The Wide Web of Friends in YA Books discussion

Movies > Divergent Movie

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) | 8842 comments Mod
Are you excited for this movie? What do you think of the casting and trailer?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I am SO Excited!!!!

I Love The Cast:)

The trailer is AMAZING!

message 3: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

I'm really excited as well!!!!

message 4: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 25 comments Ginny wrote: "I am SO Excited!!!!

I Love The Cast:)

The trailer is AMAZING!"

I second that! I'm so freakin excited for this movie!

message 5: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (izzybookholics) | 580 comments *screams and jumps up and down*

message 6: by Caru (new)

Caru I'm so excited!!!!!!

message 7: by Erica (new)

Erica (ericaevernight) | 912 comments Oh I can't wait!!! To see The James!! and his sexy self!! I nearly fainted when I saw he was casted for 4!!! *sigh.........* he soool hot!!

message 8: by Erica (new)

Erica (ericaevernight) | 912 comments I can never spell his name right......its Theo with an O james

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Theo James:)

message 10: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

He's so sexy :)

message 11: by Kaity (new)

Kaity (i-love-books-because-reasons) | 54 comments I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!

message 12: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

SAME!! I am so ready for this XD

message 13: by Caru (new)

Caru Theo James <3

message 14: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

I don't know how good this movie is going to be... I'm excited but I don't want to get my hopes up!

message 15: by Cheyenne, The Musical One (new)

Cheyenne | 1425 comments Mod
Can't wait for this movie.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I'M EXCITED SO MUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 17: by Abigail (new)

Abigail | 413 comments Theo james=perfection

message 18: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Rachel (starjoy899) | 842 comments Mod
In my opinion the casting is perfect and I have high hopes. I <3 Theo James!!

message 19: by readeraz (new)

readeraz (zoethereader) | 474 comments THIS PHOTO= PERFECTION

message 20: by julia (new)

julia (julianevergrowup) I'm sooo excited for this movie!!

message 21: by Erica (new)

Erica (ericaevernight) | 912 comments this is what goes through my head when i think about this movie Theo hot theo hot hot hot hot the theo theo hot hot smoking the hot hot theo lighting up the scene soo hot......just hot

message 22: by Cheyenne, The Musical One (new)

Me too.

message 23: by Danna (new)

Danna (dannasia) | 17 comments Theo James!!! <3 Though I pictured Tris as more petite. Idk, maybe Shailene will deliver. Anyway, can't wait to see the movie.

message 24: by Abigail (new)

Abigail | 413 comments Only 52 more days!!!!

message 25: by Chantae (new)

Chantae B. | 288 comments I need to hurry and read some of the books I'm reading that way I can read the book before the movie comes out

message 26: by Cheyenne, The Musical One (new)

Same I will probably retread it before the movie comes out.

message 27: by Leya (new)

Leya (leyasofpaint) | 21 comments I'm so angry that they changed the part when Four says 'Are you asking me to undress, Tris?' ...that was such an awesome Fourtris line :)

message 28: by Cheyenne, The Musical One (new)

What!? That was an awesome line in the book.

message 29: by Leya (new)

Leya (leyasofpaint) | 21 comments Ikr, in the movie Four just asks 'Do you want so see it' or so :(

message 30: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

I love Four <3 He is so handsome ;)

message 31: by Cheyenne, The Musical One (new)

Four Fourever <3

message 32: by readeraz (new)

readeraz (zoethereader) | 474 comments I can't wait to see the movie! It looks promising from the trailer, I absolutely love the guy playing four. Theo James is perfection.

message 33: by Cheyenne, The Musical One (new)

Yes he is.

message 34: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

I'm getting so excited!! I still can't believe that they pushed back the Four Four Stories :/

message 35: by readeraz (new)

readeraz (zoethereader) | 474 comments But at the same time Im excited that they are going to be long!! Like 80 pages!

THEO JAMES IS SO PERFECT. HE IS A GREEK GOD.

message 36: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

thoughts on the movie people?!

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Miss Perfection (Rachel) wrote: "thoughts on the movie people?!"

I Absolutely LOVED it!

message 38: by Danna (new)

Danna (dannasia) | 17 comments Just saw the movie and despite some changes made - some scenes were cut and dialogues being changed - I think it was still awesome. Theo James was friggin' HOT!!!!!

message 39: by Red (new)

Red (littleredreader) I thought it was pretty good. Of course there were changes, because not everything adapts well from book-to-film and we'd get bored with 6 hour movie if they tried to include everything. It was casted so well, Shailene made an awesome Tris, and honestly...until seeing the movie...I didn't know I could be such a big fan of Eric. ;D Changes were there, but none of them really bothered me. They worked for the movie, and overall it was pretty faithful and none of the changes really deterred from the real story.

I overheard some girls complaining about how this was different and this was different, but it was all pretty nitpicky stuff.

I could be biased though, because I don't nitpick, but also I tend to separate movies and books in my head for what they are and judge them on their own merit to give myself a bigger chance of enjoying both.

message 40: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Red wrote: "I thought it was pretty good. Of course there were changes, because not everything adapts well from book-to-film and we'd get bored with 6 hour movie if they tried to include everything. It was c..."

Watched the movie a while ago and find it amazing. I agree it was faithful. The casts did an amazing job (just wished Peter could be more bad-ass) It didn't bothered me on the changes (I barely noticed it.)

message 41: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

I'm gonna see this in an hour!! :D

message 42: by Elaine (new)

Elaine | 10 comments I loved the movie so much one of the best adaptations

message 43: by Ally (new)

Ally Bryan (allysbookshoparoundthecorner) | 260 comments Red wrote: "I thought it was pretty good. Of course there were changes, because not everything adapts well from book-to-film and we'd get bored with 6 hour movie if they tried to include everything. It was c..."

I definitely agree!!!!! I was sad about a couple lines not being in it, but those are just personal favorites. I'm sure they had their reasons of not including it. They has so many awesome lines/scenes in it that I was just as happy!!!

message 44: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Just saw it. Awesome!!

message 45: by ~Fern~ (new)

~Fern~ | 434 comments I'm gonna go see it tomorrow! can't wait!!!!

message 46: by Erin (new)

Erin I am most upset about peter's character. In the book he had so much depth, but he didn't in the movie. He didn't even seem that evil in the movie. He didn't really give Tris any real reasons to hate him in the movie.

message 47: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Yeah, Peter was really downplayed. I thought he was a good actor, he just wasn't given the lines.

message 48: by Shalini (new)

Shalini Agrawal (fayemorgana) | 6 comments I didn't think I would want to watch this movie, but after reading this article: https://medium.com/p/1d20ea8b9064, perhaps I will give it a try.

message 49: by readeraz (new)

readeraz (zoethereader) | 474 comments Movie was incredible. Absolutely incredible. %80 of the dialogue was straight from the book.

message 50: by Fifth Horseman (new)

Fifth Horseman (fifthhorseman) I'm glad Divergent is getting so many good reviews. But I'm kinda bitter the movie version is better than Vampire Academy and the Mortal Instruments. >:( Gah, why is it only the dystopia/scifi YA books make better movies than the paranormal/fantasy?!

« previous 1