Yoga Folks discussion

General discussions about yoga > Giving thanks for a yogic teaching

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meryl (new)

Meryl Landau (meryldavidslandau) | 808 comments Mod
Hi all:

Yesterday in the US was the holiday of Thanksgiving, a magnificent holiday because of it's focus on appreciation. I started thinking about all the wonderful teachings from yoga.

If you could choose only one thing you've learned from the yoga masters or your own yoga practice that you most appreciate, what would it be?

Mine is mindfulness. Especially in trying times, I totally appreciate clearing my thoughts and dropping within.

You?

message 2: by Amber (new)

Amber Polo (amberpolo) | 13 comments I learned to breathe.
And to stand balanced on two feet.

message 3: by Nikiverse (new)

Nikiverse I am truly thankful for starting to understand the meaning of living in the present. I can have anxiety sometimes and really predetermine "bad" outcomes that never come to fruition! I sometimes use this "living in the present" excuse to not make goals though. So I'm still trying to find the balance.

message 4: by Jill (new)

Jill (jills7987) | 16 comments When trying a difficult pose my yoga teacher has corrected her students' words from "I can't do that pose." to "I can't do that pose yet". It is full of hope and promise.

message 5: by Meryl (new)

Meryl Landau (meryldavidslandau) | 808 comments Mod
Nice, Jill! Or maybe even, "I'm looking forward to being able to do that pose sometime." (Although I don't always succeed, I am trying to focus as much as possible on the possibilities of all things.). :)

message 6: by Karissa (new)

Karissa (swansonkl) | 31 comments Jill wrote: "When trying a difficult pose my yoga teacher has corrected her students' words from "I can't do that pose." to "I can't do that pose yet". It is full of hope and promise."

Love this! We could take that off the mat as well : )

message 7: by Ken (new)

Ken Cohen (kencohen) | 3 comments Doing Kriya Yoga raises my kundalini from my Root Chakra to my Crown Chakra, and makes the Holy Spirit descend on me through the will of God the Father.

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris (krisg11) | 40 comments I am thankful for yoga showing me how to bring calm to my busy day. It has helped me with focus.