What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA teenage girl with a crazy stalker [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 3 comments I read this book that was shelved in the young adult section of my library. It was super scary and intense and I would really like to find it again. I can't remember any of the characters' names, and I couldn't find anything through Google. It was published before 2008. The plot revolves around a girl in high school, who starts dating a new student, who eventually shows his true colors and stalks her obsessively. Some things I remember (WARNING: pretty much all spoilers):

-Towards the beginning, girl is dared at school by her friends to talk to the new guy, and they kiss
-She goes to his house and they hang out in his basement (I think his parents were wealthy). She gets woozy and wakes up later not remembering what happened in the basement, and it comes to light later that he has drugged her, sexually assaulted or raped her, and possibly taken pictures of her
-At some point in the book, the protagonist finds or is shown compromising pictures of another girl that he has done the same thing to
-She must break up with him somehow, because the next thing I remember is that he starts stalking her
-There's a scene where she's at home and he shows up and leaves something (a birthday card?) on the door to her apartment
-Because he knows where she lives, she feels she can't go home, so there's a period of at least a couple of days where she's homeless. During this time, she gets caught stealing from a bakery or coffee shop.
-There's another scene near the end where she goes into the girls' bathroom at school to try and hide and he's in there already and talks to her over the stall
-She might get advice from a counselor at school
-I think at the end, she goes to the police, with the idea that if he does it to another girl, the police will know it's not the first time

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 3 comments bump

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38140 comments Mod
Elizabeth, are you still looking for this?

Miss.Always.Reading.Books (missilovereadingbooks) | 51 comments I'm pretty sure it's called Leslie's Journal

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Here's the link for MissLoveReadingBooks' suggestion of Leslie's Journal by Allan Stratton.

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 3 comments MissLoveReadingBooks wrote: "I'm pretty sure it's called Leslie's Journal"

I think you're right! Thank you!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Leslie's Journal (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Allan Stratton (other topics)