What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Superpowers
This topic is about Superpowers
SOLVED: Children's/YA > YA (?) Modern Superheros, protagonist’s friend has super speed [s]

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (last edited Nov 29, 2013 01:17AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Laura (laurakyhaara) Back when I was in highschool (2008-2011), I read a superhero-related book. I want to add it to Goodreads but can’t for the life of me remember the title. I think it was on the “new purchases” section of my school’s library.

Here is the information I remember:
One of the characters (not the protagonist) has super speed. Tragically, (view spoiler)
The protagonist is male. I think he’s telepathic (or has super strength, one of the two)
Setting: modern-day city
In the story, the main characters decide to form an impromptu superhero group after discovering that they have powers. I don’t remember how they obtained them. It might have been an experiment, but it’s a group of friends.
I think the cover was light-blue ish with red (a cape?)... I thought the title was Superhero or Not a Hero or Hero... but I could be completely wrong
There was a strong theme that super powers are not all they are cut out to be

EDIT: I feel stupid, posting this and then finally finding my book about five minutes later...

Superpowers by David J. Schwartz

message 2: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (hydrolagus) | 94 comments I've done that. Last week I was typing up a post looking for a book I haven't read for over two decades and the name wafted into my head.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Superpowers (other topics)