♥ Nothing Better Than Reading!! ♥ discussion

General Archives > IMPORTANT NOTICE!!

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A, Crazy. (last edited Nov 29, 2013 04:02AM) (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Hey everyone,

Okay, so, I really don't know how to say this. I've noticed - and I'm sure you all must have noticed - our group is just not active anymore. In spite of so many book discussions, games, chat thread and BOTM, member participation had dipped down really low.

SO! Since I'm a mod and I love my group, I'm gonna add a few basic ways to improve the activity of my group:-

1) First of all, to all members (especially to those who used to be a lot active and then suddenly vanished) - Please at least TRY to be active. One post a week in ANY thread isn't really gonna take up that much time.

2) This is for all NEW MEMBERS - Okay, this may seem a little rude but, it REALLY sucks when your group gets so many new members and none of them respond to any of the discussions. We've got 600 members in 5 months and what's REALLY frustrating is that 1 out of every 10 members participate in the group discussions.

3) INVITE YOUR FRIENDS!!! The more members, the more better, active and fun the group becomes:)

4) Just because you don't find a discussion you want in this group DOESN'T mean that you can't make a discussion. If you guys feel that there isn't a proper discussion, then CREATE IT!!

5) From my side, I'll add as many new stuff as possible in the group. I know I'm to blame also and I'm gonna try my best to make this group active again.

6) Lastly, I'm sure you all are aware of the BOTM system in the group. I request you people to participate more in the BOTM. Hardly any of the members nominate books, a minority of them vote for the book, and almost NO ONE reads the BOTM. So, I hope you all would participate in the BOTMs too.

Thanks,
Regards,
Ruchi.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I'm an active member, Ruchi. I'm sorry the group is in trouble. Hardly any of the members nominate books for BOTM because they probably want to read their own books and don't want to commit.

You're a great Mod, Ruchi. Don't put the blame on yourself. I invited 94 of my GR friends to this group.

message 3: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Jordan wrote: "Ruchi wrote: "Hey everyone,

Okay, so, I really don't know how to say this. I've noticed - and I'm sure you all must have noticed - our group is just not active anymore. In spite of so many book di..."

Yeah, sure:)

message 4: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Aaron{{REBLAST}} wrote: "Well, I'm an active member, Ruchi. I'm sorry the group is in trouble. Hardly any of the members nominate books for BOTM because they probably want to read their own books and don't want to commit.
..."

Thanks Aaron:) I posted this long back and I'm happy that now it is not the same. The group has grown, grown into something better and I have nearly satisfactory member participation. And thanx for inviting ur friends!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

You're welcome.:) It certainly has grown, Ruchi. You should be very proud. My pleasure for inviting my friends!

message 6: by Mohib (new)

Mohib | 59 comments i invited my friends and one of them joined the group

message 7: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Mohib wrote: "i invited my friends and one of them joined the group"

message 8: by Mohib (new)

Mohib | 59 comments Ruchi wrote: "Mohib wrote: "i invited my friends and one of them joined the group"

at your service!

message 9: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Hello. I am new in this group and i don't know how this works, but i am gonna try and post more comments and I will definitely invite some frineds.

message 10: by Sindhuja (new)

Sindhuja (happinesstrunk) Ruchi wrote: "Hey everyone,

Okay, so, I really don't know how to say this. I've noticed - and I'm sure you all must have noticed - our group is just not active anymore. In spite of so many book discussions, gam..."

You are a really awesome moderator. In awe of the work you do keep this group alive and happening!

Kudos!!! ★

message 11: by Martha (new)

Martha | 3 comments Morning, I am new to the group and excited to participate.

message 12: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Martha wrote: "Morning, I am new to the group and excited to participate."

Welcome to the group!:)

message 13: by Zenling (new)

Zenling I think you will laugh at me but what is BOTM? I'm not familiar with the new way people talks in Internet. I'm precomputer era you know... Thank you for your help.

message 14: by Carly Ellen (new)

Carly Ellen Kramer (carlyellenkramer) | 14 comments Book of the month :)

message 15: by Zenling (new)

Zenling Thank You!!!!! :)

message 16: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Hi everyone,
I am new to the group and not sure how it works but I will try to comment daily. Have a good day!

message 17: by Sindhuja (new)

Sindhuja (happinesstrunk) Wendy wrote: "Hi everyone,
I am new to the group and not sure how it works but I will try to comment daily. Have a good day!"

Welcome Wendy! :)