The Mortal Instruments {Roleplay} discussion

Welcome to the Group! > Introduce Yourself!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 172 (172 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) | 304 comments Mod
Seeing that this a group with more than one person, I figured you'd wanna meet other Shadowhunters. I'll go first.

Hi, I'm Izzy! I like gifs!

I also like Marvel.

message 2: by Blood Bone and Muscle (last edited Nov 29, 2013 03:10PM) (new)

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments Bonjour Izzy and others!
I'm BBAM, the emergency group revival squad, Canadian circuit. When humanity has no hope of sparking a story, I get called on my shoe phone. If only I was just as good at keeping up with other writers.

I've been a little too obsessed with TMI lately. Maybe it's a fad for me but that doesn't matter. I'm super excited to take part and try as I can to add depth and plot twists.

There are so many questions on my tongue and I seriously don't know what to expect! What was the group like the first time? Can we roleplay original characters from the books if we do so decently? You know, the works.

If you need me to anything, like set the scene, say so. I'll be there. We Mounties always get our man (that's besides the point but whatever).

And please, Izzy. When you write 'Lightfluer' please tell me you didn't do that because the second word is supposed to be the word for 'flower'. If so, you switch the u and the e otherwise its the equivalent of 'folwer'.

message 3: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

BBAM! Nice gif! XD

To answer your questions, the group was first like, well, it was dead. It lasted a month then died. It didn't have as many topics, active members, active Moderator..I'm hoping that it will come back to life.

As for your other question, I hadn't decided yet. If the member is active, then I suppose yes, they can play an original character. :) As long as they aren't, you know, dead.

message 4: by Blood Bone and Muscle (last edited Nov 29, 2013 03:16PM) (new)

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments I have been roleplaying Magnus Bane in another much deader group. I was wondering if if I were to claim his character that I may have the permission to add his apartment (for all those parties and those who need his aid).
This is what I'd be copying from: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Being condescending is a specialty!

message 5: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Permission granted. :) Go right ahead!

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments And now I have to fill out the format for the character, right? I still haven't seen the movie so don't spoil it for me but I will do what I can to take him from the books. Remember, nothing ever happens twice exactly the same...

message 7: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) Hello! Drax is in the house!

Hide your kids...

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

description

message 8: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (last edited Nov 29, 2013 03:24PM) (new)

Blood Bone and Muscle wrote: "And now I have to fill out the format for the character, right? I still haven't seen the movie so don't spoil it for me but I will do what I can to take him from the books. Remember, nothing ever h..."

Yes, you fill out the character format. ☺ And noted. I also promise not to spoil the movie for ya.

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments Drax wrote: "Hello! Drax is in the house!

Hide your kids...

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

"

You don't have to call and confess, we're looking for you. We gonna find you, we gon' find you. So you can run and tell that, run and tell that ...

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Hello, all! You may call me The Lion Hearted Girl, but that's a bit of a mouthful. I've been called, Lion Heart, Lion Girl, or TLHG, all of which are fine. All you really need to do is try to get my attention :)
Oh, and I just posted a charrie!

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments Welcome! How do you do?

message 12: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Hi Lion Heart! You joined! :D

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Indeed I did (:

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ How are you fine people this day?

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments Lion Hearted Girl, the name reminds me of Florence and The Machine's Rabbit Hearted Girl.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ It is from Rabbit Heart (: Florence and The Machine is the best band ever and that is one of my favorite songs (:

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments She's great, I also love Bastille.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ My friend is actually getting me Bad Blood for my birthday!

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments (Currently has it in my radio).
You guys are making me seriously happy that I joined this group. Good artists and Bastille fans?

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ We're just awesome people! ^_^

message 21: by Destiny (new)

Destiny Trisha Renee Gaspard (Cartmanlover18) Hey ya'll im Destiny

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments Bonjour Destiny~! Are you actually from a southern state or are you saying y'all because it suits your fancy? I can't tell.

message 23: by roshay (new)

roshay (sadderdaze) Hey everyone, I'm Shrishti. Pronunciation?- Sh/ri/sh/ti. the syllables are pronounced like: Ship/Rick/Ship/Tea. It's actually a two syllable name if you say it quick enough. Shri/shti. Please don't mess my name up. :)
I like The Mortal Instruments, it has a pretty good story-line, which is the reason I joined this roleplay. Although, to be honest I feel that The Infernal Devices has stronger characters and better writing. I'm also one of the few girls who are not helplessly in love with Jace Herondale. Na, I, am helplessly in love with Will Herondale. I'm also a massive Whovian who can't control her feelings, and a crazy Potterhead and Nerdfighter who cries at least once a week just because of Harry Potter and The Fault in Our Stars.

message 24: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Shrishti! You joined! Yay! I didn't know if you would or not. :D

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments ~Shrishti~ wrote: "Hey everyone, I'm Shrishti. Pronunciation?- Sh/ri/sh/ti. the syllables are pronounced like: Ship/Rick/Ship/Tea. It's actually a two syllable name if you say it quick enough. Shri/shti. Please don't..."

Is your name of another language, just out of interest?

Agreed, Infernal Devices has the whole package. Amazing characters who are vivid and credible, a strong background and nothing is watered down. When there's a massacre, they explain it.

Nerdfighter and Potterhead? *-* This is a great group, full of similar fandoms.

message 26: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Shrishti's in a lot of fandoms. XD She also rants a lot, especially about Dr. Who.

message 27: by Blood Bone and Muscle (last edited Dec 01, 2013 11:38AM) (new)

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments Luckily, it's a subject I can follow. I know enough... not everything but enough to argue and connect dots.

message 28: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Other than Shrishti, who I only know online, I have a real life friend who's completely obsessed with it. They'll go on and on and on and on and on and on and ect.

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments Same, my friends in real life are half in that world. We had a mystery meal just last night and one of the mysterious cutlery objects was 'Dalek Weaponry' which turned out to be an egg beater. Someone had to eat with that.

Say, in your name, is 'Light-fleur' supposed to mean 'Light-flower'?

message 30: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Nope. I got it from a photo I found, where you take the initials of your name to get your Shadowhunter last name. XD It's just random.

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments Can you please change it to 'fleur'. They failed to write the french word for flower and it's driving me up the wall. It's like writing 'flwoer'. *twitch*... *twitch* *twitch*

message 32: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

I don't know French, but okay?

message 33: by Blood Bone and Muscle (last edited Dec 01, 2013 12:00PM) (new)

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments Thank you, oh thank you! It's like the big white elephant in the room.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi! I'm Alpha, though you might know me as Asmaa. Thanks for the invite, Iz!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi! I'm Alpha, though you might know me as Asmaa. Thanks for the invite, Iz!

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments Bonjour, Alpha! I'm guessing by your name that you're going to make a werewolf?

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmmm...wasn't planning on it?

Oh wait, I get it. Alpha -- wolves -- werewolves o.o

Nah, it's a name. Alpha, I mean. It's a girl's name and I just like the sound of it.

message 38: by Sofia (new)

Sofia Hi, everyone! I'm Sofia. I'm a fan of the Mortal Instruments, especially of the first three books, but I think that the Infernal Devices were better. Like Shrishti, I am helplessly in love with Will Herondale.
Thanks for inviting me, Izzy :)

message 39: by Clare (new)

Clare  RXYLND (RXYLND) love this book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 40: by Clare (new)

Clare  RXYLND (RXYLND) (It's Clare. I'm addicted to changing my name...lol)

message 41: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Hi Clare. Thank for joining! ☺☻

Sofia wrote: "Hi, everyone! I'm Sofia. I'm a fan of the Mortal Instruments, especially of the first three books, but I think that the Infernal Devices were better. Like Shrishti, I am helplessly in love with Will Herondale.
Thanks for inviting me, Izzy :)"

Sofia! Thanks for joining!! :D

αℓρнα ⊰ ɔıʇɐʌoן ⊱ wrote: "Hi! I'm Alpha, though you might know me as Asmaa. Thanks for the invite, Iz!"

Asmaa! :D You joined! Yippie!

message 42: by Emily (new)

Emily Hello! I'm Emily. A fair warning before I start rping with you all, I've only read the first Mortal Instruments book. A lot of my friends have read all of them and they've told me about them though!

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Emily! Well, you know so you aren't behind on all the awesome things we talk about, you should do your research and read the rest of the books... ;)

message 44: by Emily (new)

Emily I'm working on it! There are just a bunch of other books I want to read first...

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ If you say so...

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Izzy: yep I did! It's been forever since I really talked to you and I love TMI and TID; I couldn't not join :D

message 47: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

I've missed you Asmaa! XD It's gonna be fun Rping with you again!

message 48: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Emily ~* Refuse to Sink*~ wrote: "Hello! I'm Emily. A fair warning before I start rping with you all, I've only read the first Mortal Instruments book. A lot of my friends have read all of them and they've told me about them though!"

Yo. :) Thanks for joining, Emily!

message 49: by Emily (new)

Emily No problem!

message 50: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

How ya liking City of Bones?

« previous 1 3 4