Invisible Hands discussion

Planning > Plot and Such

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 102 comments Here's an idea I've got. What about you guys?

Evidently, there was once all this conflict, apparent from the legends, but times have been peaceful as of late, but peace has overstayed its welcome, and the Eternal Ones are growing uneasy.

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) Sounds good to me. But... what about the "levels" and "realms" of the Eternal Ones? For example: how many Underworlds are there? How many moons? How many suns? Etc.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 102 comments Sorry I've been gone, my dears. I've been busy with things and people. Frozen is amazing, by the way, for any of you who have yet to see it.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 102 comments Sarah wrote: "Sounds good to me. But... what about the "levels" and "realms" of the Eternal Ones? For example: how many Underworlds are there? How many moons? How many suns? Etc."

That is an excellent question. What would your suggestion be?

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) Given the # of different deities we have, I'd say there should be several ones?

message 7: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh (last edited Dec 02, 2013 04:59PM) (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) Realms

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 102 comments Gotcha. I'm not sure, because I feel like that may make it more difficult for the characters to congregate...

message 9: by Kitsune (new)

Kitsune Rose (kitsunerose) One of everything would be the easiest idea.

message 10: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) I'm okay with that but then how do you determine hierarchy? For example: who is the goddess of love? Or are they equal?

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 102 comments There are multiple. It depends on who people pray to. On Eternal Earth, they are equal, and domains frequently cross over each other.

message 12: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) Okay gotcha.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 102 comments Any other questions or things that need to be addressed so we can start?

message 14: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) I dunno. I guess I'd like to see what you come up with for the world we'll be RPing in. :D

message 15: by Emma (new)

Emma For gods and goddesses who have the same or similar themes/powers, for example beauty, would one be more powerful than the other or would they be equals?

message 16: by Kitsune (new)

Kitsune Rose (kitsunerose) Equals because they are in different spheres of influence if you know what I mean.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 102 comments Exactly what LB said!

message 18: by Emma (new)

Emma Okay, makes sense. I was just wondering if their power would vary based on how widely they are/ were worshipped or something like that.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 102 comments Nah. If anything, the older they are, the more powerful they would be, but most of them are old enough that it doesn't really matter. Does that help?

message 20: by Emma (new)

Emma yeah, that makes sense :)

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 102 comments I've decided the Eternal Earth, the Underworld, and whatever other realms we may have have "magical/mystical" creatures such as dragons.

message 22: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) Oooh!

message 23: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 158 comments So, um, plot. I think it would be interesting to have the gods go to Earth for some reason or another, because I think it would provide more interaction and a different dynamic. I feel like the immortal world could get stagnant if there isn't a threat or a purpose for them to do something.

message 24: by Emma (new)

Emma yeah, definitely. I kind of like the war between eternal ones idea as well, maybe that could start causing disasters on earth or something?

message 25: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 158 comments Yes, that could! What kind of war though and who are they fighting? Against each other or older eternal ones such as the Titans?

message 26: by Emma (new)

Emma I'd think each other, since they branch from all different mythologies. It would be kind of weird, at least in my opinion, because then it wouldn't just be titans, but also Apopohis and 'villains' from all sorts of mythologies...

message 27: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 158 comments True. So then, why would they fight? There can always be the good/evil fight, but I don't see that going far as much as fighting because of something else.

message 28: by Emma (new)

Emma hmm, yeah. Well the fights are generally pretty petty, at least in my opinion, so maybe everyone starts getting bored, and as a result they get tense, maybe start arguing and then start fighting over the arguments, taking sides and such?
Please tell me if that idea totally sucks.

message 29: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 158 comments Hm, that could happen. Or maybe something was stolen from the gods by a human/group of humans and they battle it out while some others go to Earth to search for it?

message 30: by Emma (new)

Emma ooh, I like that.

message 31: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 158 comments It would be more effective if more than one thing was stolen, so perhaps each god lost an item?

message 32: by Emma (new)

Emma And then maybe they would all be suspecting each other and such.

message 33: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 158 comments Yesh! And we can start off with that and later on have a way to find out about the humans and then go to earth so if we are getting bored, we can just switch things up that way. :D

message 34: by Emma (new)

Emma Sounds good to me, we just need the others to agree.

message 35: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 158 comments Haha, yes. I'm not sure how to do that. Can we make a poll or something?

message 36: by Emma (new)

Emma I think so, yeah.

message 37: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 158 comments Coolio! I'll try to make one then. ^^

message 38: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) I feel like we need more players too lol.

message 39: by Emma (new)

Emma yeah, probably. The majority of the group is pretty inactive...

message 40: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 158 comments I agree. I'll make another character soon, I suppose.

message 41: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) Anyone wanna send out invites?

message 42: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 158 comments I'll try. :D

message 43: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 158 comments How do we want to go about with the plot? I figured we're continuing despite we have such a few number of votes.

message 44: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 158 comments Maybe it's just me, but I want them to go to the mortal world already. Skip the fighting part! :P