Tips for Self Promotion, Sales, and Advertising discussion

Everybody Dies: A Children's Book for Grown Ups
This topic is about Everybody Dies
Self Promotion Tips > Publicists?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tanaka Ken | 8 comments My self-published book(Everybody Dies: A Children's Book for Grown Ups) was recently picked up by HarperCollins. I promoted the original version of the book myself, but for the new version I'm wondering if I need a publicist. Does anybody have experience working with publicists for their published works?

message 2: by Selena (new)

Selena Blake (selenablake) | 6 comments I would see what your publisher will do for you. They have in house publicists that should help. In this day in age, in house marketing likes to work with the biggest fish it seems, but seeing as how you did well enough to get their attention, I would make it known that you want to work with them. A great many authors don't, don't want to, or simply don't have time to do a lot of promo legwork. You stepping up to the plate should be appealing.

Ask them what their plans are and mention you don't want to duplicate their efforts.

Tanaka Ken | 8 comments Thanks, Selena. That sounds like good advice.

message 4: by L.L. (new)

L.L. Kirchner (lisakirchner) | 9 comments A social media expert is almost certainly worth hiring, unless you're great at it. And maybe you are? I'd love to know how you made the jump from indie to HarperCollins. Also, a good intern can be helpful with social media if budget is a concern. Cheers, Lisa