Terminalcoffee discussion

Sharing Time: > Internet Down

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
I've been reading books and not doing much work because my internet has been malfunctioning for nearly three days.

It all started with the evil thunderstorm and tornado warning caliber winds on Monday afternoon. *blip* thought the power was going to go out, but no, it came back on right away.

That strange *blip* might have been the comcast transmitter going out, or something, because we've not had internet since that minute. Argh!

Don't they know I have a monkey on my back?

message 2: by Usako (last edited Jun 18, 2009 08:51AM) (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) How are you able to write to us now, Sally? You have MUTANT POWERS!

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments But doesn't a smart phone still require a network of some sort?

message 4: by Sally, la reina (new)

Yes, but a thunderstorm wouldn't have fried the router, I believe.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Righto...I don't know from these new-fangled smart phones.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I'm generally up on technology, but I've always been resistant to the "ooh, get the latest phone"...partly because I'm cheap, I guess. Also, Zu always destroys hers -- she has them in her pocket in the kitchen while cheffing, and it's the heat or the pressure or something, but she ends up killing them regularly. So when we need a new one, she usually gets it, and I struggle on with my original nokia brick. OK, not quite that bad...but close.

message 7: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I've been reading books and not doing much work because my internet has been malfunctioning for nearly three days.

That sounds pretty good.

message 8: by Sally, la reina (new)

I think my next phone will be a netbook. Verizon has a good deal on an HP one, actually cheaper than an iPhone and with more power. My MIL is very anxious about me not having a phone, per se, but with this I'll ALWAYS be available online.

The only time I really check my cell is when I plug it in, right here next to my laptop anyway.

message 9: by Lori (new)

Lori I have become the most techno-unsaavy person I know much to the utter consternation of my son. Well really, just another thing on the long list of why I am so uncool and really a wonder of how I've last so long on this planet.

Plus I don't really care! I don't even have internet on my phone, not interested. When I'm out I'm out enjoying myself. And I hardly ever answer my cell unless I see it's family calling, or someone I have plans with that day.

I'd like one of those bumper stickers that say Shut up and drive!

Oh and, GET OFF MY LAWN! hee.

When I'm home I don't even answer the land line if I'm comfortable on the couch, I figure anyone important will leave a message.

However on my home computer, sheesh, I'd say I'm on the internet waaaaay too much, especially since last year when I discovered GR. I get 1/8 of the reading I used to. It was very comforting to find out that many of you have the same problem.

I would die without the internet! Sally!

message 10: by Sally, la reina (new)

Yes, it is particularly hard.

Especially because right now my work is designing this interactive website to use with my classes next year. I need to be online, whereas a phone with mobility is a disposable commodity, imho.

message 11: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell Yes, it is particularly hard.

That's what she said. (I haven't done one of those in a long time.*)

*That's what she said.

message 12: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i can use my iphone to access the internet anywhere but much depends on how you are connected (wifi, 3G, or Edge network) as to the speed and efficiency.