Mrs. Gallagher's Book Group 2013-2014 discussion

Final Book Review

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sophie (new)

Sophie Kelly | 3 comments I would recommend "Paper Towns" to everyone and anyone, it's an incredible novel. The story is about senior Q (Quentin) Jacobsen as he finishes his final year of high school. Well, that and his insane search for the illusive and intriguing Margo Roth Speigelman, the girl Q's been in love with forever. After she is announced missing Q decides it's his responsibility to find her, finally he can be Margo's hero. Q believes Margo left clues specifically for him to follow in order to locate her. Q and his friends eventually get caught up in the fantastic experience that is Margo's world as they attempt to track her down. The story's highlights include: revenge on the school's antagonizers, a break-in at Sea World and an abandoned mini-mall, finishing with a suspenseful road trip with a serious time limit. "Paper Towns" is definitely a story that can easily come to life through the reader's imagination. John Green has out done himself with each novel and "Paper Towns" is certainly no exception. The book is hilarious, sarcastic, beautiful, and everything a teen novel should be. Not only that, but there is a deeper message in the text: There are a thousand ways to live your life, but choose carefully because it will define you and the way you live your life. To John Green fans reading this make sure "Paper Towns" is the next book of his you read if you haven't. To people who have yet to discover John Green: Make this book your first of his, you will not be disappointed. I can guarantee that readers will fall in love with Q and his story. "I spy with my little eye a great story." This direct quote from the book sums up exactly what "Paper Towns" is, a phenomenal novel. I know I loved "Paper Towns" and I hope you all will give it a try.

message 2: by Bridgette (new)

Bridgette Gallagher | 27 comments Mod
I started it but had trouble staying with it, I don't know why. I tend to like books that start out really serious and I think sometimes when they are a little light and fluffy in the beginning, I don't get interested enough.

It is still in my reading pile though, my neverending reading pile!