What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Fledgling
This topic is about Fledgling
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > Man finds girl in woods, takes her to vacation home to learn she is a vampire. /s

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eileen (last edited Nov 29, 2013 08:31AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Eileen  (ellig8r) | 3 comments I read this book sometime between 2005 and 2008. I remember the cover was white and it had splotches on it that were a dark orange color. They looked a lot like paint splatters.

The book had this guy going to the cabin I think in the woods. If I remember correctly it was his friend's place. Anyway, I think it was raining and he is in his car and he sees a girl who looks kind of disheveled and he tries to help her. He takes her back to the place he's staying. I want to say she eats a raw steak (I know a little cliché) and then I'm pretty sure she makes love with the guy, but also sucks his blood.
I also remember there was a part where she went into this older woman's house and the older woman was expecting her and she drank her blood. I want to say there was something like healing sort of when she licked the wound from her biting the person.

I want to say that she needed some kind of help with something and her family.

I wish I could remember more. I really want to read this book again. Thanks for any and all help.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
Eileen--where did you find the book? Bookstore, grocers, library? What made you read it--was it a recommendation or did the author's name grab you or was it the cover (altho that sounds a tad boring to me)? was it tick or thin? Modern time or could it have been earlier? 50's, 60's etc.

message 3: by Eileen (last edited Nov 29, 2013 12:51PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Eileen  (ellig8r) | 3 comments It was book I borrowed from the library. I think what caught me was the cover and when I skimmed through it, it seamed entertaining enough. I want to say that the title was one word. Maybe two words.
More on the thin side, like 150 pages. 200 at the most. It was modern time I'm pretty sure. I doubt it was written before 1980. Oh and I think The author was a man. I could be wrong.

message 4: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Mcpheat | 15 comments Sounds like Kindred by Octavia Butler

message 5: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Mcpheat | 15 comments Sorry, Fledgling, not Kindred

Eileen  (ellig8r) | 3 comments Oh my goodness. Thank you guys so very much. If you could see how oddly happy this makes me you would probably be a little freaked out in all honesty.

YAY!