Jannette Oke fan group discussion

Love Comes Softly Series > Love comes Softly movies

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber (starynight) | 10 comments Mod
Here we ccn talk about what we thought of the Love Comes Softly movies.

message 2: by Allison (new)

Allison | 8 comments I really enjoyed the first one although I do wish Missie had been the age she was in the book, and I love Katherine Heigl as Marty I was really disappointed when they changed her for Samantha Smith, and also when they changed the actress for Missie in Love's Long Journey.

message 3: by Amber (new)

Yeah I would have liked Missy to be the same age. I dont like the changes of characters throughout the movies what really disappointed me was in the last few moves was Belinda was a brunette then when she comes back after becoming a doctor she is now blonde, sorry I don't know any actor names. What I really hated about the last few movies were that the only similarities to the bok were the characters everything else was totally different.

message 4: by Allison (new)

Allison | 8 comments Yes exactly! I feel the same way! I watched the one when she takes care of the orphans and I was like, "I don't think this was in the book.." So I read it again and I was right...So disappointed, but oh well, that's how movies are.

message 5: by Amber (new)

Yeah. Overall they were good movies I was just disappointed that they weren't like the books.

message 6: by Allison (new)

Allison | 8 comments Same here.

message 7: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1 comments I was so upset to watch the movies of my favorite book series. They didn't capture the concept of the books. They hardly showed the characters faith in the movies. The movies are their own stories with the names of Janette Oke's characters.

message 8: by Allison (new)

Allison | 8 comments Totally agree with you!