♥!The Young Adult Book Club!♥ discussion

Suggesting Books > Any YA book recommendations?

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by B∞k (last edited Nov 29, 2013 01:14PM) (new)

B∞k Addicted | 5 comments Do you have any YA book recommendations?
I like reading paranormal, fiction, dystopian, romance (cute romance), sci-fi and fantasy, almost everything id say :)

message 2: by Wren (new)

Wren Figueiro | 15 comments What do you feel like reading? Paranormal? Sci-fi? Dystopian? Cute romance?
My favorites right now include The Infernal Devices, Under the Never Sky, Delirium. Plenty others, just depends what you'd like.

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 187 comments What's your preferred genre?

message 4: by David (new)

David jones | 3 comments I recommend Ashfall and Ashen Winter. They are both dystopian novels about the supervolcano in yellowstone and they are both excellent. The final book comes out in April.

message 5: by B∞k (new)

B∞k Addicted | 5 comments Rachel wrote: "What's your preferred genre?"

Wren wrote: "What do you feel like reading? Paranormal? Sci-fi? Dystopian? Cute romance?
My favorites right now include The Infernal Devices, Under the Never Sky, Delirium. Plenty others, just depends what you'..."

I just edited my post and posted genre :)

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 187 comments Have you read: Divergent? Hunger games? Harry potter? Uglies? Or I am reading right now: Matched? Or on my to-read list: The Selection?
They are all series, some of which not all of the books have been released. I know this was already said but, check people's, read and currently reading list, and look at the rating. Pick out some 4 and 5 star books and your set!

HAPPY READING !!!!! ¡¡¡¡¡ !!!!!

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 60 comments How about: Traffic Jam by Melissa Groeling

message 8: by B∞k (new)

B∞k Addicted | 5 comments Rachel wrote: "Have you read: Divergent? Hunger games? Harry potter? Uglies? Or I am reading right now: Matched? Or on my to-read list: The Selection?
They are all series, some of which not all of the books have..."

I didnt read Divergent, hunger games, harry potter and uglies!

message 9: by Wren (new)

Wren Figueiro | 15 comments For a cute story try The Ex Games by Jennifer Echols, I like most of her earlier books, haven't gotten to the new ones yet. For fantasy, Graceling and Fire by Kristin Cashore are both excellent.

message 10: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Deaton (lesliedeatonbooks) For a teen witch series try The Mercer Legacy by Leslie Deaton.

A Marked Past (The Mercer Legacy, #1) by Leslie Deaton A History Renewed (The Mercer Legacy, #2) by Leslie Deaton A Destiny Unfolds The Mercer Legacy by Leslie Deaton

Book Trailers:
https://www.goodreads.com/videos/list...

message 11: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 187 comments "Rachel wrote: Have you read.."

'Book Addicted wrote: I didnt read Divergent, hunger games, harry potter and uglies!

If you haven't read any of them like you said; I would recommend all of them. Except, the Uglies trilogy was different. The first two books were good/great, the third book okay. But, then a year later they wrote a 4th book called 'Extras' which I wouldn't recommend, it is part of the series but, more like a huge epilogue.

message 12: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments David wrote: "I recommend Ashfall and Ashen Winter. They are both dystopian novels about the supervolcano in yellowstone and they are both excellent. The final book comes out in April."

Ahh LOVE this series too! And Mike Mullin is SO COOL, not only did he read one of my books and write a review for it, but he agreed to come to my YA group here on Goodreads from January 13-19 for a Q&A! AND he's giving away an ARC of Sunrise, the final book in the Ashfall series during the Q&A! How awesome is he? Feel free to stop by and ask him a question in January :)

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 13: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments And great other suggestions all, I love many of the books you mentioned :) I'll add The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater and Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman to the list!

message 14: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 187 comments How do you set up all of these Q & A's? If you don't mind me asking. It's so awesome though, all of the authors coming and providing knowledge for us aspiring young minds!!

message 15: by David (new)

David jones | 3 comments David wrote: "David wrote: "I recommend Ashfall and Ashen Winter. They are both dystopian novels about the supervolcano in yellowstone and they are both excellent. The final book comes out in April."

Ahh LOVE t..."

I know how awesome he is. He came to my library in my city and I went to see him and I got ashfall signed (twice because I had won that on a giveaway and it was signed then) and he gave a karate demonstration where he broke a cement block in half. It was quite awesome.

message 16: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments That's my little secret *raps knuckles against the table* Just kidding :) Honestly, a lot of the credit goes to my Street Team, the Estes Angels! We started a project a few months ago to try to get as many big time authors to come to David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite (https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...) for Q&As. We thought it would be a really cool thing for our 1,800+ members, as well as a fantastic way for the authors to connect with readers and attract some new readers.

Three months later and we've already had so many bestselling authors, and have many more coming on in the future! Essentially all we do is stalk...I mean...follow the authors on their various social networking sites and then contact them to tell them we love their books and to tell them about the group and the Q&A opportunity. Luckily for us, so many authors have been SO GENEROUS with their time! Here's the lineup we've managed to get so far (note the September and November ones are finished):

September:
Barry Lyga (I Hunt Killers)
November:
Jennifer A. Nielsen (The False Prince)
Ilsa J. Bick (Ashes)
Marissa Meyer (Cinder)
December:
Hugh Howey (Wool)
January:
Cristin Terrill (All Our Yesterdays)
Mike Mullin (Ashfall)
Laurie Faria Stolarz (Deadly Little Secret)
February:
Neal Shusterman (Unwind)
Jodi Meadows (Incarnate)
May:
Elizabeth Wein (Code Name Verity)

message 17: by Ames (new)

Ames | 27 comments I think that it mostly depends on what age you are.
When I was younger, I loved The Alchemyst.
For the past few years, some of my favourite books have been The Iron King (paranormal) Anna and the French Kiss (I think the would fit in the 'cute romance category') Firelight (paranormal)and The Selection (dystopian)!

message 18: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments David wrote: "David wrote: "David wrote: "I recommend Ashfall and Ashen Winter. They are both dystopian novels about the supervolcano in yellowstone and they are both excellent. The final book comes out in April..."

That's SO COOL!

message 19: by David (new)

David jones | 3 comments David wrote: "David wrote: "David wrote: "David wrote: "I recommend Ashfall and Ashen Winter. They are both dystopian novels about the supervolcano in yellowstone and they are both excellent. The final book come..."

I know. I cannot wait for Sunrise. Ashen Winter was too good. Left me hanging.

message 21: by Ann (new)

Ann Kemp (annhitekemp) | 14 comments Try SNAP! AND THE ALTER EGO DIMENSION. Go to www.facebook.com/snapandthealteregodi... to read more about the book.

message 22: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (Bookwyrming Thoughts) (bookwyrmingthoughts) | 708 comments I'm more of a fantasy, paranormal and dystopian person. :3

message 23: by Ann (new)

Ann Kemp (annhitekemp) | 14 comments Ok. SNAP! is sci-fi, adventure and a little paranormal. Not Ghosts, but evil alter egos that want to store you forever in their dimension. Real people have to fight them off, or loose.

message 24: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 31 comments Bound (The Crystor, #1) by C.K. Bryant Elfin (The Elfin, #1) by Quinn Loftis Something Witchy This Way Comes (Something Witchy, #1) by Veronica Blade Captured (The Captive, #1) by Erica Stevens Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) by Jamie McGuire Wait for You (Wait for You, #1) by J. Lynn Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout My Wolf's Bane (Shapes of Autumn, #1) by Veronica Blade Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1) by Quinn Loftis Playing for Keeps (Neighbor from Hell, #1) by R.L. Mathewson is a variety of books you might like.