Chicks On Lit discussion

Archive 08-19 GR Discussions > I found "Poisonwood Bible" at a great price!

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wild for Wilde (new)

Wild for Wilde (wildforwilde) I was looking for a good place to buy the "Poisonwood Bible" we are reading this month and I stumbled across this website: www.booksonboard.com. They have really reasonable prices and I have come to enjoy the convenience of eBooks. Here’s the link in case anyone is interested: http://www.booksonboard.com/index.php...

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa I got even luckier and found it last night at the Goodwill for 99 cents!

message 3: by Wild for Wilde (new)

Wild for Wilde (wildforwilde) Nice!

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa I thought so--even tho' my daughter was giving me a hard time for buying more books since I just bought five on Tuesday. But at 99 cents a book, you can't just walk by them!

message 5: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 1774 comments I already have The Poisonwood Bible but I always see it at Goodwill or thrift stores. If anyone needs it, let me know and I will watch for it to send you.

message 6: by Sheila , Supporting Chick (new)

Sheila  | 3485 comments Mod
The Poisonwood Bible is also available is several different versions on PaperbackSwap. I ordered a copy from there.

message 7: by Cyn (new)

Cyn | 258 comments I think this is one of the only oens of Barbara Kindsolver's that I have not read yet. I need to start my own search.

message 8: by Gaijinmama (new)

Gaijinmama | 24 comments Actually, I have a question.
I'm about halfway through Poisonwood Bible and am enjoying it, but it's not a fast read (especially since I'm insanely busy right now! Isn't it awful how real life can cut into your computer and reading time??)
Can we still comment on it even though we're into July now?
Each group has different policies so I thought I'd ask.

message 9: by Sheila , Supporting Chick (new)

Sheila  | 3485 comments Mod
Gaijinmama, that is the great thing about this group. Tera leaves all the old book club discussions up, so anyone can comment on any of them anytime, even months or years later. So feel free to comment on The Poisonwood Bible disussion threads any time. When a person posts on any of the book club discussion threads (even a book from last year) it brings that discussion back to the top of the list, so others can see it.

message 10: by Gaijinmama (new)

Gaijinmama | 24 comments Cool.
I'm quite absorbed by it, to the point of wanting to do a little research on the history of the Congo.
Don't you just love fiction that comes with a Bibliography?!