City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Bones discussion

Omg guys!!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Saf Hi! Sorry about the title I just needed your attention!

Does anyone know of any books similar to this series and the infernal devices series? I like the whole werewolf/vampire/warlock thing but it has to be light like this one is!

Any recommendations??

Thanks xo

Kayla No sorry, but maybe Cassandra Clare's new series, The Dark Artifices, is coming out I think in 2014 and it's about shadowhunters and hunting demons like the Mortal Instruments- in fact, I think it is about someone else who's parents died because of Valentine. I hope this helps :P

Cate The Summoning (Darkest Powers series) is good and fairly light. :)

Marit Witucki The House of Night Series is all I can think of right now.

Nellie ☾ Try the Shadow Falls series by CC Hunter.
First book: Born at Midnight (Shadow Falls, #1) by C.C. Hunter

I haven't started on that yet, but GR recommended it to me.

Marit Witucki Fallen is the first book in a series and I don't remember what it is called and it deals with angels/demons/etc. It is really good. I'm sorry I can't tell you much more information on it.

Miriam The Raised by Wolves (Raised by Wolves, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes series by Jennifer Lynn Barnes might be something you enjoy :) You should check it out!

message 8: by Ariana (last edited Dec 01, 2013 02:13PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ariana i LOVED the hush hush series. It is also about angels.
and then Vampire Academy is absoutley amazing!!! I love it as much as TMI/TID and that is obviously about vampires, but has such a unique take on it. you'll love it!

Saf Thanks everyone! Keep them coming! I've read the Hush Hush series and really enjoyed it! I just started reading Vampire Academy (I'm not too keen on vampires but at least these ones don't sparkle) I like it so far! We'll see how it goes!

Nikita Vampire Academy and it's sequel series Bloodlines are my favorite.

message 12: by J.D. (new) - rated it 4 stars

J.D. Field i wrote a series that's a bit like it :)

Amanda Veronica wrote: "Book of Shadows (Sweep, #1) by Cate Tiernan"

Those books are sooo amazing!!!

Megan Veronica wrote: "Book of Shadows (Sweep, #1) by Cate Tiernan"

LOVE this series!!

Other books I can think of are
The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Firespell (Dark Elite, #1) by Chloe Neill Something Witchy This Way Comes (Something Witchy, #1) by Veronica Blade Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee

message 15: by Erika (last edited Jan 03, 2014 04:40PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Erika Hébert Do you mean light as in the page number or content? Either way, I don't think that this book was light at all.
But here are my favorite vampire/werewolf/magic books:
Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1) by Julie Kagawa The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1) by Jennifer Estep Switched (Trylle, #1) by Amanda Hocking Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins Don't Expect Magic (Magic, #1) by Kathy McCullough The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan Dealing with Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #1) by Patricia C. Wrede Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore