The Mortal Instruments {Roleplay} discussion

The Institute > Training Room

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) | 304 comments Mod

message 2: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) Darcelle followed John into the final room, the last stop on this mini tour of the Institute. It was a nice training room. Mats, practice dummies, targets, and an entire wall covered with various weapons. She could deal with this.

message 3: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

"And, as you most likely guessed, this is the training room," John said to her. He had kept his hands in his pockets the whole time, not taking them out once. "My favorite place."

message 4: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) Darcelle let her eyes sweep the room once more, and then she turned on her heels to face him. "Why your favorite?"

message 5: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

John shrugged, looking at her. "It's a good place to take out anger," he told her. He didn't give her the whole reason, just that sentence. It was all she would need to know. Besides, why would she be interested in why it was his favorite?

message 6: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) "Fair enough." Just as with all Darcelle's other questions about anything personal, John answered ambiguously. It wasn't any different from what she would have said, however, and so she couldn't blame him. She padded over to a rack of swords and took one slowly, testing the balance and weight.

message 7: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Watching her, John took his hands out of his pockets and leaned on the walls, crossing his arms. "So, what do you think? Better or worse than the one you had back home, or the same?"

message 8: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) Darcelle shrugged. "A little heavy for my personal taste; the balance is very nice, but a little weighted towards the tip." She put it back in its spot and turned around. "As to better or worse... Neither. I can use it. This simply wouldn't be my top choice."

message 9: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

((You know what sucks? No notification.))

John smirked slightly, "Good to know. Now, what do you think of the Institute?" he asked, restating his previous question. He seemed more at ease than when he'd first met her at the doors, but was still closed off, though that was normal for him. It took a while to earn his trust, Shadowhunter or not.

message 10: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) ((YES.))

"Large. Empty. Not exactly what I was expecting," Darcelle said honestly, shrugging. A little bit of tension rolled of her shoulders. "Different."

message 11: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

John thought about her answer for a moment, then shrugged. "Makes enough sense," he decided aloud, talking mostly to himself.

message 12: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) "We didn't have an Institute in Marseille- out house was the base. I expected something... larger than life, almost." She was starting to relax a little, opening up.

message 13: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

"I bet your house had more people in it than this place," John told her, fighting a sigh. Over a hundred rooms and less than fifty Shadowhunters lived in the Institute.

message 14: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) "Three people year round, but up to 25 at any given time? Want to rethink that statement?" Darcelle said with a slight laugh.

message 15: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

((Gotta go.))

message 16: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) ((Bye!))

message 17: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

John smiled slightly at her answer. "Probably," he admitted, actually letting out a small laugh.

message 18: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) Darcelle nodded knowingly. "So how many Shadowhunters are usually here?"

message 19: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Shrugging, John answered, "I don't count." Then, adding onto his answer, he explained, "We usually have the Head of the Institute, their family, if they have any that are Shadowhunters, then the locals, and not all of them stay here."

message 20: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) Darcelle nodded. "Sounds like every other Institute I've been in. I thought New York would have more people, though."

message 21: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

"Nah," John said, shaking his head. "Honestly, it's mostly Downworlders. Vampires, fey, warlocks, and wolves."

message 22: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) "I'm going to have to take a day and get lost in New York," Darcelle mused.

message 23: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

"That might be so pleasant if you wander into Hotel Dumort," John warned her.

message 24: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) "Hotel Dumort? Do tell," Darcelle asked with interest.

message 25: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

((GTG.))

message 26: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) ((Bye!))

message 27: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

John shrugged, explaining, "There's not much to tell." He walked over to the wall with the weapon and examined one of the daggers, then put it back. "It's a rundown hotel that the vampires use as their base."

message 28: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) "I'll be careful not to go in, then," Darcelle replied, glancing out the window for a second.

message 29: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

"Probably a good idea." John took one of the sword in his hands, testing the balance. Then he looked over at her and did something he hadn't done yet. He grinned. "Would you like to duel?"

message 30: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) A slow smile spreading over her face, Darcelle tilted her head. "Why not?"

message 31: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

"I hope that's a yes, because I'm starting to get bored." John gestured to the wall and all of the different types of blade on it. "Select your weapon. As long as it is not a gun."

message 32: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) Darcelle ran her fingers over a few swords before sliding one of its rack and testing the weight and blance. She turned back to face him, blade held loosely at ready. "It is a yes."

message 33: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

John nodded, still grinning faintly. "Good," he said, adjusting his posture and stance. His facial expression went serious as he gestured for her to come at him.