Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Monthly Group Read > December 2013 Group Read- The Bone Season

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 534 comments This read will start December 1, please grab your copy and be ready to start!

message 2: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 861 comments Awesome :)

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 192 comments OOoooo I just finished this one a few weeks ago. It was definitely different!

I thought the H/h relationship had a bit of a Mac/Barrons feel. I'll be interested to hear what you ladies think!

message 4: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 861 comments Rachel wrote: "OOoooo I just finished this one a few weeks ago. It was definitely different!

I thought the H/h relationship had a bit of a Mac/Barrons feel. I'll be interested to hear what you ladies think!"

Oohhhh now I'm even more excited to read it :)

message 5: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 861 comments Started it today and loving it so far. I'm on chapter 5 and totally engrossed in it. Have so many questions about Paige and Scion and the clairvoyants and the Rephaites and Paige's Warden!

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 192 comments Belkis wrote: "Started it today and loving it so far. I'm on chapter 5 and totally engrossed in it. Have so many questions about Paige and Scion and the clairvoyants and the Rephaites and Paige's Warden!"

That was my one complaint with the book... there was SOOOO much information and it was hard to process. I mean, seriously, the book comes with a flow chart at the beginning and like a twelve page glossary at the end!

message 7: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 861 comments Rachel wrote: "Belkis wrote: "Started it today and loving it so far. I'm on chapter 5 and totally engrossed in it. Have so many questions about Paige and Scion and the clairvoyants and the Rephaites and Paige's W..."

LOL! Yeah, Rachel :) I was already prepared for that though. A reading buddy who read it before me had let me know about that and let me know to be patient because the story would be so very worth it. And I do agree with her as I'm very much loving the story. It's very original and compelling with a very intricate plot. Loving it :)

message 8: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 861 comments Addie wrote: "I read the book in print at first but the audiobook version is simply PHENOMENAL. Some stories are better when told verbally - Bone Season is one of them. The narrator is pretty good. I'd suggest t..."

Yes Addie, completely agree with you on this. I have both and let me just say that the narrator is FANTASTIC! Especially because she adds character, enunciation and tone to the story. And the Irish accent defines Paige's personality making the story all that more real. I too left the printed version and stuck with the audio and I'm absolutely loving it . I'm almost done with the story and can say that I will be anxiously awaiting the next book on this one for sure.

message 9: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 861 comments Finished it and loved it! Here's my review https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 11 comments I read this a few months ago and fell in love with it. I just got a copy signed by the author when she came to my city. Can't wait for the next one.

message 11: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 192 comments What did you think of Warden?

message 12: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 861 comments Lisa wrote: "I read this a few months ago and fell in love with it. I just got a copy signed by the author when she came to my city. Can't wait for the next one."

Oh me too Lisa! I loved it as well and I hope she doesn't take too long to release the next one :)

message 13: by Belkis (last edited Dec 06, 2013 11:47AM) (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 861 comments Rachel wrote: "What did you think of Warden?"

I love him!!! I want one of my very own :D and I'm so intrigued by him. Want to know more about what their species is and all what they can do.

message 14: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 192 comments Belkis wrote: "Rachel wrote: "What did you think of Warden?"

I love him!!! I want one of my very own :D and I'm so intrigued by him. Want to know more about what their species is and all what they can do."

What did you think about (view spoiler)

message 15: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 861 comments Charity wrote: "I have my copy on hold at the library. Since its a new to me author I like to try them before I buy. So have to wait. Its okay have lots to read inbetween."

Yep I feel you :) I have way too many waiting to be read too LOL!

message 16: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 861 comments Rachel wrote: "Belkis wrote: "Rachel wrote: "What did you think of Warden?"

I love him!!! I want one of my very own :D and I'm so intrigued by him. Want to know more about what their species is and all what they..."

Oh no honey, don't fret over that for a minute. It's not possible darling. That would so ruin the whole dang story LOL! Since it is the best part :D

message 17: by Rachel (last edited Dec 06, 2013 02:25PM) (new)

Rachel | 192 comments Belkis wrote: "Rachel wrote: "Belkis wrote: "Rachel wrote: "What did you think of Warden?"

I love him!!! I want one of my very own :D and I'm so intrigued by him. Want to know more about what their species is an..."

Ahahaha, whew! I feel much better and I totally agree ;)

Besides (view spoiler)

message 18: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 861 comments Rachel wrote: "Belkis wrote: "Rachel wrote: "Belkis wrote: "Rachel wrote: "What did you think of Warden?"

I love him!!! I want one of my very own :D and I'm so intrigued by him. Want to know more about what thei..."

OMG! That's priceless hahahaha and funny as heck!

message 19: by Lila (new)

Lila Lockhart (lilalockhart) This book felt like it had some Darkfever inspiration. I was reading both for the first time at the same time, and my brain was getting them confused sometimes, haha!

As for Warden, I absolutely love him. He is no Barrons but he had me swooning and on his team from very early on.

message 20: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 861 comments Lila wrote: "This book felt like it had some Darkfever inspiration. I was reading both for the first time at the same time, and my brain was getting them confused sometimes, haha!

As for Warden, I absolutely l..."

I felt the same way Lila :) I loved that he was honest and straight forward with Paige even if it made him come off as cold and unaffected in her eyes. So excited to see where the author takes the story in the next book.