Hiya!

message 2: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments hi

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

So did you have any ideas?

message 4: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments no

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmmmmm, well what have been your favorite types of rps so far?

message 6: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments I've been rping realistic and supernatural. Most are very different from the other. I'm game for whatever.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm usually pretty good at realistic ones.

message 8: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments you come up with the plot?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Sometimes. I may have a few ideas.

1. A girl who is into music meets this guy from a rock band and they start a band together.

2. A girl runs away from her abusive parents when she is taken to a foster home where she meets this guy who is willing to take care of her as his foster sibling.

3. There are also the many high school ones we could do....so yeah.

message 10: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments so romance

message 11: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments I like the 2nd one

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok. Do you want to be the guy or girl?

message 13: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments which do you want to be?

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't have a preference. You pick :)

message 15: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments I'll be the guy... Charas or just jump in?

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Um whichever, I usually like making that charries, but if you don't want to that's cool

message 17: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments charas it is.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Me first?

message 19: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments My question is the brother older? and by how much? college while girl high school?

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah. He would be 19 and she could be 16-17

message 21: by Aimee (last edited Nov 29, 2013 01:09PM) (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments Name: Max Itzl
Personality: Quiet reserved, but very knowledgeable. Quick to fight, yet has learned to keep quiet.
Appearance:

History: His parents were killed in a fire and he's been bullied most of his life. Grew up in Georgia where lived on the streets for almost a year before being adopted by the foster parents. Still keeps his name even after adoption.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Name: Clara Richards

Appearance: description

Personality: Clara is nice, but she feels very insecure and depressed because of her life. She is always avoiding people in fear of becoming too attached and had never had many close relationships with other people. She is also very honest, but careful when speaking because she is afraid of what people are capable of.

History: Clara ran away from her abusive parents since they hardly fed her and beat her all of the time. She grew up unable to understand what it meant to be loved by someone and is constantly doubting people because of it.

message 23: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments you wanna start?

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Clara sat under the bridge waiting for the road to become silent indicating that there were no more cars on the road. It was late and she had been wandering away from her home for hours now. She was about to get up and start walking towards the next town when she heard the rain start to pour around her. This was going to be a long walk.

message 25: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments Max was sitting under the same bridge for a few hours now. He'd been there long before the girl who now started to walk in the pouring rain. Before she got soaked he yelled, "Hey kid!" with that Max threw a folded up umbrella. "I don't have far to go. You need it more than I." Tucked with in the umbrella was $50. Calling back to her as he walked off, "Try to stay dry. I know you're running from something. Instead find something to run to." Now Max was in the cold rain with his clothes drenched. His thin almost anemic arm waved 'goodbye'.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

She blinked up at him uncertain as to why he gave her the umbrella. "Um....a-are you sure it's alright?" she asked before turning to leave. She hated taking people's things from them. She opened up the umbrella and started to look at how far she needed to go. She sighed knowing that she probably looked like a mess.

message 27: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments Max turned to look at the girl before sighing. He really wanted to help him, but then again; was it his place? Calling back to her, "Do you know where you're going?" She seemed lost and looked a mess. He'd offer her a place to sleep if that's what she needed. It was the least he could do. 'Pass on a favor' Anna, his foster mother, would say.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

She paused glancing over her shoulder at him. He could obviously see the mess she had created for herself. She sighed again and shook her head. She didn't care where she ended up, she just needed to get away. And fast. "Do you know where I could find a place to stay?" she asked shyly. She knew she wasn't going to be able to go anywhere else until the rain cleared, and that wasn't going to happen for a while.

message 29: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments Max smiled at her, "Yeah." He walked back over to the girl and said, "I know a place that's warm and safe." He led the girl just down the street to his apartment. It was a small thing, but it would have to work. Turning on the lights, Max stated, "I doubt you have a change of clothes, but you're welcome to use whatever I have. The shower's over there and the bed room is to your left." After the apartment was lit Max stated, "It's pretty small. I hope you don't mind." Max then saw the girl for the first time in the light. She was a real mess and it seemed like she'd been in a fight recently. Trust him, he knew what someone looked like after a fight. With a softer voice he stated, "There's some antiseptic and band-aids above the sink."

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

She nodded a bit reluctant. How was she supposed to trust him? At this point she felt too tired and weary to care anymore. She walked over to him and held the umbrella over them both. "Ok," she said. "It doesn't have to be big at all," she said not wanting him to feel bad for helping her. She knew that he was probably helping her for a reason or motive. But she ignored those thoughts and hoped that he was just a nice person who was truly wanting to help her.

message 31: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments [[so now they're in the apartment...I kinda skipped their walk bc I assumed it would be in silence.]]

Seeing how tired she was Max pulled a towel from the rack and dried her hair. He hoped she wouldn't feel too awkward; he was only trying to help. After getting her somewhat dry, Max pulled out a pair of his old pajamas that were a bit small. Hopefully they'd fit her. He knew they'd be a bit long. He left them on his bed and led the girl to the bed room. "Here's where you'll sleep. Please change out of those damp clothes or you'll catch a cold. Get some rest. You need it." With that Max closed the door to give her privacy.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

(sounds good)

She let out a breath she had been holding out of nervousness when he left. She felt bad that she felt uncomfortable around him but couldn't really help herself. She changed into the pajamas and sat on the bed feeling surprisingly tired even though she was used to getting little amounts of sleep. She lied down wrapping herself up in the warm blankets half expecting him to come in and kick her out, but when that didn't happen she was finally able to let herself relax and fall asleep.

message 33: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments Max lit could hear the steady breathing and smiled knowing that she'd fallen asleep. Now he had a few errands he had to run before he too could go to sleep. Running out of the apartment with his umbrella he picked up a few groceries and hurried back. It was Saturday night and that meant his usual route to get to his apartment would be crowded with 'unlikable' people. Taking another route, Max walked quickly back to his apartment. His head was down and his body hunched over. The last leg was the hardest because he had to pass through some back alleyways. Moving quickly he heard the sound of other people talking about him as he walked. One man even stopped him and asked where he was heading. Upon realizing who he was, the man spat in Max's face. Without a reaction the man let Max pass. He made his way back up to his apartment and locked the door behind him.

He placed the groceries in the refrigerator and then started the shower. The water was cold, but he didn't care. All Max wanted was to wash away the day. He grabbed a tee and sweat pants and then sat down for a late night. His insomnia kicked in and he stayed up most of the night just thinking in the darkness. The only other noise in the apartment was the girl's breathing

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

During the night, Clara tossed and turned feeling the nightmares surge into her mind. She had a dream that her parents found and beat her up, only to drag her by the hair back home. She woke up with a loud scream only to cover her mouth when she realized where she was. She looked around knowing she was at the guy's house that helped her and she took in a deep breath, feeling bad that she probably woke him up. She glanced at the clock and dreaded it even more when she saw that it was in the middle of the night. She lied back down feeling herself shiver trying to fall back asleep and not cause any trouble to get herself kicked out.

message 35: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments Max had just began to doze off when the short shrill awoke him. He rushed into the room with his heart pumping blood through his ears. "WHat's wrong are you alright?" He stammered. Seeing that the girl had a nightmare he wondered what he should do. It was weird to have a complete stranger in his house, but then again she reminded him of his younger years. Obviously there was something wrong. Doing what Anna did when he had nightmares, Max took a seat at the end of the bed and spoke, "It's alright. Nothing can harm you here." With a short pause he added, "I rarely sleep because I have nightmares as well."

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

She glanced at him, tears streaming down her eyes. "I-I'm sorry," she said, "I didn't mean to wake you up..." she stammered knowing that he probably couldn't really understand her very well. When she heard that he too had nightmares, she started to relax a little, it felt better knowing that someone had experienced the same thing that she had. She sighed and felt more comforted seeing him sit there watching over her. "I'm sorry," she said again, but this time in a whisper.

message 37: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments "Don't apologize. It's not your fault." Max reassured her. As she settled back into the bed Max thought that talking would help. He started, "When I was young I lived in Georgia. My family was small. It was just me, my mother and infant sister. My father died during a riot when I was young. We moved often to find work. When I was 14 I saw my mother and infant sister die." He paused slightly before continuing, "The Klan set my temple on fire. I was outside playing with other boys before the fire. I heard them scream; women, children, infants. The few of us that weren't initially inside soon rushed in. I looked but before I got into the sanctuary the roof caved in on top of my family." Max looked at the girl before commenting, "I have nightmares about that fire almost every night. Don't worry about yelling or screaming because I might do the same." With a solemn smile he commented, "And I don't say sorry."

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

She glanced at him with her mouth open at this story. She closed it after a long sigh when she sat up. She was aware that he told her not to say sorry, since it wasn't her fault, but also because he probably didn't want her pity either. So she decided to talk to him since it did make her feel better that someone understood her even though he had it worse off. "How did you get through it?" she asked, "when the memories are too painful?"

message 39: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments Max smiled at her. He didn't expect her to continue the conversation. In all honesty, he expected her to just lay back down and go back to sleep without a word. Max looked at her with a chuckle, "I'm a Jew. I survive against all other odds." He was holding back a laugh then he softened, "At first I was extremely angry and picked fights with whoever I could, but that didn't really solve anything. Instead I usually ended up on the streets with a bloodied lip." Max leaned back on the bed supporting his weight on his arms. "The memories are painful, but we're still here. We can't dwell on the past forever. Instead we can learn from it and move forward. That's what my people have done for hundreds of years anyway." Max smiled it was nice to talk to someone like this. Although there are many sob stories out there, he hated telling his. But with this girl, she seemed to be like him, prideful and strong. She was someone he could open up to without the fear of being judged or pitied.

With a sigh he said, "You can call me Max."

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

She looked up at him, "I'm Clara," she said softly. "Thank you for letting me stay here. I was so afraid of getting caught under the bridge back there that I just panicked. I don't know what I would've done," she admitted looking down. He was such a nice person, that she was glad he told her about himself. It made her believe that there were finally genuine people out there that just wanted to help for the good of humanity, and not because they wanted something in return. It was clear to her that he wasn't going to kick her out, wasn't going to pity her, and most of all, was willing to understand and be there for her. She didn't quite understand it though. Why would a complete stranger take her in when she had parents that were supposed to take care of her? Keep her safe? She sighed unable to understand it all.

message 41: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments Max knew that talking always helped, but wouldn't ask. If she wanted to tell him, it'd be when she was good and ready. "That's a pretty name, Clara," Max commented as he felt himself slouch, "Don't worry, you can stay as long as you need." Max asked, "You going to bed or would you like to do something else? I don't have to get up tomorrow, so if you'd like to stay up." He knew that there was something troubling Clara, but it wasn't his business unless she made it his. It wasn't his place to pry.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

She nodded, "Are you sure?" she asked once again feeling uncertain. She hated throwing her problems on people, but she knew that he had already trusted her with his life, it was time to do the same. "It's a long story...." she said. At first, she paused for a really long time, not knowing if she wanted to continue when she finally got the courage to speak up.

"Ever since I was little, my parents always treated me a bit different from my cousins. At first I thought it was because I was their daughter and that I was supposed to be treated this way, but now I know better." she paused for a moment with a sigh when she continued, "When I turned 11, my mother took me to the store and picked out a nice dress. We got home, and she did my hair, and gave me nice shoes. It was going really well until it was towards the evening. I was expecting to be taken to dinner, like other kids at school said they would do, but my mom locked the door and when my dad came home.....I was alone and I heard him come upstairs to my room....and..and..." she felt the tears stream down her cheeks unable to say the word. She wiped them away, shaking her head at herself for being so weak. "Any ways, it only got worse after that. Eventually, my parents fed me less each day and they started to hit me. I would always blame myself until I was thrown down the stairs. That was when I decided to run away," she said burying her face in her hands.

message 43: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments Max was sincerely appalled by the fact that parents could do that to their own child. Thinking to himself, he didn't know what to say. Her life was very different from his. "Keep your head up kid. You've gotten this far, haven't you?" Gently gliding his thumb under Clara's eye, Max remembered how he'd done the same to his little sister. "We can only move forward." He commented more to himself if anything. Then he got up suddenly and asked, "Well, I'm hungry. What about you? I got a fridge full of food that ain't eating itself." He didn't know if that was the right thing to say so he added, "When I was younger I would go days without food and even water sometimes. Things always seemed to work out though." He smiled to her and got up. Turning on a dull light, Max made his way to the kitchen and pulled out an apple. "What do you want?" He asked with his head still in the white box.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

"I'll try and eat whatever you." have she said grateful that he didn't say anything else. It would've only made her embarrass herself more by crying harder. She slowly stood up and followed him downstairs knowing that she would probably have a hard time keeping anything down in her stomach. But hopefully he had something light that would induce vomiting as well as future hunger. She felt better with him as she thought about how she could've ended up alone under that same bridge waiting for the rain to pass. She remembered, "Why were you at the bridge today?" she asked realizing that he had been there for a while.

message 45: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments [[ps it's a one floor apartment. One main room with one bedroom and one kitchen; think small]]

"No particular reason," Max replied lying through his teeth. It really wasn't something she needed to concern herself with. Pulling out a banana, he began to peal it, "I hope you like fruit. It's good for stomach aches. Not too heavy and it has potassium." As Max finished his apple he handed the banana to Clare. He went over to the couch, "You can sit too. Sorry I don't have a TV. College students don't make much money." He smiled and relaxed a bit. It was about 2 a.m. now and Max began to doze off. He quickly woke himself as a sensation of burning came over him. Maybe one day he'd tell her the whole story, but for now Max just wanted to make her feel at home.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

(Right! Oops)

She hoped she wasn't invading so she immediately dropped the subject. She took the banana and thanked him for what seemed like the hundreth time that day. She sat on the couch and ate quietly ate when she saw him falling asleep. She glanced over at him wondering how much older he was compared to her. He said 'college students' so it couldn't be that much older. She sighed and got up to throw the peel away not wanting to wake him. She walked back in the room unable to tell if he was still asleep since it was dark. SHe then decided it would be best to lie down and try to get some sleep. She shivered a bit but was eventually able to drift off for the rest of the night.

message 47: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments Max awoke later that day. It was about 9 in the morning. Max listened to the bedroom door and only heard the quiet sound of breathing. Clara seemed to be in a deep sleep. Max took this time to do some chores to keep his small apartment clean. After about an hour of cleaning, Max sat down at a small table near the window and opened his Chem. text book and began to study. Looking over his notes, Max grew bored of the subject and decided to pull out his guitar that he stored away and began to play yhei shalom, an old song from his youth. It was a beautiful song that always lifted his spirits. He hoped that it would lift Clara's as well even in her sleep.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Clara stretched and yawned when she finally woke up. She sat up hearing music when she smiled, realizing that the whole incident last night wasn't a dream after all. She walked into the bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror. She still looked like a mess but it didn't bother her today. She felt rejuvenated and strong. She headed downstairs when she saw him playing on his guitar. She moved in carefully not wanting to disturb him when she sat down at the table and watched him. She smiled, he was incredible at it. She closed her eyes and listened to the beats and rhythms feeling happy and calm for the first time in many years.

message 49: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments Max smiled at Clara when she exited the bathroom. It was nice to know that people still enjoyed good music. His window was open and the cool air blew in. It felt nice to have the breeze on his shoulder until someone called up, "STOP PLAYING THAT JEW MUSIC!" This wasn't the first time it's happened. Max just exhaled and continued to play. If it really bothered them, they'd move. Speaking over the music Max asked, "You look a lot better. But your hair looks a bit...cow licked." He laughed at the joke and hoped she'd laugh too,

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

She jumped at the person shouting but calmed down when Max ignored it as well. She smiled a bit, "I feel a lot better," she said knowing she didn't have a hair brush to fix the disaster on her head. She looked at him for a moment when she looked back at the ground. She always had a hard time taking to people like this, and had gotten into the habit of never making eye contact with anyone. She continued to sit there when she felt bad for not saying so earlier, "You're really good," she told him.

« previous 1 3