Between the Lines discussion

Recommendations, please!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Danielle (Love at First Page) Looking for some good contemporary fiction books with love stories, like Atonement, The Time Traveler's Wife, A Very Long Engagement, Water for Elephants,The House at Riverton, The Red Scarf, Cold Mountain, and the Outlander series.

Please no Nicholas Sparks, though. And anything with a little mystery would be great as well.

Thanks!

message 2: by Elena (last edited Jun 19, 2009 06:53AM) (new)

Elena You may like this one The Shadow of the Wind, it has both, romance and mystery.

message 3: by Sandra (last edited Jun 22, 2009 06:13AM) (new)

Sandra (sanddune) The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society. Interesting characters, well filled in, has everything. Only sorry writer died just prior to completion so will be no more my her. Her niece did finish it seamlessly so perhaps she will write her own books.

message 4: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (sianin) You may like a book called Blessed Are the Cheesemakers If I remember, it had a romance in it and it was a pretty easy read. However, I did not like her next book something about bread...

Petra has the Chinese gift that keeps on giving (petra-x) Have you read any J.D. Robb? She writes mysteries/romance under that name and just romance under Nora Roberts?

message 6: by Celeste (new)

Celeste (celestelueck) | 2 comments I'd agree with The Shadow of the Wind and I'd add The 13th Tale and Carter Beats the Devil by Glen David Gold(a little known book, but one of the best in my opinion).

If you're interested in mysteries my best recommendation would be Chasing the Devil's Tail by David Fulmer, again not very well known but worth the search.

Enjoy, Celeste