genre or sub-genre. (i.e., if you usually read fantasy then read a thriller, if you usually read non-fiction then read fiction, if you usually read romance then read a mystery, etc.)

To the West: Read an author that is new to you. (This can be any genre, either what you normally read or something completely new to you.)

message 2: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 2504 comments I totally failed in November but I'm going to try again for December.

READ: 0/2

To the East: International author.
Flesh by Khanh Ha - Khanh Ha

To the West: New author.
Starfire Angels (Starfire Angels Dark Angel Chronicles, #1) by Melanie Nilles - Melanie Nilles

message 3: by Suzanne (last edited Dec 11, 2013 12:33PM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 1513 comments The Lost Challenges
December 'Broaden Your Horizons' Monthly Challenge
Duration:
12/1/2013 - 12/31/2013

Progress: 2 out of 2

To the East: Read a book that is outside of your favorite genre or sub-genre. (i.e., if you usually read fantasy then read a thriller, if you usually read non-fiction then read fiction, if you usually read romance then read a mystery, etc.):
Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything by Steven D. Levitt - ***** - 12/11/2013

To the West: Read an author that is new to you. (This can be any genre, either what you normally read or something completely new to you.):
How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks - ***** - 12/5/2013

How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1) by Kerrelyn Sparks Freakonomics A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything (Freakonomics, #1) by Steven D. Levitt

message 4: by Turtlefrog (last edited Dec 16, 2013 11:15AM) (new)

Turtlefrog To the East: Read a book that is outside of your favorite genre or sub-genre. (i.e., if you usually read fantasy then read a thriller, if you usually read non-fiction then read fiction, if you usually read romance then read a mystery, etc.)
Awakened (Vampire Awakenings, #1) by Brenda K. Davies 12/14/13

To the West: Read an author that is new to you. (This can be any genre, either what you normally read or something completely new to you.)
Alluring Turmoil (Bayou Stix, #1) by Skye Turner by Skye Turner 12/2/13

message 5: by Penni (last edited Dec 31, 2013 05:54AM) (new)

Penni | 1284 comments Mod
Your Horizons

To the East: Read a book that is outside of your favorite genre or sub-genre. (i.e., if you usually read fantasy then read a thriller, if you usually read non-fiction then read fiction, if you usually read romance then read a mystery, etc.)

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - 12/31

Firelight (Darkest London, #1) by Kristen Callihan - 12/17

Nothing like finishing just on the deadline.

message 6: by Barbara ★ (last edited Dec 31, 2013 04:40AM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 2504 comments READ: 1/2

To the East: International author.
Flesh by Khanh Ha - Khanh Ha (I tried to read this but gave up at 60 pages or so.)

To the West: New author.
Starfire Angels (Starfire Angels Dark Angel Chronicles, #1) by Melanie Nilles - Melanie Nilles 12/15