The Mortal Instruments {Roleplay} discussion

Create Your Character > Mundanes(Humans)

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) | 304 comments Mod
Please try your best to follow the format below. If you're copying and pasting a character from another group, that's perfectly fine. ☺☻

Name:

Appearance:
Personality:

History:
Family:

Relationship Status:
Other:

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Name: Leona Ivy

Appearance: description

-Long chocolate brown hair with natural highlights
-Forest green eyes that appear hazel when flecks of red and gold reflect in the light
-An even Mediterranean tan that fades gradually in the colder months of the year
-A slim build with gentle curves, masking the underlying muscles built from swimming
-An average height of about 5'4"

Personality: Putting it simply, Leona isn't a girl who often does things she doesn't want to. In this way she is stubborn, but also immensely clever to be able to get herself out of any particular situation she doesn't find ideal. She has a multitude of facades that allow her to repel those she doesn't care to interact with as well as attract those who interest her.
When exposed to her friendlier side, people will meet a charming, worldly young lady who is confident but doesn't let her ego get in the way. When exposed to her, well, not so friendly side, Leona is a cold, closed off girl who can shut down any conversation without hardly having to speak.

History: Leona was born within the city of Gaeta, the place her family had resided in for generations on her mother's side. Her parents had met while her father, Liam, was studying abroad in Rome. He had fallen in love with the young woman that would be Leona's mother and promised they would be together once he graduated from college and had his life in order.
Cutting to the chase, Leona wasn't exactly planned. Her mother's parents were devastated that their daughter would have a child out of wedlock would have sent the two away had they not feared for Leona's well being. They believed Adele(Leona's mother) wasn't fit to watch over the child alone. They had never wanted Liam in the picture, seeing him as an arrogant American boy who had corrupted their daughter. For this very reason, Leona spent the first five years of her life fatherless.
While Adele was spending her time with her handful of a daughter, Liam wasn't having a much better time half a world away. He had moved to New York after schooling to work at a publishing house. He had hoped that he could spend his time working on building a solid career so he could hopefully one day be with Adele and his child with the approval of Adele's parents.
Of course there were set backs, but there was one he had no chance of seeing. Walking to his apartment one evening after a long day at work, he had come across what had appeared to be a large, rabid dog-- wolf, rather. Liam had hoped to go by unnoticed and call animal control once he got home, but he had no such luck. The canine had latched onto his leg, refusing to let go until a couple came along to scare the beast away. Later in the hospital, he was relieved to discover he did not have rabies. Mundane doctors, however, were not able to detect lycanthropy. With an ocean separating them, keeping Adele and Leona at a distance became a blessing as he began to work with his new, uh, lifestyle.
To this day, Leona is blissfully unaware of her father's little species switched. After several years, she had been introduced to Liam when he had given Adele the go ahead to come live with him in New York. The two married when Leona was eight, after Liam had told Adele of his condition. Adele had been spooked but refused to abandon him.
Leona grew up to have a relatively normal life, spending her summers with her grandparents back in Italy and having a father who occasionally went off the grid on what he tended to call "business trips".

Family:
Liam Ivy-Father
Adele Ivy- Mother

Relationship Status: Single

message 3: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Niiice! :D

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments Very interesting, and such a deep history as well.

message 5: by ₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ (last edited Dec 03, 2013 06:14PM) (new)

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ The history? I spat that out ten minutes before dinner ^_^ I guess I'm good at just goin' with it. And I'm glad you guys like it :)

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments For me its plots, for you its characters. I can't invent a decent character to save my life.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ It often times takes me a while to come up with a good character. This one actually surprised me. Usually for TMI rps, I use the same Shadowhunter character because I have her all figured out. I have spent years developing Susan Stormway, starting with writing some off hand short stories before taking the time to put her into roleplays.
With Leona, I really just wanted to try something different. I wanted her to be some what, well, mundane but with something interesting about her, even if it didn't even really involve her directly. I hope I can use her in the rp, if it ever really starts. Hopefully, more people start making characters soon so I can put her to good use.

message 8: by Blood Bone and Muscle (last edited Dec 03, 2013 06:39PM) (new)

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments I'm ready to roleplay as long as others are.

The way you explain it... it doesn't work for me. I can't give part of myself to a character so I usually find someone completely impersonal and hide behind them. Being emotionally attached is too easy for me. It's really cool that you guys have been storing away characters. As someone who loves second person narrative, a mundane is the perfect eyes for which to see the story from. Fresh views are great places to begin.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Have you tried putting more time into creating a character? When things go well, it can make for a really good rp. I like it personally because I know the character so well that it's easy to reply. I always put a part of myself in them so it's like I know every move the make, of how the character thinks and acts. To be honest, I wish more people took time on their characters like that. I have seen too many that are just bland and kind of lifeless, leading to a dead rp. It makes me sad that I put so much effort into something that could contribute to a really good story and it ultimately goes nowhere. Plot is a big deal, but I think characters make up a big part of it too.

message 10: by Blood Bone and Muscle (last edited Dec 03, 2013 06:53PM) (new)

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments One of my first characters that I invented was for Hetalia. It was easy to roleplay for that one given the extremely religious path they'd glued themselves too and their apathetic seeming ways but less ridiculously manic characters are more difficult. I learn to roleplay them through ones that are already there. When I do invent my own character, they're usually full of life but I'm always afraid that they'll be likeble and I usually pull out of the roleplay soon after.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ You're afraid they'll be likable? What do you mean? Isn't that a good thing?

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments Perhaps.

message 13: by Blood Bone and Muscle (last edited Dec 03, 2013 07:04PM) (new)

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments So anyway, where to begin?
And with this music, of course: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2rYC...

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Where to begin?

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments I did post somewhere but it's Taki's which makes things a little complicated... however, if you read the post, you might have an idea of what's been triggered.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ I'll read through it. Oh my god, I'm listening to the link and this is the first time I listened to the soundtrack. I'm just thinking "Why the @$#& haven't I listened to this sooner?!"

message 17: by Blood Bone and Muscle (last edited Dec 03, 2013 07:10PM) (new)

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments It's the unofficial soundtrack, that's why. It's made by a fan.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Well, it's pretty awesome if I do say so myself.

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments I second this degree in the court of law. Not that the official one is bad itself, I just find it more Harry Potter than this fanmade one. It's different, more magical while this one holds its own.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ I might want to listen to the official one to compare, but I like this one for now :)

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments Pandemonium is a shock, isn't it?

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Just a bit ^_^

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments At Taki's a dead mundane girl is bleeding out all over the floor. Magnus is at the scene and soon, an investigation.
The question is why?

Maybe I'll have to have the High Warlock of Brooklyn tacking missing child notes all over New York.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ That might just work. Leona might be able to run into him more easily that way. Oh, and I had a question about Magnus and my Shadowhunter charrie Susan. You said she would be able to go to his apartment for whatever reason. Do you think they should know each other personally or just through reputation(if it ever occurred that the Stormways need a place to go)?

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments He wouldn't hand out the courtesy to strangers (who am I kidding, he'd totally do that!). Knowing each other personally isn't required with Magnus, in fact, usually it's the people he stays away from for whatever reason. If she has any connection to the vampires, he could be doing a favour for Camille. If she's in need of quick help, he'll heal a bleeding injury for a helpless woman (he's much nicer to girls even if he does find them extremely dull minded sometimes). Mostly, you just have to make things convincing. The story will go where it's lead.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Okay, the question just came to me and I thought it might be worth discussing.

message 27: by Blood Bone and Muscle (last edited Dec 03, 2013 07:33PM) (new)

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments It is but I'm afraid I will constantly play devil's advocate with myself if we discuss it. Personally, I rather they know know each other from the past because than there will be a multitude of complications and hints at things that either of us may not want to have happened or have known that have happened. If she's deep enough in the Downworlder channel and thinks, a little naively, that he'll have a place to stay until she can find her own, he'll allow her in. Especially if she respects him and tickles his ego and pity. If she said he was the only Downworlder she could go to because she doesn't want to have to watch her back at night and doesn't trust most guys who live alone... Well, we'll see.

I know how I'd approach it but your way would surely be unique and refreshing.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Alright, good to know! If you want them to have a sort of past, in my short stories, I've always had someone help her family get out of Idris, sometimes it's a brother or a friend, maybe it could be Magnus. This way, he doesn't really know her exactly, but he is willing to help her and her family when they need it.

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments It could happen but since he's practically chained to this new land. This New World, New England, he probably hasn't left for Shadowhunters in her lifetime. He would know her great grandparents from his time in Europe. I think it would be all the more frightening for her if she didn't know where she was, didn't understand a simple street walk and was overwhelmed with New York than set comfortably. Shadowhunters in general don't own technology. He could have possibly helped her (it's your choice but then we'd have to invent the relation and I don't want to God Mod her family history). Maybe she's the one Shadowhunter family that Magnus has only ever heard rumors about. It's nice to have things in life that are unexpected but not unkind.

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments Just a brainstorm.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Oh, hey, super sorry! I didn't see your post. I'll have to reread it in the morning, it's late here and I'm having a hard time looking at the screen.

message 32: by Blood Bone and Muscle (last edited Dec 11, 2013 11:22PM) (new)

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments Name: Alyosha Isayevich Solzhenitsyn
.............[Алёша Исаевич Солженицын]...................

Appearance:

Personality: There is a strange type who both speaks well and listens well. His far off, vague interest is actually suppressed emotions bottled under his heavy soul. Guilt is the vice, denouncement of society is a strength and flipping through pages upon parchment page for something philosophical and difficult to read has become a dangerous pass time. Some people may find it stereotypical that he enjoys Russian classics. To him, they are better, more thought provoking than American literature.

He spends most of the time he's not playing football reading in the park at his school, one leg thrown over the wall ledge. Alyosha has a distinct appreciation for heights (in nature, not near buildings. Skyscrapers are cheating as they have stairs and cement on their floor, trees on the other hand take muscle and skill to figure out) and putting himself in an apprehensive place.

Needless to say, this high-school student doesn't mind critical thinking. It's a mystery how he sits in modern society at all.

History: TBR
Family: A Mother, Father and little sister who went missing a couple weeks ago. He's deathly afraid for her and hasn't been able to stop the spasm in his left hand since. Why wasn't he made right handed?
Alyosha was adopted at six years old, his parents try the best they can to keep him in touch with his earlier family.

Relationship Status: Single.

Other: Alyosha is soon going to find that his sister's disappearance is much worse than it seemed...

He speaks English, French and Russian fluently. He reads a little latin but finds it difficult and time consuming.

He knows nothing about the shadow world.

message 33: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

O.O How will you remember his full name?

message 34: by Blood Bone and Muscle (last edited Dec 12, 2013 07:37PM) (new)

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments It's a famous author's patronymic name and last name.
Fortunately, since this doesn't happen in Russia, you won't need to formally address anyone via their patronymic name.

♪♫Gloria♫♪ Why don't you just edit this and put it in "Other"?